Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Air?

Afdarenty
23 (48.9%)
Jenkar
9 (19.1%)
Hyroen
11 (23.4%)
timdood3
3 (6.4%)
None Worthy
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: June 06, 2016, 01:10:00 pm

*Author

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62070.msg1234892#msg1234892
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 05:55:35 pm »
Not that it makes a difference, but my None Worthy vote should be on Hyroen - I haven't had the time to redo my votes, sorry

Offline Timdood3

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Timdood3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Air Enthusiast
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62070.msg1234940#msg1234940
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 07:29:11 am »
I'd like to apologize for my inability to have answered any questions before voting ended- and for my lack of being online for the past week for that matter.  I know voting is over, but I'd like to have a go answering the questions anyway.

Spoiler for Jenkar:
@All : Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)
I feel like I did a pretty good job on my Phase 1 Tasks, with Mastering the Cards being the one I felt most proud of due to my love of deckbuilding, and Shard Revolution being what I feel is the weakest.

In Phase 2, I feel like I held up pretty well.  My biggest not necessarily mistake, but the thing I regret most would be my inability to play my rematch with Hyroen.
Spoiler for Afdarenty:
For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again?

And some questions for all trialists:
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, what are your goals? What is the minimum that you could achieve that you'd look back on and say 'Yes, I did a good job there'? Please be realistic.
1) This is a difficult sort of decision for me.  While I would proudly represent and lead Air, I do not honestly believe that I would be the best for the job.  Which is to say...No, I could not lead the element I love into the ground knowing that someone else could do it better.
2) Yes.  I quite enjoyed the last Brawl, and I feel it'd be nice to get some sort of Air incorporated next time.
3) My goal would be to be a positive force to make people see Air as an element that they should love.

Spoiler for Submachine:
For all trialists for all elements:

- How would you represent yourself in a comic if you wanted to be recognized, but without saying anything in the comic? Describe your looks.
- How would you represent your element's "essence" as a character in a comic? Would it have a gender? Describe its looks.
If it was an elements related comic?  Definitely some version of a firefly.  I'm terrible with adjectives.
As for Air's representation...It's difficult to choose just one way to describe it, just as if we were to both look up at the sky right now we'd likely see two very different scenes.  I try to think if what would most completely encapsulate Air, but all I can come up with is the Sky's vastness itself.
Spoiler for CleanOnion:
Spoiler for Air:
MoA applicants: Make a really cool paper airplane. Like, seriously cool. It doesn't have to fly it just has to be really cool
I am terrible at making things out of paper.  I am even worse at making symmetrical things out of paper.
Spoiler for General:
My question is as such: What's your favourite idea?
The idea that we as humans can break free from our humanity and, in a sense, ascend to a state of higher knowledge.
Spoiler for dark ripper:
Hello people! Imma ask some "getting to know you" questions.
1.For everyone: Is the element you are trialing for your favourite element? if its not then which is and why didnt you trial for it? If it is then which is your 2nd favourite and would consider trialing for it next time if you dont win these trials?
2.For everyone: Do you value higher the general of an element in war or the element itself? (for example your favourite element is  :underworld but STANDIN became the master of  :rainbow would you want to join the great master STANDIN or your favourite element no matter what general it has?)
3. For everyone: On the other side of the coin. As a general yourself, would you value higher more active players that may not hold your element as their favourite or players that have your element as their favourite but arent so active-or there are other problems-?
5. Challengers Only: assuming you make it to the finals. How would you react if the master didnt draft you in the coming war?(considering you want to be in the same team)
6. Last question for everyone: Why do you want to win trials? Why do you want to be a master?
#1. Air is my favorite element by far.  Not because I dislike any other element, but because Air resonates with me the most.  My second favorite would be ....Life?  Or would it be Light?  It's very close.  But no, I would not consider Trialing for either because Air is my element.  I would not willingly choose to be the representative of an element that I did not feel was the best element for me to be representing.
#2. The Element.  While the General would have some influence on whether or not I'd want to be on that team, me being on the war team of an element I did not like would sort of ruin the fun for me.  If my friend was he General for Earth, and he loved Earth, and I was drafted for Air's War team, I would be thrilled.  In part because I'm a sucker for friendly competition, and in part because we'd both be competing using the elements we love.
#3 It'd probably be some mix.  If someone loved Air, I would definitely want them on my team.  But if they can't be relied on to make their matches, I'd be more hesitant to draft them.
#5. I'd be...Surprised, in all honestly.  I've shown myself to be a compent PvPer, and have made my love for Air more than well known.  It might be a bit of arrogance here, but if I wasn't me, and I was Generaling...I'd do everything in my power to draft me.
#6.This is assuming I want to.  As I stated earlier, I do not believe I am the best for the job.  When I joined Trials, I knew I would not win the mastership.  But I signed up because I love Air and want to represent it in any and every way that I can.  Do I want to win?  Of course.  Do I believe I should win?  Far from it.
Spoiler for worldwideweb3:
Why air?
Air is something that I have always felt close to.  The sky, the clouds, the wind, everything.  I can't drive my car with the windows up or I'll go insane.  Air flowing around me has always given me confidence, comfort, and a feeling that everything is going to be ok.  I ride my bike through the country often, with no particular destination or worry.  At least once per trip I'll just find a nice place, lay back and watch the clouds pass.  Or the birds.  Whatever happens to be there when I look up.
Spoiler for ji412jo:
If you were to choose a song to represent yourself, what would it be?
If you had to choose another one to represent not necessarily you but your element, what would it be?

You lose all points if you choose ''I believe I can fly''
Bah, don't do this to me.  Music to me is less about representation and more about emotion.  A particular song won't represent a thing, but an emotion or some other abstract concept.
Spoiler for Discord:
Air trialists! Do you have any Air themed stories for us?
Hmm...I suppoe there is the time I went sky diving.  I was terrified, but at the same time I was in awe.  Being so high up looking down was not something I enjoyed.  Being so high up and seeing everything that had always been so out of reach is one of the best experiences of my life.  The only one topping it was the fall.  As I said before, having Air flowing around makes me more confidence, comfortable and at ease.  The moment the air started hitting me I went into a sort of trance.  The free fall period had me so relaxed that I just wanted to stay in that state forever.  Which apparently is the opposite of what is supposed to happen...Now, I meditate frequently, but that is the deepest meditative state I've ever been in, up in the sky, surrounded by the air rushing around me.  It was brief, but I will never forget that feeling.  Someday, I'll go again, but part of me feels like that would ruin the sanctity of the experience.  Anyway, that's my Air story.
Spoiler for Aves:
Spoiler for Air:
If War was between six factions of paired elements, which element would you want to match Air with?
The element with the most options.  Everyone says Darkness, and I hate to just go along with it, but it's hard to disagree when it's just such a good option.
Spoiler for General:
If you become/remain master, who is going to be your favorite minion?
Minion?  That implies a superiority over peers, and I'm not a big fan of that.  Yes, having that title of Master does kind of put you in a leader position.  But are those a leader leads subordinate, or are they equally as important to the relationship?  I'm answering a simple question with multiple philosophical ones, sorry, but I would still see all of my peers, especially those of Air, as my equals.
Spoiler for justaburd:
Chirp trill chirp chirp?

Warble?

P.S. Really more for the challengers: What do you think you'll do better than the current master?
Literally nothing.  I've made it clear at this point that I hold no pretense of deserving Mastership.  I'll refer to a quote I told Physsion before Trials had even begun, "I have no business winning Trials #10, but Trials #11 is all me."
Spoiler for Higurashi:
To all: How has your favorite element affected your life?

If you're not in Trials for your favorite element, let me know so I know whom not to vote for.
Air is my favorite element, which you by now know.  And my answer to this question is embedded in my other answers, so I'll just feel like I'm repeating myself more than I already have.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62070.msg1235830#msg1235830
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 08:35:59 pm »
Final :air Air Matches between defending Afdarenty and challenger Hyroen scheduled for Sunday, June 26th 16:00 - 18:00 GMT.

Be there for Air.

It's time to duel... almost.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:46:51 pm by Hyroen »
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62070.msg1236269#msg1236269
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2016, 04:18:39 pm »
Final :air Air Matches between defending Afdarenty and challenger Hyroen scheduled for Sunday, June 26th 16:00 - 18:00 GMT.

Be there for Air.

It's time to duel.

Rescheduled for Monday, June 27th 16:00 GMT. New countdown!

It's time to duel.

blarg: Hyroen