*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377660#msg377660
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:37:54 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377671#msg377671
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:52:14 am »
Quote from: Bluepriest in this topic which I had to remove
Go UNIT! You will always be Air to me... I mean... umm.... why would you make a good master of Air? Ok... I do have to ask... regardless of whether I think you are the best candidate or not... previously, you have had to retire from your master related duties (mid term I believe). Especially with the school season coming back, is this a possibility once again?

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377708#msg377708
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:49:15 am »
To be a Master is to embody an Element of Elements the Game. This is a very large responsibility and not all are cut out for the challenge.

For the community to see if you've got what it takes I've designed a series of challenging questions which will test you not only as a contender for the role, but also as a person. Feel free to answer as many or as few as you wish.

I will not ask you what the Element of :air Air means to you but answer it should you wish to.

Good luck.

Q1.

Air has always had difficulties in finding admirable Masters like other elements have had. What kind of a person do you think a Master should be? What responsibilities should a Master acknowledge as theirs?

What percentage of upgraded cards of their element should a Master of an element have? How many do you have?
Please try to complete each component of a question and make your answers as detailed as possible.

The questions will only get harder. Brace yourselves.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377731#msg377731
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:46:29 am »
To complement (or contrast? O_o) Hyroen's question, I'll post a more unusual one that will hopefully detail your Air-like personality. :)

Q: “If you turned into a bird after reading this message for an hour, what would you do?”

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377764#msg377764
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:29:19 am »
DrunkDestroyer.
If I get chosen, I will probably be the master with the worst name, in the recorded history of anything.

Despite this, I think you guys should vote for me. As master of Air, my favourite, and coincidentally the best element.
I've supported air the whole way through, that is, from sometime near the start of War #2.

In fact, I make effort to incorporate air into pretty much everything I do. I even coloured this beautiful avatar light blue for the duration of War. I wrote Team Air's speeches in War 2 and 3, wrote a beautiful piece on the air nymph, and even dedicated my 1000th post to Air in my usual eloquent way.

The Air Nymph:http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17738.msg242011#msg242011

War #3 Speech: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22565.msg305540#msg305540 

War #2 Speech: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,22565.msg306381#msg306381

1000th Post: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28610.msg395198#msg395198
Plus, I'm a cool guy. I'm usually pretty nice to people, I capitalise letters when appropriate - And sometimes when Unnecessary - and basically, I think I would make a great representative for air. I step onto chat occasionally, and show my faces in tournaments too. And I step up when necessary, see the Game Suggestion and Feedback section for proof.

However, I probably should say, like last time, that I will not be participating in War if I am a master. I just don't see myself as having the time (and secondarily, the ability) to act as a General for the best team in all the months that come up, and I'd never want to let my team down when there was a better man for the job if I wasn't so proud.
Now, I personally see the Master position as more of a representative, promoting and providing for the element, than leading a team to War. But if we disagree on this point, than by all means vote for whoever you think is most suited to your ideal interpretation of Master.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377769#msg377769
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 05:37:49 am »
This... is a question that I have asked myself and have milled over time and time again.
This is a question that connects Air to the rest of the elements.
The answer to this question is what lead me to the character of EvaRia.

So I ask you:

Q: If you had perfect and absolute control over Air, in any way you can imagine, if you were part of the Air itself...

What could you do?

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377782#msg377782
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 06:07:46 am »
Q1.

Air has always had difficulties in finding admirable Masters like other elements have had. What kind of a person do you think a Master should be? What responsibilities should a Master acknowledge as theirs?

What percentage of upgraded cards of their element should a Master of an element have? How many do you have?
For a while, Air was quite unpopular. Even this war, you didn't see that many people loyalisting for air. Now obviously, this has been going up  with strong War Performances, the intoduction of new mechanics (Sky Blitz, Wings), and a stable master, with a proper contested trials.
I personally want to represent, show off, and make air the most liked and popular element.

Bonus: Maths is hard - and this question depends on how many pillars/pends you count as full. To make me sound slightly better, I will assume 10 (of each) - so the total is 14x6 + 2x10 (Includes Air Nymphs), total of 104. (If the other people see how I did it, it can remain consistent)
And I have a grand total of, roughly 33%, which is probably the bare minimum for a master, and I've been upping for a while. I've never been a great grinder, my card collection is mediocre, but that is much larger than my collection of any other element.

Q:If you turned into a bird after reading this message for an hour, what would you do?
Would I be cliche if I said fly everywhere - not really to see, but just to fly. Like a 16 year old who just got his license/car. Of course they aren't really driving to go anywhere.
And everyone might say that too, but thats the honest answer, and the one I'm giving.

Q: If you had perfect and absolute control over Air, in any way you can imagine, if you were part of the Air itself...

What could you do?
Answer this question
More than if you had asked any other element

Slow down everything, speed up everything else. Move things at the speed I choose for them to go.
Stop, start. Create cyclones, negate air flows.
Fly.
Create noise, and engineer silence.
Explode.
Feel everything. Feel your unconcious. The pressure of the wind, the stillness of air, the absence of noise, or touch, or smell.

Fly.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377814#msg377814
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:24 am »
I voted for the player that seemed both most active and most nice (even if he likes being drunk).
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377866#msg377866
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:55:16 am »
Range the cards of air, best to worst.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg377989#msg377989
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 03:27:51 pm »
When you think of :air , what is the very first word you think of, and why?

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378062#msg378062
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 05:46:11 pm »
Thank you DrunkDestroyer for a swift response to Q1. Noobiecakes, unit, answer Q1. and Q2. as soon as possible.

While knowing how a good Master should be the trick is not to emulate but to be. If it's in you, we will know soon enough.
All that we know about each of you however is through what you say and who you are in the forum. It's time to start unraveling each contender.

If you have not already answered Q1. please try to answer both in your next post. If you have answered Q1. please make a new post to answer Q2. for alert purposes.

Q2.

To be a Master is to have an identity and reputation. How would you describe your reputation? Do you think you are respected? Do you think you are known? Who would you consider your closest friends in the community?

Name 2 previous or current Masters of any element, one who you've admired and one who you felt could've done a much better job. Tell us why you've admired the one Master, and what, if you were the other Master would you do to make up for or amend the past.
Please try to complete each component of a question and make your answers as detailed as possible.

The questions will only get harder. Brace yourselves.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29693.msg378186#msg378186
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »
What is your favourite deck, and why?
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

blarg: