*Author

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378331#msg378331
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 02:59:51 am »
MOAR QUESTIONS!

As a member of the previous air war team, I know that we did not fair so well.  What would you have done differently to improve our placement in war?
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378338#msg378338
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 03:28:38 am »
To be a Master is to embody an Element of Elements the Game. This is a very large responsibility and not all are cut out for the challenge.

For the community to see if you've got what it takes I've designed a series of challenging questions which will test you not only as a contender for the role, but also as a person. Feel free to answer as many or as few as you wish.

I will not ask you what the Element of :air Air means to you but answer it should you wish to.

Good luck.

Q1.

Air has always had difficulties in finding admirable Masters like other elements have had. What kind of a person do you think a Master should be? What responsibilities should a Master acknowledge as theirs?

What percentage of upgraded cards of their element should a Master of an element have? How many do you have?
Please try to complete each component of a question and make your answers as detailed as possible.

The questions will only get harder. Brace yourselves.
As DD has said already, Air has been unpopular despite the new cards released for It, and perheps even more so after our mediocre performance in War III. A Master of an element's ulmost important role is to glorify its element and encourage members of community that the element dominates the others. A Master of an element also must dedicate a decent amount of their time to the community, be it War, posting in Air related threads, and having good PR in chat.

Bonus Q1: A Master of an element needs to possess a good portion of upgraded cards of their element in order to battle challengers to prove that their element is the best. This portion should exceed 50% (3 or more of each card of that element). I currently have 81 upgraded Air cards, counting Pillars/Pendulums and the Air Nymph. I do have enough Electrum to upgrade 6 of each Air card if I so wished.

When you think of :air , what is the very first word you think of, and why?
Freedom.

Funny. QT has asked me a similar question. :)

Thank you DrunkDestroyer for a swift response to Q1. Noobiecakes, unit, answer Q1. and Q2. as soon as possible.

While knowing how a good Master should be the trick is not to emulate but to be. If it's in you, we will know soon enough.
All that we know about each of you however is through what you say and who you are in the forum. It's time to start unraveling each contender.

If you have not already answered Q1. please try to answer both in your next post. If you have answered Q1. please make a new post to answer Q2. for alert purposes.

Q2.

To be a Master is to have an identity and reputation. How would you describe your reputation? Do you think you are respected? Do you think you are known? Who would you consider your closest friends in the community?

Name 2 previous or current Masters of any element, one who you've admired and one who you felt could've done a much better job. Tell us why you've admired the one Master, and what, if you were the other Master would you do to make up for or amend the past.
Please try to complete each component of a question and make your answers as detailed as possible.

My reputation power is 8. :P Just kidding. Irl, I'm a pretty timid and quiet guy. Some would even say nerdy. For this reason, I have not really struck up major friendships with many members of the community. I think I am respected as a member of Team Air, and a weekly tournament winner. Relations-wise, meh. I think I am decently known for my work with 10 men for the popular FG deck I've GotP Time. My closest member of the community would be DrunkDestroyer, for he dueled with me in the Championship League a few times, and encouraged me to create my own decks that are fun and effective. I respect him most for that time when he defeated me with a Phase Spider/Wings/Air Nymph+Gas deck. Geniusity at its finest.

Bonus Q2: /not being stuck up   
I've always admired QuantumT has the Master of Air. The reason being that Air never (imo) got a good Master who had stayed for the full duration of their term. QT has done a superb job as the Master of Air in directed us in War and striking up good PR in chat.

Heh. I think that Ryan666 could've done a better job as a Master of Light. Leaving right after becoming the Master is not very ideal... What I would do? Come back and take on the work as a Master of Light until the end of the duration of his term!

What is your favourite deck, and why?
Skyfall by ilovecandy. Although I've made my own variation of it, I just love how there are so many (3+!!) ways to defeat the opponent in a 30 card deck. A delightful treat to all Air lovers.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378378#msg378378
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 05:52:36 am »
This... is a question that I have asked myself and have milled over time and time again.
This is a question that connects Air to the rest of the elements.
The answer to this question is what lead me to the character of EvaRia.

So I ask you:

Q: If you had perfect and absolute control over Air, in any way you can imagine, if you were part of the Air itself...

What could you do?
ok, this may sound cheezy as hell, but i would transfer a lot of earth's air to the planet closest planet we can safely transfer to. this way, in case we can't inhabit that planet due to oxygen problems, we can now. and if that wont work out, i will clense the earth's suply of oxygen (i have breathing problems, not athsma or anything, but i do have problems) and i'm very certain that many others do and i can understand that.

To be a Master is to embody an Element of Elements the Game. This is a very large responsibility and not all are cut out for the challenge.

For the community to see if you've got what it takes I've designed a series of challenging questions which will test you not only as a contender for the role, but also as a person. Feel free to answer as many or as few as you wish.

I will not ask you what the Element of :air Air means to you but answer it should you wish to.

Good luck.

Q1.

Air has always had difficulties in finding admirable Masters like other elements have had. What kind of a person do you think a Master should be? What responsibilities should a Master acknowledge as theirs?

What percentage of upgraded cards of their element should a Master of an element have? How many do you have?

i think that a master should embody his element, be the essential element in the element, if you will. air is a free element. it has all of the characteristics of a freedom loving individual. but at the same time, it has the fury of which most people have never seen before. air bends to situations and can figure a way around anything. i, believe it or not, have mastered that last skill. i have talked my way out of countless fights, i have negotiated my way out of countless groundations (pun somewhat intended).

wind (kinda a duh moment for me)

To complement (or contrast? O_o) Hyroen's question, I'll post a more unusual one that will hopefully detail your Air-like personality. :)

Q: “If you turned into a bird after reading this message for an hour, what would you do?”
the first thing i would do is fly until i cant anymore (if i cant fly for more than an hour), i would then crap on the most expensive car i could find (people shouldnt stress over that kind of stuff :P). i would THEN fly to the highest point i can find and just watch people (creeper!)

Thank you DrunkDestroyer for a swift response to Q1. Noobiecakes, unit, answer Q1. and Q2. as soon as possible.

While knowing how a good Master should be the trick is not to emulate but to be. If it's in you, we will know soon enough.
All that we know about each of you however is through what you say and who you are in the forum. It's time to start unraveling each contender.

If you have not already answered Q1. please try to answer both in your next post. If you have answered Q1. please make a new post to answer Q2. for alert purposes.

Q2.

To be a Master is to have an identity and reputation. How would you describe your reputation? Do you think you are respected? Do you think you are known? Who would you consider your closest friends in the community?

Name 2 previous or current Masters of any element, one who you've admired and one who you felt could've done a much better job. Tell us why you've admired the one Master, and what, if you were the other Master would you do to make up for or amend the past.

q2: i think my reputation might be that of someone who is unbiased. but at the same time, it's probably one of many mistakes (i tend to make those :P). um... the closest friends would probably be... thats kinda a hard one, because i might see them as friends, but they probably see me as one of those other guys, and what if someone who thinks of me as a friend isnt what i consider a friend and i hurt their feelings? but oh well. i would go with ICB, dragoon(numbers), and SG. i mean seriously, sg has done SO FRIKIN MUCH! and she's helped me out on many occasions, so yeah.
bq2: admire: jmizzle. hands down. could have done better: me. i mean i kinda sucked. i wasnt all that good of a general and i didnt do much FOR air, i just held the title kinda. i can improve on this by studying the efforts of all of the other masters (past and present) and find a way to incorporate that into my style and personality.

MOAR QUESTIONS!

As a member of the previous air war team, I know that we did not fair so well.  What would you have done differently to improve our placement in war?
i will actually incorporate all of the plans i set up and worked out after the first war (some of them were ace). and i would be WAY more active (not saying that i can pull that off, our internet is down right now and im baby sitting today and tomorow, so i can get on NOW, but the future is unsure) and i dont want to drop out like i did last time and make that mistake yet again.

6 dragons, 6 shockwaves, 2 owl's eyes, 2 fogs, and 14 pillars (i lovez me mah cc)
Range the cards of air, best to worst.
i cant do that, i mean yeah air has some bad-ish cards, but i cant choose favorites. (though i would say skyblitz is my least favorite. i like simple, and skyblitz takes that away from me)
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Newbiecake

• Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378381#msg378381
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 06:21:09 am »
I'm back for more answers to these juicy questions! Who's next? O I spy a War teamate and I see I've missed EvaRia and PlayerOa and Kuro. :P

To complement (or contrast? O_o) Hyroen's question, I'll post a more unusual one that will hopefully detail your Air-like personality. :)

Q: “If you turned into a bird after reading this message for an hour, what would you do?”
Be as noisy and attract as much attention as possible because I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!

This... is a question that I have asked myself and have milled over time and time again.
This is a question that connects Air to the rest of the elements.
The answer to this question is what lead me to the character of EvaRia.

So I ask you:

Q: If you had perfect and absolute control over Air, in any way you can imagine, if you were part of the Air itself...

What could you do?
It is quite hard to picture myself being about to do that, tbh. To answer your question, I would direct the flow of Air to my biddings. Be it grabbing an item, or carrying out daily chores (how cool would it be to be able to eat by just opening up wide, and have the Air to defy Gravity to deliver the food to me??!!). What would you do EvaEia? I'm curious!

MOAR QUESTIONS!

In my opinion, Team Air could have done so much better if we had better communication with each other. We had a member being away for over half of the War, unorganized Salvage/Discard/Convert and deck building. Communication is key to big events like this, and I sincerely hope for the next War that members of Team Air would keep their communication skills sharp.

1. Wind Pillar/ Air Pendulum: Where else are you going to find your source of quanta from?
2. Dragonfly: EQ resistant quanta source.
3. Fog Shield: Haxx ftw!
4. Wings: So many synergies and such good protection.
5. Wyrm: My favorite decks circulates around these babies.
6. Owl's Eye: The best of Air's creature control.
7. Azure Dragon: let's not forget that Air has one of the most durable, strong, and quanta-efficient dragon in the game.
8. Shockwave: These can go into any Air decks or Rainbows as a wonderful form of creature control.
9. Flying Weapon: I would like the upgraded form better as they are the base of any Flying Weapons deck. Unupped? Not so much.
10. Firefly Queen: Not very quanta efficient and takes a while to get the strategy going.
11. Sky Blitz: I think consuming all Air quanta is overkill. Half would be more reasonable. Pretty UP card imo.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378385#msg378385
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 06:28:27 am »
Air depends of rush(mostly), question:it is posible to make an air(50%)FG farmer?Explain.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378386#msg378386
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 06:33:26 am »
Air depends of rush(mostly), question:it is posible to make an air(50%)FG farmer?Explain.
i would say there are a bit of fgs out there that can be killed easily by mono-air, but unfortunately, air (50% or otherwise) wouldn't qualify as an efficient fg killer. there might be some decent combos that would work quite well, but i cant see any that would (yet). time will tell though. i can imagine many possible cards (that are balanced) that would knock a fg on it's ass that also fits air's theme
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378387#msg378387
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 06:35:34 am »
People are starting to respond faster and faster. Good for you, guys, this means reliable involvement in the community. ^_^

A successful Master behaves in particular ways, is responsible, strong and a leader in many ways. While this is sufficient to be a successful Master, completing requirements is not enough for the true Master. A true Master seeks to know what their element was, is and will be. It's time to see how you would envision :air Air in a near future.

If you have not already answered previous questions, please try to answer any outstanding in your next post. If you have answered all previous questions please make a new post to answer new questions for alert purposes.

Time to really kick things up a notch.

Q3.

All Masters have a deep and enriched understanding of their element and its card pool. If zanzarino allowed all the Masters of an element to pick one card from the forum's Crucible System (Crucible, Forge, Armory, and Archives) to be added in 1.30, which 1 card idea would you select?

Design 3 hypothetically -effective- decks around the selected card. All decks must contain 5 copies of the card and contain at least 35 cards. The first deck must be Mono Air, the second deck must be a Duo using Air and an element of your choosing, and the last deck must be a Rainbow with a Mark of Air. Use code AIR for the card should you use the deck image generator to represent the deck.

WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378390#msg378390
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 06:36:59 am »
i would say there are a bit of fgs out there that can be killed easily by mono-air, but unfortunately, air (50% or otherwise) wouldn't qualify as an efficient fg killer. there might be some decent combos that would work quite well, but i cant see any that would (yet). time will tell though. i can imagine many possible cards (that are balanced) that would knock a fg on it's ass that also fits air's theme
No,50% air.Not 50% win rate(very hard)
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Newbiecake

• Pursuing.
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378394#msg378394
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 06:59:10 am »
A False God farmer needs to consist of a few (preferably most) of these elements: Creature control, Permanent control, and Stall/Protection, and some healing would be nice too.

With that said, for Phase I of the Trials, I've designed a deck that successfully filled all the Rings for the Bronze, Silver, and Platinum Leagues (yes, I skipped Gold). But sadly you would not find it in that thread because I've only posted the screenshots and not the deck itself. XP However, because I've grinder with that deck for so long in order to complete the task, I've memorized that deck by heart. The Leagues and False Gods are similar, so the following deck should work for some False Gods too.
-Mark of Entropy
-5 Elite Wyrm
-5 Wings
-10 Wind Tower
-2 Flesh Recluse
-1 Phase Recluse
-4 Explosions
-5 Chaos Powers
-1 Unstoppable
-1 Precognition (Can expand my knowledge of the opponent's deck for the Arena, but for FGs replace with Rewind because their decks are predictable)
-6 Supernova
-40 Card deck

Chaos Wyrms combined with PC, as well as the ultimate defense once the combination of the Webbing Spiders and Wings get going. Making a False God deck with Air 50% is more than possible because Air is just that gud! ^.^

People are starting to respond faster and faster. Good for you, guys, this means reliable involvement in the community. ^_^

A successful Master behaves in particular ways, is responsible, strong and a leader in many ways. While this is sufficient to be a successful Master, completing requirements is not enough for the true Master. A true Master seeks to know what their element was, is and will be. It's time to see how you would envision :air Air in a near future.

If you have not already answered previous questions, please try to answer any outstanding in your next post. If you have answered all previous questions please make a new post to answer new questions for alert purposes.

Q3.

All Masters have a deep and enriched understanding of their element and its card pool. If zanzarino allowed all the Masters of an element to pick one card from the forum's Crucible System (Crucible, Forge, Armory, and Archives) to be added in 1.30, which 1 card idea would you select?

Design 3 hypothetically -effective- decks around the selected card. All decks must contain 5 copies of the card and contain at least 35 cards. The first deck must be Mono Air, the second deck must be a Duo using Air and an element of your choosing, and the last deck must be a Rainbow with a Mark of Air. Use code AIR for the card should you use the deck image generator to represent the deck.

Oh wow! Deck designing. Seems like you and DD are both encouraging me to do more of that now eh? Sadly though, I will not be able to work on this until tomorrow as I am not replying on a computer atm. No going on Elements for me right now! :P

I'll edit this as soon as I get access to a computer. Stay tuned Hyroen and the rest of you!

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • formerly unit
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378396#msg378396
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 07:04:57 am »
No,50% air.Not 50% win rate(very hard)
i know, i guess i should have worded it another way :P

Q3.

q3: flying sword (animate on a stick ftw, but probably op)
bq3i would make the following deck around it:
mark of entropy
6 super novas
1 pulverizer
5 flying swords
2 druidic staffs
1 discord
1 titan
2 arsenics
2 vamp stilettos
1 morning glory
7 air towers
and 2 fog shields
(im sorry i broke your rule, but hey, its air, its freedom)

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378425#msg378425
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 08:49:03 am »
If the purpouse of this excersise was to say that they are all equally useable in their own unique way...

Owl's Eye
Flying Weapon
Wings
Fog Shield
Unstable Gas
Shockwave
Dragonfly
Firefly
Firefly Queen
Wyrm (Move up 2 places when upped, down 1 when unupped. Seemed a middle-ish value)
Sky Blitz
Azure Dragon
Blue Nymph
Thunderstorm
Flying. I've said it before, I'll probably need to say it more and more as the questions pile on, but I love the idea of flying. Like driving in air, like running on water. So close and far away. Yeah, always Flying.

Q2.

Reputation: My name isn't huge, like willng, Napalm, jmdt, ect.
However, it was enough to put me in council, meaning I do have a certain degree of name recognition (which as you can imagine, starts to happen at around 1000 posts, regardless of meaning).
I'm just a Senior Member really. I like to think that people think of me as interesting/funny/creative/friendly. My name has a certain degree of respect to it now, I could never see someone treating me the same way they would to a >100 poster, or a new chatter. (I actually have experimented with this a few times in chat), or ignoring my posts as it was fairly common when I first joined.

As for masters I like : MrBlonde is a legend. When I first joined, I recognised his name from providing me with wins and rares in T50 (which I really needed), and before I knew him, I actually voted for him against coinich in their first epic duel :P . He's a nice guy, tries hard in events and such, funny and entertaining. He's also pretty open about himself online, and basically, I like it when he talks - because its always respectful, entertaining, and some cool stories.

(And right now I'm thinking about how awkward it will be if/when he reads this. Ooh. Don't feel obliged to vote for me because of this :P)

I'm sure naming Ryan as the master who could have done a better job - it's the easy option, since the community is in mutual agreement here, and he's gone so it is easy(ish) to bash on him. And yeah, he really should have pulled through, it dissappointed everyone. Obviously if I signed up for War, I'd finish it to the best of my efforts the whole way through.

Same with other masters who dropped out of war half-way through, and talked down their element.
I feel like I would be disadvantaging myself if I didn't post an air deck.
But at the same time, I don't really want to reveal a deck that I plan on using in the Final Battle (current favourite deck at least), so I'll show you two others, one in element, one not.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f9 5f9 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5p0 5p0 5p0 5p0 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 621 621 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 80d 80d 80e 80h 80h 8pu

(Deck topic: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29344.0.html )

and my off element favourite

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52q 52s 52s 52s 52s 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5la 5la 5ld 5ld 5ld 5ls 5ls 713 713 71a 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7k2 7k2 7k2 8pq

(Both made by me)

MOAR QUESTIONS!

Try my best to avoid that gigandanourmous penalty that Air suffered. Damn, that was a bit of a letdown for me as a spectator, not a particularly heroic way to start losing momentum in war.
Personally, I also would have tried to steal some of Higs players. Youngsot, (...), UTAlan, all quite cheap and uknown (and same deal next war with unknown/literate players who seem above average, and undervalued). But I've never actually done war, (and currently do not plan on doing it, like said before), so my opinion here doesn't mean too much.

Honestly, I've never tried it. Obviously it would never be competitive, but maybe a Wings/Spider denial might just do it, as well as my Task 1 Arena deck (with cremations upped to get that extra 40 damage)
Link: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29344.0.html

Q3.

I just looked through the whole Armory. That was a little dissappointing to be honest, not too much air in there. Skinner's Pidgeon came to mind as soon as this question was asked, but that's more of a fun little addition than a true card which represents and defines air. Thunderbird seems interesting, soft PC.

Then came the Crucible. Scouting Hawk ( http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,25758.0.html ) was the first that caught my eye. Wave Distortion (I don't believe I need to link this one, and again, not trying for flattery here).
Cyclone, by johanhowitzer was almost perfect. If it said your creatures, rather than opponents, then it would have been made for me.

I'll come back tomorrow when I have more time, and delve through the archives. Something beautiful that truly defines a deck has to be in there comewhere. If not, Scouting Hawk is still pretty cool.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378893#msg378893
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 03:29:38 am »
I've previously asked if you felt you are respected in the community and the general feeling was unfortunately a little shaky. Respect however can come slowly when one has self-respect, whatever you understand that to be.

An effective Master has a notable charisma and strong leadership skills to boot. It's not something that can be acquired overnight, but it certainly arises from somewhere. Have you found the source?

Q4.

Self-respect is always seen as an important characteristic of a leader. Naturally, one would think that self-respect is a characteristic of a Master. What do you consider to be self-respect? What are some examples of self-respect in your forum posts? How do you think people become respectable? Do you believe self-respect is necessary to be a Master?

Quote anything from the forum that in your perspective shows that the member who posted it has self-respect. What characteristics about the quote represent self-respect? Then quote anything you have posted (not considering July 10 - August 10) which shows the *most* self-respect. How could your post improve?

Prepare yourself for the second Tier of difficulty Trials of :air Air!! Questions 5-7 will be fun.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

anything
blarg: DrunkDestroyer