Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Air?

Manuel
6 (19.4%)
Aves
21 (67.7%)
None Worthy
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: August 14, 2018, 12:01:26 am

*Author

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278776#msg1278776
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 04:46:00 pm »
last time i """""ragequitted""""" was in an event that was supposed to be restarted, with 30% of players that retired after 2 rounds, players that already got byes get even more byes, then pause everything so these players was able to fight against 2 subs popped out of nowhere, then even more byes every round

if things are handled properly and are fair for everyone no one ragequit or simply, think an event isn't fun anymore

-------

Manuel, you've been grilling us newcomers in Trials.  This is ironic because you are a newcomer to trials, too.  This is the first trials that you've gone beyond phase 1 after withdrawing from Trials # 10 for earth

The concern about "quitting" goes right back at you. In fact, you seem to have a history of not following through and rage-complaining.

-Event WWW3 is referring to that you rage-quit
-War 10
-Not finishing Tourney
-Funny, but un-masterlike comments War 11

You are a strong pvp-er.  You're also funny and creative.  But, why should anyone vote for you for Master given a pattern leaving/quitting when it suits you?  Do you not consider the impact leaving mid-way has on others and the event?  Will you continue to be yourself as General? Quit when you're angry or think something is not fair? 

I think you should address this because it's one thing to be this way as a soldier/participant, it's entirely different as Master/General.

P.S.  I found a bunch of these links by searching "Manuel Angry"  :P

i withdraw from trials 2 years ago because i changed work and i totally not had the mind to play a game

in war 10 i was trashtalked by my opponent ingame chat during my turn (no way to screen when was playing) after i topdecked a card and won a game, ended with me losing 3 games because i bottom decked fractals, then after the earth gen said other things/i don't remember but i was really really angry
i didn't ragequit the tournament, i conceded after the first turn in last game, i had a  :time  :aether deck, the import fucked up and i had  :darkness mark, how i could win? cactus even said it in that post lol u have some problems to read
in last war team darkness tried to turn my win from 3-2 to a loss in 1-3 using the point "your opponent is inexperienced in pvp" , while i was still proving screenshots and after he agreed with the final result; the only to know the real truth was doctorc, not a single post by him in that thread
without arguing that game was turned in a loss, after wasting one and an half hour and 9 games because my opponent was browsing tumblr

the main difference from me and u is that AT LEAST i played 2 wars, winning one of them with the best winrate paired with spiel, if i remember correctly

u have a lot of free time and a lot of imagination, u can find other things on me (i made an op time card for the first card competition i ever joined, u can post it saying i ragequitted)

edit: i opened a thread about retrogaming 2 months ago, u can say i am not worthy to become master since i play other games
also there are two things no one knows: i ragequitted tennis irl for a knee/leg injury some years ago and karate when i was 10 years old because i didn't like it after getting the yellow belt
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:56:57 pm by Manuel »

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278777#msg1278777
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 04:56:48 pm »
i have no way to get more votes than a competition organizer like aves, but doesn't mind i made 11/12 and i have the war bonus

Hah, no. PvP results count for a lot. I'm expecting an uphill battle in the votes from the PvP crowd. I think we'll end up with a significant number of upgrades in your favor at the end.

I'll also send a question your way. You've been fairly critical of the new people in Trials. The odds are that you'll have somebody new in your War team, so how do you plan on helping them learn the ropes? How would you choose to have them participate?
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline Kalinuial

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Kalinuial is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278778#msg1278778
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 05:23:30 pm »
Spoiler for prior quotes:
last time i """""ragequitted""""" was in an event that was supposed to be restarted, with 30% of players that retired after 2 rounds, players that already got byes get even more byes, then pause everything so these players was able to fight against 2 subs popped out of nowhere, then even more byes every round

if things are handled properly and are fair for everyone no one ragequit or simply, think an event isn't fun anymore

-------

Manuel, you've been grilling us newcomers in Trials.  This is ironic because you are a newcomer to trials, too.  This is the first trials that you've gone beyond phase 1 after withdrawing from Trials # 10 for earth

The concern about "quitting" goes right back at you. In fact, you seem to have a history of not following through and rage-complaining.

-Event WWW3 is referring to that you rage-quit
-War 10
-Not finishing Tourney
-Funny, but un-masterlike comments War 11

You are a strong pvp-er.  You're also funny and creative.  But, why should anyone vote for you for Master given a pattern leaving/quitting when it suits you?  Do you not consider the impact leaving mid-way has on others and the event?  Will you continue to be yourself as General? Quit when you're angry or think something is not fair? 

I think you should address this because it's one thing to be this way as a soldier/participant, it's entirely different as Master/General.

P.S.  I found a bunch of these links by searching "Manuel Angry"  :P

i withdraw from trials 2 years ago because i changed work and i totally not had the mind to play a game

in war 10 i was trashtalked by my opponent ingame chat during my turn (no way to screen when was playing) after i topdecked a card and won a game, ended with me losing 3 games because i bottom decked fractals, then after the earth gen said other things/i don't remember but i was really really angry
i didn't ragequit the tournament, i conceded after the first turn in last game, i had a  :time  :aether deck, the import fucked up and i had  :darkness mark, how i could win? cactus even said it in that post lol u have some problems to read
in last war team darkness tried to turn my win from 3-2 to a loss in 1-3 using the point "your opponent is inexperienced in pvp" , while i was still proving screenshots and after he agreed with the final result; the only to know the real truth was doctorc, not a single post by him in that thread
without arguing that game was turned in a loss, after wasting one and an half hour and 9 games because my opponent was browsing tumblr

the main difference from me and u is that AT LEAST i played 2 wars, winning one of them with the best winrate paired with spiel, if i remember correctly

u have a lot of free time and a lot of imagination, u can find other things on me (i made an op time card for the first card competition i ever joined, u can post it saying i ragequitted)

edit: i opened a thread about retrogaming 2 months ago, u can say i am not worthy to become master since i play other games
also there are two things no one knows: i ragequitted tennis irl for a knee/leg injury some years ago and karate when i was 10 years old because i didn't like it after getting the yellow belt

Manuel - I linked to the wrong tourney thread.  The tourney I saw was you passing on playing for third place because you didn't care about third place.  It's mild, but the issue there was you didn't think about your opponent or event.  You just left and did what was best for you. 

Actually, there's a bigger difference between us than you suggest both in experience and results.   It's no secret that many of us newbies won't pass trials.  I know that.  Newbies know that. Veterans know that.  We newbies need to improve our PVP-ability which is partly why we are in trials.  Only going through trials will we gain experience.  I can see how going through trials is completely different than a PVP event, leagues, or tourney.  So try we must.

If you can give newbies a hard time, others/yourself should be able to take a hard look at you, too.  Think of my comments as a suggestion to grow as a leader.  Please, keep being critical.  But find some chances to be a coach and mentori as Aves suggests.

Offline Manuel

• Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278779#msg1278779
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 05:50:29 pm »
i have no way to get more votes than a competition organizer like aves, but doesn't mind i made 11/12 and i have the war bonus

Hah, no. PvP results count for a lot. I'm expecting an uphill battle in the votes from the PvP crowd. I think we'll end up with a significant number of upgrades in your favor at the end.

I'll also send a question your way. You've been fairly critical of the new people in Trials. The odds are that you'll have somebody new in your War team, so how do you plan on helping them learn the ropes? How would you choose to have them participate?

i deleted that part but lol

pvp count in the reality, but i think other than that there is a sort of "affidability" that a guy without a staff position can't have, u was chosen by the council
i was critical because i wanted people to come here and made hard questions so everyone can have fun, wait until i go in aether's thread saying sofree is a balanced card

idk if i get the last question but for helping them it really depends on the guy, someone need  some self esteem, other some tranquillity on an hypothetical loss, another one need the explanation on to not play the dragon in an otk deck without the combo, other one can be stronger than me

@kalinual it was 3 am for me with my opponent afk, that mean wait AT LEAST 30 minute online doing nothing for getting the win, i even said it to kae; u are at the point that u are simply insinuating things hoping there is something true

lol i lost this

it's one thing to be this way as a soldier/participant, it's entirely different as Master/General.

> never played war
> talks like he played 5 wars
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:18:23 am by Manuel »

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278783#msg1278783
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 06:23:13 pm »
/grabs popcorn
Finally some old traditional drama. What would we do without it?
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278786#msg1278786
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 07:41:09 pm »
It's no secret that many of us newbies won't pass trials.  I know that.  Newbies know that. Veterans know that.

Don't put that evil on me. I intend to pass these trials with flying colors.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278826#msg1278826
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 02:14:10 am »
First off, best of luck in the final battle! I'm curious to see how each of you approach it - it seems you both have a very different play style to me.

I would argue that no element has more deck building options than Air. Specifically, cards like OE, Fog, Wings, Shockwave, Thunderstorm, Skyblitz mean that you can play something as basic as a Mono deck in dozens of different styles, each with a different set of strengths and weaknesses. Often, changing a single card can be enough to turn a bad match up into a good one.

I strongly believe that the key to success with Air is to pair the right deck type (e.g. Mono, Dark Duo, Stall, Grabbow, etc) with the right support cards, while still squeezing in enough pillars to make the deck run smoothly.

On that note, why did you choose the decks you played, and the specific cards in those decks during phase 2? In hindsight, would you want to play a different deck? Would you want to build the deck you did play differently? Was the quanta balance okay? Would you make different bans?

I won't ask you to answer these questions for every deck you played - I imagine that would be quite time consuming - but I would like to hear a few thoughts even if all you say is that it was a good deck choice. At minimum I'd like to hear about the following decks, though your thoughts on other decks are also very welcome.

For Aves:

Spoiler for Aves vs STANDIN - Game 3:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5c2 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5og 5og 5oh 5oh 5oi 5on 5on 5on 5on 5on 5on 5p0 7ms 7ms 7ms 7n3 7n5 7n5 7oe 7oe 7oe 8pn

Spoiler for Aves vs deuce22 - Game 4:
5oc 5oc 5oc 5og 5og 5oh 5oh 5oh 5oh 5oh 5on 5on 5on 5on 5on 5on 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 7oe 8pk

For Manuel:

Spoiler for Manuel vs worldwideweb3 - Game 4:
5lh 5lm 5lm 5of 5of 5of 5of 5og 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 7k1 7k1 7k1 7k1 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 8pq

Spoiler for Manuel vs deuce22 - Game 5:
4sr 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5of 5of 5of 5of 5of 5of 5op 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7tb 7tb 7tb 8pt

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278828#msg1278828
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 03:05:35 am »
I voted Aves because he gave well thought & persistent support for me throughout that thread

Whereas Manuel has always seem somewhat jaded from my brief exposure. RNG giveth, but really RNG taketh away. Never blame it, never expect of it, always accept it

So, gl in trials Aves

Offline Manuel

Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278829#msg1278829
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 03:46:08 am »
i also supported u in that that thread lmao
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:47:47 am by Manuel »

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278830#msg1278830
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 04:34:56 am »
Thanks, serp! Your support is much appreciated. On the other hand, he just gave a counterexample to me in saying that PvP matters to votes...
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278836#msg1278836
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 06:25:10 am »
Manuel, why are you Trialling for Air? Is Air your favorite element?
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66238.msg1278838#msg1278838
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 07:00:00 am »
I voted Aves because he gave well thought & persistent support for me throughout that thread

Whereas Manuel has always seem somewhat jaded from my brief exposure. RNG giveth, but really RNG taketh away. Never blame it, never expect of it, always accept it

So, gl in trials Aves

About that old discussion, I have to say that I've changed my mind and I do not think hydras are a bad thing anymore; my prespective changed when DoctorC joined our community. I also need to apologize to serprex for some things that I've said back then. :(
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

anything
blarg: Hyroen