*Author

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460708#msg460708
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 07:50:22 pm »

Which image do you like better and why?
A:
I definitely have to agree with Jenkar, the picture of the true sky will always show more of :air Air than a cartoon. And even though the other is cuter, and has a lightning bolt, it will never be the real thing. Unless it turns into a Pokemon. And we start living with real Pokemon .

One of the hardest Trials to vote for. Air is a really good element so it should do better in War. Initially I wanted to vote Hyroen, but as far as I know he has already had a few chances. Let's see if the current BL leader can bring Air to glory in War.
I've really only had one other chance, and that time QuantumT became Master of :air Air. It --would-- be interesting to see how BL decks will do for :air Air in War however.

Questions:
1. Do you think is it thematically appropriate to Air to be solely limited to Weather Phenomena and Physical Concepts, or do you feel it could be expanded upon to cover other themesin Elements the Game?
2. Design a new card that you feel represents the more "Magical" side of Air. (Magical is open to your interpretation.)
A: Firstly Zblader, you'd have to understand the entire situation before judging. ^_^

Aside...
1. I think it is thematically appropriate to include Weather Phenomena, Physical Concepts, Quanta Efficiency, Resource Liberty and Spell Manipulation, among other things, in :air Air.

2. Firstly, I think every element has its "magical" side, dragons, bolts and spells come to mind, but yes, :air Air deserves a little magic as well. Perhaps a little more mythical.

The magical concept in my opinion, perfectly describes the Sylph, which is why I have to present it again. Apologize the reused concept, I have like 27 Card Ideas for :air Air, so it's hard not to be inspired by or not reuse the same ones. If you'd like however, I can present a new one. Feel free to ask. ^_^

Air has a strong mono (upped), while unupped it is famous for its shields (fog, wings). For both unupped and upped metagame, do you see Air as a "main" element or rather "supporting" role in a deck? How would you utilize this difference in War?
A:
Air I see as a very efficient element, it whips out cards that are almost as "complete" as others such as Phase Shield, Dusk Shield and Lightning in a manner that normally require in-element quanta and less of it. In this sense it is of course natural to use it as support with cards like Shockwave, Fog Shield, and Wings. Though seeing as it has conveniently cheaper cards, it also works well as an element to use it as a mono.

As I've said before, quanta efficiency is one of :air Air's apparent niches and would like to see it more developed.

In War, I would try to take advantage of :air Air's effective cheap cards and those of other elements while including the gracious Azure Dragon and easily make a >50% :air Air deck that would have a good chance of winning. Of course I'm not going to give away all my strategies though, but I have several nice :air Air decks in the line-up. ^_^

Unstable Gas has two true hard counters:  Jade Shield and Mirror Shield.  Many players have a problem with this fact and insist that these cards should not have this kind of power because it makes the duel one-sided and unfair.

Q:  Imagine for a moment that every single card in existence had no hard counter that corresponded to it.  What would happen to the metagame?  Would there even be a metagame?  If hard counters did not exist, do you believe that some of the weaker PvP Elements would rise up due to a more balanced PvP environment?
A:
In all honesty I've never seen hard counters as an entirely huge problem for the metagame. If cards with hard counters are used as the main strategy, one shouldn't be surprised if a Jade or Mirror Shield messes you over. When including Unstable Gases in my decks I try to see ways to make it such that I might have another win condition than just exploding them to death.

I support the existence of hard counters because they provide strong weakness each deck can have and thus no deck will be superior, however I would prefer to see counters a little softer than direct and specific ones such as Jade and Mirror shield, much in the same way Nightmare counters Fractal.

Hard counters are the card equivalent to saying "Hah, I've got this so I basically win", which in my opinion is equal to Scissors cutting through paper, there's no strategy involved, you either have it or you don't.

The inclusion of Ghost of the Past actually made people think. When stuck with them in your hand, you had to consider two options: "Do I mess my strategy or suffer the HP loss?" These types of cards enhance gameplay far more than those that are simply Rocks, Papers or Scissors.

If no hard counters existed, but mezzo-counters did, the metagame would still exist, and perhaps even be improved. Their removal would of course "buff" the cards affected, but may also allow more strategic mechanisms, further developing the themes of each element.

What do you tihnk of / how would you improve this :
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5od 5od 5od 5od 5of 5of 5of 5of 5of 5op 5op 5op 5op 5op 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 622 622 622 8pu

A: I told you I would take my time because I felt like this would be a perfect opportunity to do a little deck testing.

Firstly, the deck you presented has the following stats:

Please keep in mind the AI used is AI3. As for the table, you may ignore the following categories, as there may be false, misleading or confusing information:
  • Upgraded [X/Y]
  • xf
  • Deck Strength
Unfortunately, your deck suffers from serious quanta starvation. I would personally rather be overquanta-ed than underquanta-ed, because at least your strategy can moderately develop being overquanta-ed. The factors that negatively affected your deck is the inability to play cards and the fact that this deck can't handle permanents well.

I decided to make the following changes to the deck and only included 9 upgraded cards:
As you can see, just 9 upgraded cards, some more focus in the deck, and a little more defense really turned things around. Though this deck is still a preliminary test and I wouldn't say it's the best option, it's certainly one of the more effective ones. If you'd like, I can report to you what my final findings are for Damselicious after 50 games. As for your deck, let's just say that I took those 8 losses for you. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this deck and keep exploring.

And yes, these are but few screenshots from the legendary deck testing file I keep referring to. ^_^
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460728#msg460728
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 09:16:20 pm »
1. You keeping on and on with these debate only makes you look stubborn.
2. Posting that is not the nicest thing you would've done for Jenkar.

All that proves is that you would do anything to win. You have my vote, but if you screw up in the Final Battle/War (not that this does not mean lose) I will not make that mistake again.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460740#msg460740
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:03 pm »
@xdude:
Jenkar's fine with me posting that, he prepares for everything, don't you Jenk? ^_^

And having experience with other Masters of :air Air, few have truely deserved it. I would prefer to take the responsibility of Mastership this time around, than keep having to point fingers at people who are largely not around anymore.

I do apologize for appearing stubborn, but after some injustices, you kind of get tired.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460747#msg460747
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »
@Hyroen While I can accept your detailed speeches and dedication to making sure your thoughts are noticed, I feel like posting that PM without any proof of asking Jenkar beforehand was kind of... underhanded.

Questions:
1. Do you think is it thematically appropriate to Air to be solely limited to Weather Phenomena and Physical Concepts, or do you feel it could be expanded upon to cover other themesin Elements the Game?
2. Design a new card that you feel represents the more "Magical" side of Air. (Magical is open to your interpretation.)

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460749#msg460749
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 10:15:54 pm »
@xdude:
Jenkar's fine with me posting that, he prepares for everything, don't you Jenk? ^_^

You can post whatever you want that is neither a lie nor a direct attack on me. I don't prepare for everything but i try to as much as possible.

Also, there's a whole level between being fine with what you post (it's your choice to do so and it's not like you did anything that ''wrongs'' me, since i'd've answered the question the same way had it been asked in this thread), and not being affected. I lost quite a bit of the respect i had for you when i saw that link.

Questions:
1. Do you think is it thematically appropriate to Air to be solely limited to Weather Phenomena and Physical Concepts, or do you feel it could be expanded upon to cover other themes in Elements the Game?
1. Second. There is an unexplored side of Air, which is... well, magical beings, most importantly, birds. I find it extremely disturbing that Air doesn't have a bird.

Note: Simurgh is a protective legendary bird.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460769#msg460769
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »
I wanted to express my support for Jenkar as the best candidate for Master of Air. He is an excellent player (*looks at BL league standings*), a valued community member, and a great friend. I believe that he is capable of bringing stability to the mastership of Air. Anyone who is lucky enough to work with him is in for a good time. :P

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460852#msg460852
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 02:45:02 am »
@Hyroen While I can accept your detailed speeches and dedication to making sure your thoughts are noticed, I feel like posting that PM without any proof of asking Jenkar beforehand was kind of... underhanded.
Looking back, it wasn't like me at all. I've apologized to Jenkar, and we are currently discussing how we feel about our current situation. I'm going through a rough patch in life, and the fact that these Trials are slapping me across the face while I try to do everything right is not helping.

I apologize if I've seemed a little off, but if you were in my exact position, you might understand.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg460858#msg460858
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 03:09:26 am »
Apologies accepted. Thanks for apologizing :)
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg461012#msg461012
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 07:18:00 pm »
Are there anymore questions?

Come on! Dissect us! I want everyone to make a wise choice. ^_^

EDIT:
In the 4th Trials of :air, when I unfortunately couldn't participate due to time constraints I was able to ask each contender a volley of questions through the allotted time for this particular phase. I wanted to know that I would pick the right candidate.

Feel free to check it out HERE (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29693.0.html)! Maybe you'll get inspired, and if not for these trials maybe for next. ^_^

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg461021#msg461021
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »
Air has a strong mono (upped), while unupped it is famous for its shields (fog, wings). For both unupped and upped metagame, do you see Air as a "main" element or rather "supporting" role in a deck? How would you utilize this difference in War?
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg461024#msg461024
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »
A) Really depends on which card. Air as a whole has both capacities. Shockwave, fog for example are mostly support cards. But if you use skyblitz, wings or animate weapon, air is a main element, because you base your strategy&deck upon that/those card(s). In my opinion, air is mainly a main element due to more cards being ''main'' cards than being support ones.
B) By making decks who use those main cards and enhance themselves with support/other main cards from other elements.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36640.msg461046#msg461046
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »
I wanted to express my support for Jenkar as the best candidate for Master of Air. He is an excellent player (*looks at BL league standings*), a valued community member, and a great friend. I believe that he is capable of bringing stability to the mastership of Air. Anyone who is lucky enough to work with him is in for a good time. :P

I second Katie Perry and deuce!
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

blarg: Hyroen