*Author

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg376652#msg376652
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 03:34:06 am »
How about a summary as to why each person got the bonus points over the others?
Have you tested out the decks people used for the arena challenge?

After writing all that I did, I feel an explanation is warranted.
Well, kev probably has enough to do already without having to write of an explanation for each winner. But I agree it would be nice if he's willing to spend the time.

Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg376661#msg376661
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 04:07:34 am »
is there any reason why so many of the Masters have no points except for bonus points?? Are they just trying to make this more of a challenge or do they not care that much??

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg376663#msg376663
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 04:20:41 am »
How about a summary as to why each person got the bonus points over the others?
I won't go over each submission but I can elaborate a bit on this:
"Additionally the Trials Overseer will award 3 bonus points to the player from each element who has the best overall submissions."
All in all I looked for those who were doing everything in their power to prove they'd be the best representative of their element.  This included being helpful to the best of one's ability, being creative but thorough while solving problems, and painting his element in the best light possible.  It was relatively easy to tell the players who were completing tasks to complete tasks from the players who embraced the challenges and opportunities to help the community.  Although I generally view an attempt at correct spelling and grammar as an important component of offering forum advice, I did not consider it while reviewing submissions (mainly for fear of excluding players who don't speak English as a first language).

I know that acknowledging one player's efforts and not others results in several sad faces and only one happy one.  It's no comfort, but rest assured that I did read every word every one of you wrote.  And it really appears to me that a few points from a qualitative assessment improved the overall quality of submissions and therefore the community.  I'm always happy to hear feedback though, either publicly in the feedback thread or anonymously in the PvP Event Feedback Form that will be sent to participants after the Trials conclude.
is there any reason why so many of the Masters have no points except for bonus points?? Are they just trying to make this more of a challenge or do they not care that much??
Four Masters aren't returning, four got full credit, and four just didn't have the time as I understand it.

blarg: