*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373876#msg373876
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 03:49:03 am »
Any special reason I got 4 points for Task 2?
Fixed.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373881#msg373881
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 04:35:12 am »
I don't understand why so many people call it a "popularity contest" like it's somehow a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with letting the community give extra points to people who they think would make the best Master.

It's important to remember that Trials are not just another PvP event. Idea is to find a person who is the "face" of a certain element. We've had Masters who took the whole thing as nothing more than a PvP event without really caring about the element they picked. Then we've had Masters who might not be that active in PvP but really promote their Element and represent it every chance they got. My vote goes to the latter every single time.
I agree with SG. I even think popularity should count even MORE in trials since being a Master is all about promoting the element than PvP stuff. The best example for this would be Bloodshadow who, despite my past harsh criticisms towards him, served as an excellent first Master of Darkness even though he hardly ever participated in PvP.

In other notes... I'm kinda saddened to see (well at least up to now) only about half of the competitors in certain elements did work on Phase 1.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg373974#msg373974
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »
Its a handicap I suppose
Yep I'm gonna pwn Trials, short bus style!
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg374899#msg374899
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 10:41:54 pm »
The Trials are harsh. I understand now.

Due to a few little errors for my tasks, despite all the effort (which were many, task 1 was a horror) I've put in them, I've receieved zero credits. I realize I will not be able to compete with the other Air contenders anymore and do not with to embarass myself further. Therefore, I wish to withdraw from the Trial of Air.

Good luck to other Air Trial contenders. I'm rooting for you DD for giving me the inspiration of designing and trying new decks by myself! :)
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg374986#msg374986
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 03:31:33 am »
I realize I will not be able to compete with the other Air contenders anymore and do not with to embarass myself further. Therefore, I wish to withdraw from the Trial of Air.
The other Air Trialists didn't fare so well in the first Phase either, surely not out of the competition. Sad to see people withdraw.

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg374990#msg374990
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 04:21:44 am »
Depressing. If you're down, you keep fighting. To all the other competitors in the Air Trials, keep going. Impress the community.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg375031#msg375031
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:20 am »
The Trials are harsh. I understand now.

Due to a few little errors for my tasks, despite all the effort (which were many, task 1 was a horror) I've put in them, I've receieved zero credits. I realize I will not be able to compete with the other Air contenders anymore and do not with to embarass myself further. Therefore, I wish to withdraw from the Trial of Air.

Good luck to other Air Trial contenders. I'm rooting for you DD for giving me the inspiration of designing and trying new decks by myself! :)
why do you leave, you get a parasite and you've still got a good chance...
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg375209#msg375209
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »
Depressing. If you're down, you keep fighting. To all the other competitors in the Air Trials, keep going. Impress the community.
The problem is that this "down" is too much. I've done 80% of the tasks but not even receive any credits. For example, for task one, I've included all three screenshots, score and rings and everything, but forgot to post the deck itself. Bam, zero points. That thing took hours. I do not wish to embarass myself and continue to work in vain.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg375228#msg375228
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 07:54:35 pm »
Noobie, you were my favourite Air challenger and I had my third highest confidence rating on you. I can understand leaving after something like that. You can grow stronger by powering through some things, but I can't decide if this is one of those things for you. I know how completely and fully something can kill your motivation for an event like this, and a game should be fun, so I can't blame you.

I can, however, speak to your rationality. You can just do the rest for the fun and nothing else since there's no more meticulous paperwork after this. The final effect will be two things: you and everyone else will have a good time, and you will gain regard as a forum member and as a candidate for Master of Air.

If you have more reasons for dropping out, fine by me. I'm just trying to motivate you, because I think it's worth getting done. War was.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg376529#msg376529
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 08:42:41 pm »
So who got the bonus points in :time?
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg376548#msg376548
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »
So who got the bonus points in :time?
I apologize for the delay.  Results will be tabulated within two hours.  ^-^

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Standings https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28891.msg376634#msg376634
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 02:29:48 am »
How about a summary as to why each person got the bonus points over the others?
Have you tested out the decks people used for the arena challenge?

After writing all that I did, I feel an explanation is warranted.

anything
blarg: