*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
8th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55045.msg1146434#msg1146434
« on: July 19, 2014, 11:59:24 am »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:airbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
-Evidence of Score Requirement
-Evidence of Established Account Requirement
Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion
Spoiler for Task 2:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion
Spoiler for Task 3:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion
Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation last war for the same element you are challenging (or defending as a Master)
-If you were a General, evidence of your General-ship
Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:
  • 30,000+ score in Elements
  • 200+ forums posts
  • Joined the forums no less than 3 months ago (at the time the clock above expires)
Note: In the event more there are more than four applicants for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master justaburd of :air is defending.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:43:41 pm by CCCombobreaker »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55045.msg1146660#msg1146660
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:06:51 pm »
Spoiler for Requirements:
Spoiler for Score:
Spoiler for Join Date:

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Beginning War Training
Spoiler for Hidden:
Speed Training
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Time Trials:

I might manage to shave a few seconds off this later.

Spoiler for Untouchable Quickness:

I might manage to shave a turn off this later.

Strength Training
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Heavy Lifting:

It took around 400 mutations (and I almost ran out of creatures to mutate), but I finally got a time creature with dive (in the top left).

Fun fact: if you use SoR on a creature with >499 attack then it resets to 499. Oh well, at least I got 2 dives out of it :) I realised afterwards that I could double the attack again if my mutation was a flying time creature with dive and I had a sky blitz in the deck, but there's no way I'm going through that again.

Spoiler for The Deck I Used + How Long It Took:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
534 534 534 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u6 72i 72i 72i 72i 77i 7hi 7hi 7k0 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7la 7la 7n2 7n2 7q0 7q8 7q8 7qu 7ri 8ps

Yep, over 5 hours. I have too much free time.

Spoiler for Strength in Numbers:

Again, I could make it a little higher if I kept all the mutations I had with dive or endow. Never doing that again, though xD

Endurance Training
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for Incredible Fortitude:

As you can see I had something fairly elaborate planned, but you can't cause a creature to have >499 health with BB. Still, 501 health (middle right) isn't bad.

Spoiler for Unwavering Will:
Will do this later.

Building War Golems
Spoiler for Hidden:
Amilir
7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7n5 7n5 7n8 7n8 7t9 7t9 7te 7te 7te 7te 7ti 7ti 7ti 7ti 8pt

Years ago a feared, cruel traveler stumbled upon the lands of the Sky Dragons. Amazed by the raw power he found there he sought to learn all he could from these noble people, but the Sky Dragons were unafraid of his power and turned him away. Amilir, however, was not to be stopped. Infatuated with the strength of the Sky Dragons, mightiest of all creatures, he vowed to have none other travel at his side. He planned meticulously, using skills learnt from the realms of Darkness, and over a great period of time his promises of renewed vitality with every attack tempted a band of Dragons to his cause. With these 'Shadow' Dragons at his side he achieved his desires, but still he lusted for more of the Sky's powerful treasures.

The Sky Dragons thought themselves untouchable, but once more Amilir outsmarted them. Protected by the cover of darkness, wrapped in the blackest of cloaks, he stole from the Sky Dragons some wings as mighty as theirs and a glorious bow to slay his enemies from great distances. Finally satiated Amilir fled into the night, leaving behind no trail to follow.

To this day the Sky Dragons hunt him, but always he escapes their gaze - hiding from them with the aid of his cloak, fleeing from them on stolen wings, and slaying them from afar with shot from his stolen bow. Amilir is now the greatest enemy of Air's followers, but is perhaps the strongest among them.

The aim of this deck is to out-heal your opponents damage whilst giving them no chance to disrupt your strategy thanks to cloak. The deck works well in the hands of the AI as it mainly involves playing the cards as you draw them, though it sometimes uses LS on bizarre targets.

Entering the War Forge
Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Wyvern
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
6 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6|6
TEXT:
NAME:
Wyvern
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
5 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7|6
TEXT:

ART:
IDEA:
Afdarenty
NOTES:
Airborne.

It's far from creative, but as for a for a card that "helps mitigate a weakness" it's pretty good.
SERIES:

Currently Air only has two practical sources of damage unupgraded - Dragons and Nymphs. Both of these suffer the same problem, i.e. they're extremely expensive. This makes them slow to play (particularly in a duo deck) and means you have to play a large number of quanta sources, using up precious card slots. Having a strong mid-range hitter would speed air decks up significantly.

Spoiler for Example Deck:
4t9 4t9 4t9 4t9 4t9 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5of 5of 5og 5og 5on 5on 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5up 5up 5up 6rp 7tb 7tb 8pt

This deck could be used effectively by Generals, Lieutenants and Soldiers alike - any extra upgrades can be used on wyverns followed by a dragon.

Spoiler for War Bonus:
Nope.

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
Still no.

Tasks arriving later arrived.

Various edits:
  • Beginning War Training finished. Vague attempt to prettify spoilers made.
  • Building War Golems finished.
  • Entering the War Forge finished.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:43:33 pm by Afdarenty »

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55045.msg1147232#msg1147232
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:40:54 pm »
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 8th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55045.msg1150204#msg1150204
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 08:44:36 pm »
Just a post to say I'll be away now (with the TrO's permission) until the 26th - I'll miss phase 3, and a little more besides. If you ask me a question in any of the Phase 3 threads (not here!) I'll answer it when I get back. A few answers to some of the more common questions:

Spoiler for Questions:
If Air trials were full would you join the trials of a different element?
No.

Would you General in War?
Yes.

Would you become a Brawl Boss?
No.

Who do you think the better Master would be - you or justaburd?
I'm honestly not sure. I think we'd both do well.

You went missing for three weeks in the middle of trials! (Yes, I know this isn't a question.)
It's the one significant period of inactivity for me the entire year - quite unfortunate timing for me, but much better than in the middle of war.

And that's all you're getting. Cya all later :)

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 8th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55045.msg1150208#msg1150208
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 08:58:15 pm »
enjoy the hiatus Afda, and best of absentee luck in Phase 3
Lux Kyrie

anything
blarg: Afdarenty,justaburd,Hyroen