*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67856.msg1299228#msg1299228
« on: June 15, 2020, 07:44:20 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
PHASE 1 DONE

:airbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Phase 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules.

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:
  • theelkspeaks

Master STANDIN of :air is NOT defending.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:11:00 am by DoubleCapitals »
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67856.msg1299492#msg1299492
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 08:54:44 am »
It was the coldest day of February, and I was on my way home from a local gathering of mages.  With a smile on my face, and my head in the clouds, I flapped my way lazily above the paved road below.  I had almost cleared the city boundary when I saw them.  Six young cloaked men, all gathering around a poor beggar, stabbing him repeatedly with a sword of Discord, demanding he pay them more electrum to stop.  I summoned a swarm of damselflies and attempted to drive the men off.  Four turned and ran, but two left the beggar alone and turned on me.  We scrapped and scrapped for what felt like hours, but at long last, I thought I'd gained the upper hand and would soon have finished dispatching with them.  In a fit of rage, the last attacker pulled out a Chaos Seed and threw it directly in the face of my two nearest loyal damselflies.  When nothing happened at all to the flies, and they flew in for the knockout blow, he raised his hands as if to ask why it hadn't worked.  Grinning, I fished my hands into my pockets, and showed him the reason none dare to attack a mage of the Air: my very own Shard of Freedom.

NAME:
Soar Higher
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
5 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Secret: When an opponent targets an airborne creature you control, instead give that creature +3/+3.
NAME:
Soar Higher
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
3 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:

TEXT:
Secret: When an opponent targets an airborne creature you control, instead give that creature +4/+4.

ART:

IDEA:

NOTES:

SERIES:

Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 14th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67856.msg1299506#msg1299506
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 06:00:47 pm »
War: Team gravity last war
Trials: you beat me Oa, so you know

Spoiler for DB Task 1:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 5f9 5f9 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 7dp 7mt 7mt 7mt 7n5 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7q5 7q5 7tb 8ps

It looks different compared to other more common decks used in air trials and is also a very effective deck. Strengths include shield bypass (unless jade/reflective), CC bypass, the sundials help stall against decks with no pc or not enough effective pc. Also good vs 100hp stalls as can OTK. Weakness include pc, it is very reliant on UG and Dials so pc is a major threat. Other obvious ones include reflective/jade shield and large hp stalls. Poison is also able to bypass sundial, though a poison deck may be slow compared to UG. While it is easy to counter if you are expecting it, jade/large hp stalls arent commonly used in air trials, and are a big risk against other potential decks.
A counter deck, without the obvious use of jade or hp gain:
5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5of 5of 5og 5og 5pu 5pu 5pu 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7n4 7n4 7n4 7t9 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tb 8pt

Instead of going for obvious counters, i wanted to try build a deck one is more likely to play in the trials. A dark domin is always an effective deck. I decided to add in fireflies, to be able to use the stolen UGs. In air trials, UG is quite common, in shape of blue nymphs, NT decks or UG itself, so using firefly is a great idea. Plus its a good attacker in itself as well. 

Spoiler for db task 2:
https://imgur.com/a/7Gi6U9x
7ms 7ms 7ms 7n4 7n4 7n4 7ng 7ng 7ng 7ng 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 808 808 808 80e 80e 80e 80e 80h 80h 80h 80h 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pr

VS fire queen
Again, I could've made hard counters using dims or dials otk and such, but thats boring. This deck, while not as good a hard counter as some others, is more innovative. The electrocuter serves many purposes, hence the 4 copies. By disabling ffq, youre reducing healing by bonds, damage, and cc by fir bolts. It can also be used on Animated weapon to reduce cc. Nymphs and fireflies are acting as damage. Theyre both good attackers, and also help in UG production and use. The quint is for a bit of protection against cc if needed. I would mostly use it on fireflies tbh as nymphs are quite resistant.
Improved Fire queen:
7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7am 7am 7am 7am 7am 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dm 7dm 7dm 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n5 7n5 7n5 7n5 8pr

I dont want to make needless changes which change the deck completely. These changes are very subtle and combat some of the issues of the deck. Explosion is for against shields/dials, fahren didnt serve much purpose so i decided to remove it in favour of another eagles eye for that extra cc and damage.  Other subtle changes include decreasing copies of life pillar and bonds and adding another copy of fire lance. With these changes, it is a better all round deck, with cc pc and healing. Though, my original deck will still fare decently well against it  :P
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

blarg: STANDIN