*Author

Offline ~NapalmTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm 2 - YoungSot 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg463133#msg463133
« on: February 21, 2012, 03:24:59 pm »

Final Battle ~ Mastery of Fire

Here it begins...

...and here it ends.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline ~NapalmTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg463195#msg463195
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:12:31 pm »
Bans:

YoungSot cannot use the following cards:

:aether Dimensional Shield
 :air Unstable Gas
 :darkness Voodoo Doll
 :death Bonewall, Poison
 :earth Earthquake
 :entropy Antimatter, Nova
 :fire Phoenix
 :gravity Otyugh
 :life Heal
 :light Sanctuary
 :time Reverse Time
 :water Steam Machine
 :underworld Shard of Gratitude, Shard of Sacrifice

~Napalm cannot use the following cards:

:aether Fractal
 :air Unstable Gas
 :darkness Steal
 :earth Earthquake, Pulverizer
 :entropy Discord, Nova
 :fire Deflagration
 :gravity Momentum
 :light Miracle, Sanctuary
 :water Ice Bolt
 :underworld Shard of Gratitude, Shard of Sacrifice

Game 1 ~ Loss
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v1 77l 77l 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 8pt

This is by far my favorite deck for this trials, but I happened to have the two worst hands ever AFTER I tested it. This game I discarded a Voodoo instead of my single Immolation. Drew 3 Immolations afterwards and lost all my attack power. Fatal error lost me the match for sure, but I may have lost to Wardens anyway.

Game 2 ~ Win
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f8 5f8 5fb 5fb 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 71a 71a 71a 71b 71b 71b 71b 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 8pk

I made the mistake of thinking he'd continue to play creature decks and didn't take Poison. In the end I BARELY scraped by a win with Bolts. I suspect he could have killed me and chose not to.

Game 3 ~ Loss
595 595 595 595 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 8pm

After I saw SoD's, Sundials, and expected Miracle, I just quit. I'd wasted enough time already. May have thrown away a win here though as he was relatively short on Light.

Game 4 ~ Win (Illegal)
5fc 5fc 5fc 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dn 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7ds 7f2 7f2 7f2 8po

Decided enough was enough. Rushed the crap out of him in 6 turns. 5 if not for a Dissipation Shield.

Aaah crap. Knew I was going to do this too.

Game 5 ~ Loss
5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v0 5v1 77l 77l 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 8pt

Again I tried to use my favorite deck. I had a better initial hand, but drew nothing the rest of the game. Once again my favorite deck failed to deliver.

Game 6 ~ Win
4so 4so 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f7 5f7 5f7 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dk 7dk 7dk 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 8po

Sturdy old MonoFire was too much for Voids to handle, though I did lose a Phoenix to Shadow.

Game 7 ~ Loss (Illegal)
5fc 5fc 5fc 77e 77e 77e 77e 77e 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dn 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7ds 7ds 7ds 7f2 7f2 7f2 8po

Went with what is probably my signature deck again. Dusk blocked a minimum 75% of my attacks. Pardon my language, but fuck Dusk.

Very absentminded apparently.

Game 8 ~ Loss
4so 4so 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f7 5f7 5f7 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dk 7dk 7dk 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 8po

Went with MonoFire again and ended up throwing away the match in frustration. Had I held on to my 3 Bolts I'd have won 3 turns later, but I gave up and tossed them all. This should have come down to a 4-4 epic finale.

Well done Sot. You're more patient than I am and you've proven that Fire is better at stalling than anything else, a fact that I will sooner die than accept. I had a good run and now that it's over, it's time for me to move on. Congratulations and may you have a good reign. Congratulations on becoming the Grandmaster Blondey.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg463198#msg463198
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »
GGs Napalm.

Game 1 (Win)
58o 58o 5f6 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 77a 77a 77a 77a 77m 77m 77m 77m 77m 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7f2 7f2 8pm

I'd really learned to love Vanadiums in my earlier trials matches, as they could get out fast and would pretty reliably stop rushes. Various versions of this deck were my mvps from phase 2 so I sent it out on point. Could've been a close game but Nap's offense was stunted and so despite her CCing most of my offense as it came out, I eventually gathered enough golems to finish it.

Game 2 (Loss)
5f2 5f2 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 7do 7do 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 8pt

Yeah... honestly I wouldn't say this deck is that great, even with Napalm's lack of PC. Still, Duck + Vamp can do a lot by itself, and the SoV could ignore her BWs, so it was a very close game. ?? = Upped Shards of Void.

Game 3 (Win/Forfeit)
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f5 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 7dn 7dn 7dn 7k2 7k2 7k2 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq
Hooray for firestall.  >:D
Naps quit early as she felt she couldn't overcome dials+SoD+miracle in time to survive my Fahren. I was surprised that she quit, but as I had 3 dials, 3 bolts, and a miracle in hand, she most likely was just saving us time.

Game 4 (Win/Disqualification)
4ve 4ve 4ve 4ve 4ve 4ve 4vg 4vg 4vg 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u5 6u5 6u5 7di 7di 7dn 7do 7do 7f2 7f2 8pj

discord vs Napalm queen of the immorush? *shrug* idk I though maybe I'd get lucky.
2nd turn discord!  :D
6th turn defeat!   ::)
EDIT: turns out Napalm used way too many upgrades in this match, so her deck while effective was also illegal. :/

Game 5 (Win)
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f5 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 7dn 7dn 7dn 7k2 7k2 7k2 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

I actually LIKE firestalls. For a while I didn't use them because the hipster side of me felt they were too popular, but potential OPness aside, they fit my preferred playstyle too well for me to just ignore them. So I embrace the dark side. The... very bright dark side? yeah there are probably better metaphors I could use. Anyway FS did it's thing nicely, though a BB'ed doll slowed things down somewhat.

Game 6 (Loss)
5f2 5f2 5f6 5f6 5f8 5f8 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 8pt

I was so close in my last game with this deck that I decided to give it a try again. Unfortunately, she drew more fahrens then I had deflags, and I never got either dusk or vamp going, either which might've given me a chance. Fahren incinerated the rest of my health in short order.

Game 7 (Win)
5f4 5f4 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 6ru 7dk 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 7tb 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 8pt

Since I still had a game or two of "cushion" between me and the final duel, I kept playing with this deck hoping to get it to work properly. I never drew enough SoVs to do what i wanted, but dusk + vamp have been known to win games by themselves before and they did it again this time, with some stellar blocking on the part of dusk to keep back the ever growing numbers of phoenix on the field.

Game 8 (Win)
5f2 5f2 5f2 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5l8 6rm 6rm 6rm 7dn 7do 7do 7f2 7f2 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7k2 7k2 7k2 8pq

Play mistake by Napalm allowed me to keep a crimson on the field, which was critical since I was too low on  :light to play both my miracles and angels. Several SoD/miracles later and an eventual fahren gave me the victory for today. *whew*

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg463200#msg463200
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »
Very tasty introduction, looking forward those matchs, gl to both of you, may the power of fire be with you :)
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg463201#msg463201
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:26:35 pm »
Tell no one that the match was played, then update.  Biggest surprise ever when the timer runs out.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg463299#msg463299
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:46:56 am »
                 ...and here it ends.
some foreshadowing for Nap?

Offline YoungSot

• YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg464385#msg464385
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:19:25 pm »
No bans from Napalm? :O
Squiggles! Explain yourself!

Ok we have agreed to go ahead and use the bans napalm would have submitted. Both sets of bans are posted above.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg465577#msg465577
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 08:46:47 pm »
So that's why ~Napalm didn't send in her bans, evidently she's been kidnapped again.....

The true ~Napalm would never spell Phoenix like this:  'Pheonix'

Offline YoungSot

• SootySot!
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg466472#msg466472
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »
It looks like the mistress of Fire and myself will be clashing tonight (Friday, March 2nd) starting at 7pm CST (GMT = 1am March 3rd).
Come and watch if you can!

MrBlonde

Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm vs YoungSot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg466648#msg466648
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:32 am »
Congratulations on becoming the Grandmaster Blondey.[/b]
Thanks Naps. Tis' bittersweet though as one of my favorite people on Elements to see in chat, hath lost her title.

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm 3 - YoungSot 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg466659#msg466659
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 07:04:38 am »
Is that a 27 upgrade deck used twice? o:

Congratulations on the win YoungSot :)

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials ~ {Fire Final Battle} ~Napalm 3 - YoungSot 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36877.msg466661#msg466661
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 07:07:24 am »
Congrats YoungSot!

Also 27 upgrades in 2 of napalms decks?
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

anything
blarg: YoungSot