*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64316.msg1261588#msg1261588
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:20:26 pm »
 TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:airbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
- Evidence of Score Requirement
- Evidence of Established Account Requirement
- Evidence of PvP Event Participation
OR
- Evidence of PvP Event Achievement

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for Task 2:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/BMing/Voter's Panel position last brawl
-If you were a Boss, evidence of your Boss-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules. Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:

• Any ONE from:
    • Winning a Weekly Tournament
    • A top 3 finish in either of the PVP Leagues
    • A top 3 finish in a PVP event
    • Finishing on 1 of the top 3 War teams
    • Becoming a Master of any Element
  • OR ALL of the following:
    • 30,000+ score in Elements
    • 100+ forum posts
    • Joined the forums no less than 3 months ago (at the time of signing up)
    • Participation in at least three separate PVP Events (Leagues, War, Weekly Tournaments, etc.)

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:
  • Jenkar
  • Hyroen

Master Afdarenty of :air is defending.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:03:01 pm by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Woop woop topic title that does not break potatoes! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64316.msg1262007#msg1262007
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 05:32:39 pm »
Less than a week left and still no one grabbing this? In.

Now for quoted everything, as per usual.
I am very lazy.

I satisfy 3 of the pvp conditions on that screenshot as shown by the awards for leagues, master of air, and tournament, + the war one (but again, lazy)
Registration date :     31-03-2011, 14:10:44. THE REAL ONE. (as mentioned later for loyalty bonus)

Spoiler for Phase 1:
I choose task 1 & 3
Task 3 :
Spoiler for Hidden:
"CLOSE THE DOOR!"
Silence fell upon the busy court. Seeing the icon on his chest, the guards obeyed, barring the metal door to the castle. Moments later, a crash shook it to its core. Lightning and fire could be heard crackling outside.
The man laid on the floor, panting for breath. The regent approached him.
"I remember you. You were one of the soldiers that went with our Master, to fight the great war, to regain the freedom of our people from the terrible Entropy. What happened, for you to rush in with the enemy at your heels?"
The man regained his composure.
"We were doomed. Doomed from the start. The Master... left us as soon as he saw the first battle."
Gasps echoed through the room. He continued
"We tried to hold on for a while. We had some successfull runs. But in the end, Fire and Aether came and -"
The door burst. A huge being, seething with lava, crashed trough.
"Regent! Surrender, and your people may stay safe, under our rule! Or fight, and watch as the last of Light dies."
The regent sighed, and after a moment removed the crown from his head and laid it on the ground.

---

"The trials are coming! Who do you think you are going to vote for?"
"The mercenary. I know that there are disputes on his elemental allegiance, but... he knows his stuff. After the crushing defeat before, we need a strong leader to get our freedom back."

---
"Listen up soldiers. I have hired you all because you of your skills. We will win this war. We will go crush the so called "top tier" elements, and be forever known for our victory.
But we have our differences. We come from different lands, different cultures. In this state, we will surely have dissent before we have a chance to win.
This is why i brought this, the heart of light. In past wars, it supplied some of its strength to the army. But with it so close, it will unite our army for one purpose : winning. No one outside of our kingdom could ever hope to shatter its power. Victory is guaranteed."
Light marched on. It crushed opponents one by one, defeating Aether and Fire with a swiftness never seen before.
"This is our final fight, friends. We have come this far, and soon, we will be masters of all that exists."
"SIR! A man entered the camp! He says he has important information about Death"
"Let him in. Ah, i recognize you. You were from the past war, the last survivor. What news do you have?"
"I know where Death is camped. I can guide you there, so that our element can rule once and for all."
"This is good. I'll stay close, show us th - what are you doing!"
The heart was in the man's hand. He tore it open, and the light suddenly disappeared.
"Foooools! I have been recruited by death since the beginning of this war. Without this, your chances are slim!" he screamed, as he ran away.
Soon, the unity between the members of Light was broken. They formed two teams, and eventually, the deceitful Death vanquished them all.
And ever since the loss of the heart, Light's power has never been up to par.

Spoiler for War Bonus:
WM bonus : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/war/war-10-round-15/

Soldier bonus :
I was in Earth : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/war/war-10-rosters/
Earth finished 4th, as per (they were broken but #sheetwizard) : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/war/war-10-standings-62844/
So 2 points. (curse you JCJ)
Much more if Afd defends tho!

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
OH I BRAWLED THIS TIME BABY
It was the best brawl ever. We totes got crushed, but best brawl ever!
Anyways. Ahum. Composure, Jenk, composure. Calm, collected, cool, the three cs, like combobreaking.
I was in Super Secret Shadow Soldiers Simply Standing Still : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/forum-brawl/brawl-6-rosters/
And we finished 2nd, as per : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/forum-brawl/i-dont-like-voints-theyre-coarse-rough-irritating-and-they-get-everywhere/
(Cool topic name CO btw)
So I haz 2 points more.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:17:10 pm by Jenkar »
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64316.msg1262268#msg1262268
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:46:23 pm »
Defending? Of course I'm defending. It took me this long just to get comfortable, did you think I'd move now?!

I'm still pretty comfy...

I'm a past (and current) Master - see awards!

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1 - The Warrior:
Mine is the Warriors path.

Or we could have a baking competition. More cookies in the world can't be a bad thing, right?

Spoiler for Task 2 - The Fresh Recruits:
[size=18]What makes Air strong in War?[/size]

In a word, flexibility. No other element has close to the same diversity when it comes to offensive options and defensive options. In War, you know roughly what decks your opponents will play against you. With Air you can adapt heavily to what you predict from opponents, which can be a great advantage.

Offensive options
Damselflies are a key card in any Air deck that aims to win using creature damage. Though they use up the majority of your allowed upgrades, they spend the entire game chipping away at your opponents health. This quickly adds up, and normally ends in you winning a turn or two faster than you would have done without them. They are also excellent against creature control - even when your opponnet removes your larger creatures you still have a damage source. It's also worth mentioning that without the boost in speed from Damselflies, Shard of Freedom decks would be far less viable.

With enough upgrades, Air can rush very effectively. There are two options here - either Sky Dragons or Wyrms may be used. Sky Dragons have seven health, which means that they are a pain for your opponents to remove. One attack removes over an eigth of your opponents starting health, so even if they are removed immediately they still have a large impact on the game. Wyrms are much more fragile, but deal similar amounts of damage after a Dive and hit the board much faster. You need fewer pillars to support Wyrms than you would need to support Dragons, which means you have more room in your deck for other cards. The big disadvantage of rushing with Air is that it requires so many upgrades.

One way around this is to play 6 Damselflies, 2 Wyrms, and 4 Azure Dragons. You still have good speed from the Wyrms and Damselflies and enough damage to close out the game with your Azure Dragons, but you only use 8 upgrades total. However, this suffers from inconsistency. If you don't draw the Wyrms early enough you can be a little slow. Adding more defensive cards is another good way to cope with few upgrades - if you can slow your opponent down by a turn or two then you should be fast enough to win.

Shard of Freedom is an important card for Air. Because the most powerful Air creatures are either expensive to play, have expensive skills, or both, it is difficult to fit more than 6 non-Damselfly creatures into a deck. This means that Air decks can struggle greatly against creature control cards - it's not too difficult for your opponent to fit as many creature control cards into their deck as you can fit creatures into yours. Shard of Freedom punishes those decks, protecting your creatures from a wide range of threats. Shard of Freedom is also an excellent counter to Bonewall. This is important, as a Bonewall plus an area of effect card on your Damselflies can quickly build up a strong defense for your opponent if you lack shield bypass.

Finally, we have Blue Nymph. The capacity Blue Nymphs have to dominate games is, perhaps, second to none. Anyone playing against Air has to keep this threat in mind at all times. Blue Nymphs are actually quite brittle - reflective shields are the classic counter, but most good removal in the game is just as effective. If your opponent removes your first Nymph or two then you'll almost always be too far behind to recover. However, if your opponent lacks a counter they are explosive - literally. Just having Nymphs available as an option will win you games, even without you playing them. Your opponent will be forced to respond.

Defensive Options
Air is lucky enough to have two of the best Shields in the game: Fog and Wings. Wings, in particular, can limit the viable decks your opponent can play against you, and one copy in a deck is enough to punish those that don't. Fog is simply a very efficient card, and is a good addition to almost any deck that can afford it.

Shockwave is among the most flexible removal cards around. Thunderstorm compliments it nicely, and together they give good coverage against a variety of threats. Owl's Eye rounds out your creature control - it has good synergy with both Shockwave and Thunderstorm, as both these cards delay the game and Owl's eye becomes increasingly valuable the longer the game lasts.

Which defensive cards are best to choose depend heavily on the deck you play, and what decks you expect to play against. For example, some Elements, such as Water, Earth, or Death lack flying creatures, so Wings is a natural pick. To counter Wings, a Death player only has a few options. If you pick a damage source that is effective against all of these, or pair Wings with other control cards that counter those few options, then you're guaranteed to do well.

Spoiler for War Bonus:
1st as General of Air last War -see awards!

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
Nope.

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
3 previous Trials - see awards!

Physsion and Zawadx will henceforth act as the only TrOs for the 11th Trials of Air.
In case of a ruling covering two TrOs, it is settled by the third. In case of a ruling covering all TrOs, it is settled by the admins.
If you have any issues regarding fairness, please contact the TrOs or the admins immediately.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:59:10 pm by Afdarenty »

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 11th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64316.msg1262287#msg1262287
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:05:00 am »
Not going to let this one just fly away.

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1: The Warrior:
Task 1: The Warrior
  • This task is scored differently to the other tasks - see the 'Scoring' section for more details.
  • You will play 2 extra Bo5 matches in Phase 2.
    • These extra matches will only be played against other players who chose this task, or STANDINs if necessary.
    • You will not play two Phase 2 matches against the same opponent.
    • Matches will follow the standard Phase 2 Rules.
Submission details:
  • Simply post that you have chosen this task in your 'Challenger's Entrance' post.
Phase 2 Component:
  • Unlocks Elements :fire and :water for you in deckbuilding. Unlocks :gravity for your opponent during their matches against you.
  • Allows the use of up to 3 off-element upgraded cards plus 3 of any upgraded cards in each of your Phase 2 decks.
    • An upgraded off-element Spell/Creature/Permanent counts as either one of your allowed off-element upgrades from this task or one of your allowed Spell/Creature/Permanent upgrades from another task - it does not count as both.

Spoiler for Submission:
I have chosen this task.

Spoiler for Task 2: The Fresh Recruits:
Task 2: The Fresh Recruits
  • Design an Alchemy card to replace the one currently in your Element.
    • There is a table of the Alchemy cards below.
  • Design a Nymph card to replace the one currently in your Element.
    • There is a table of the Nymph cards below.
    • The skill of your Nymph card should have the same effect as your Alchemy card.
    • Your Nymph should be a creature similarly costed to the other Nymphs currently in the game.
  • Comment on the balance of these cards.
    • Consider how they can be used by all Elements, not just your own.
  • Comment on how losing the current Alchemy/Nymph cards will effect your Element in War.
  • Comment on how gaining your designed Alchemy/Nymph cards will effect your Element in War.
Submission details:
  • Post the card images and explanations in your Challenger's Entrance post.
  • You will likely find sections 2 and 3 of this thread very helpful.
Phase 2 Component:
  • Unlocks Elements :light and :gravity for you in deckbuilding. Unlocks :time for your opponent during their matches against you.
  • Allows the use of up to 5 of any upgraded cards in each of your Phase 2 decks.

Spoiler for Alchemy Cards/Nymphs:
Alchemy CardCorresponding Nymph
Antimatter
Purple Nymph
Aflatoxin
Grey Nymph
Black Hole
Amber Nymph
Basilisk Blood
Auburn Nymph
Adrenaline
Green Nymph
Rage Potion
Red Nymph
Nymphs Tears
Nymph Queen
Luciferin
Light Nymph
Unstable Gas
Blue Nymph
Precognition
Golden Nymph
Liquid Shadow
Black Nymph
Quintessence
Turquoise Nymph

Spoiler for Submission:
Spoiler for Alchemy Card:
NAME:
Second Wind
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
3 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK | HP:

TEXT:
Cost of every card in hand is dropped by 1 quanta and all airborne creatures gain +1|0.
NAME:
Second Wind
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
2 :air
TYPE:
Spell
ATK | HP:

TEXT:
Cost of every card in hand is dropped by 1 quanta and all airborne creatures gain +1|0.

ART:
Placeholder by Hyroen
IDEA:
Hyroen
NOTES:
  • Decreases the cost of cards in your hand and in the hand of the opponent by 1 quanta to a minimum of 0 quanta. There will be not be any negative costs.
  • The +1|0 is applied to every airborne creature on the field immediately after the cost of cards is dropped.
SERIES:

Spoiler for Nymph:
NAME:
Azure Nymph
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
7 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK | HP:
3 | 4
TEXT:
:air :air :air: Second Wind
NAME:
Sky Nymph
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
8 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK | HP:
5 | 6
TEXT:
:air :air :air: Second Wind

ART:
Edited from Elements the Game
IDEA:
Hyroen
NOTES:
  • Airborne. (Only airborne Nymph)
SERIES:

Spoiler for Analysis:
The cost of Second Wind takes into account the balance of Blessing and considers that for the mass buff to equal the targeting attack increase, (not considering damage reduction shields and/or Momentum) there should be a minimum of 3 creatures in play on your side of the field to begin with. Aside, the buff will also be applied to the airborne creatures of the opponent, creating an incentive to opt for airborne creatures. Dragons being a primary airborne creature in every element, they can be considered for offensive play, however their cost can be a bit of a mitigating factor, which is where the other effect of Second Wind comes into play. Not only permitting the possibility for Only :air-producing Rainbow Decks, part of the effect of Second Wind is a never-before-seen cost reduction effect which is tricky to balance and as such, is cautiously balanced by being able to affect both players. Of course, only the player using the effect will be able to seize the right opportunity to use the card and possibly swing the tides of the match in their favour. Featuring strong synergies between this alchemy card and several classic Air cards such as Dragonfly, Shard of Freedom, Wyrm and Fog Shield, this particular Alchemy card presents itself as a well-balanced and a perfectly suited tool in the element's arsenal.

Whereas the proposed alchemy card is not as direct as the current alchemy card, Unstable Gas, this does not mean that the proposed alchemy card won't find situations where its power will rival and at times surpass the current in-game card. The loss of Unstable Gas, however, would mean quite a change in the War metagame. Teams often have to prepare not only for the potential direct onslaught that can be the powerhouse of cheap and mid-hitting creatures, but also direct spell damage through the explosiveness that is Unstable Gas and often struggle to find a way to counter both. Though a simple Reflective Shield may directly counter the current alchemy card, teams often have to store a few away specifically for the dread that is Unstable Gas, among others. Having said that, if an opponent's deck does not bring the reflecting shields, the gases will present an immediate and, often, deadly threat. Removing Unstable Gas from our arsenal would almost certainly mean that teams would overall be less concerned about spell damage, possibly packing less reflecting shields and almost certainly opting for different shields when facing :air Air.

Where we would lose the direct firepower of Unstable Gas, we would make up for in the versatile and synergizing Second Wind which would not only give many of our Duos more consistency, but also the ability to capitalize on our Shard of Freedom, a serious threat in the recent War metagame. Furthermore, being able to have a Nymph that can hypothetically increase her own attack damage with time means that previously more passive :air :light Stalls can become more ramp-style decks, potentially able to overcome opposing stalls themselves.

Considering that :air Air itself is an element of relatively inexpensive cards and creatures which always appreciate even the slightest attack boost, Second Wind would be a welcome addition to any deck :air Air can currently field and furthermore may even expand deck possibilities.

Spoiler for War Bonus:

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:

WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

anything
blarg: Afdarenty,Physsion,Zawadx,Hyroen