*Author

kirchj33

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371658#msg371658
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 09:57:55 am »
Upon inspection of the Deck Help portion, I can only find three decks which would not need to be necro'd and qualify for :earth.  Can you comment on how to handle this problem?

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371668#msg371668
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 10:53:58 am »
Just comment on 6 of jmdts decks ;)
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

LongDono

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371689#msg371689
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »
I want to see stunning work from the Trials of :air Air. I will be keeping a close eye on things.

Good luck to all participants.
The funny part is that I just found out I will be out of town and most likely have no internet for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Yay? On top of that Air is a somewhat hard element to beat gold or plat with. I should be able to do it.

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371705#msg371705
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 01:18:38 pm »
For the first challenge do pillars/pendulums count towards the 50%? Or is it the number of 1 or > cost cards?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371707#msg371707
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21:50 pm »
Bah.  It looks like it could be another 3-5 days before I can even start the second part of this Phase.  Procrastination FTL...and there was a reason I didn't sign up for :time Trials -_-'
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371709#msg371709
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 01:22:51 pm »
For the first challenge do pillars/pendulums count towards the 50%? Or is it the number of 1 or > cost cards?
Pillars and Pendulums count towards the 50%.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371710#msg371710
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 01:23:07 pm »
Q: For the Deck Help portion, will reviewing two decks on the same thread count as two entries, or just one?
A: Two decks in a compilation thread like the one you listed is fine.

Q: I already posted a shard for the competition.  So I have to do one more?  As I am in the time trial. I can choose another element right?
A: Yes and yes.

Q: Can I critice a deck another player in same trial has rewiewed?
A: Yes.

Q: a screenshot filling the rings in no way proves they were filled with the deck posted :(
A: The only way I could think of to verify the posted decks are being used is to force you all to take videos of your play.  Seems like the honor system is a better way to go.  Incidentally this has been a potential problem every Trials.

Q: If I had provided deck help in excess of 150 words prior to Trials starting, I can't count that towards the deck helping part, can I?
A: No. Timestamp has to show that deck help came since I put up Phase 1 thread.

Q: For the first challenge do pillars/pendulums count towards the 50%? Or is it the number of 1 or > cost cards?
A: All cards count towards the 50%.

Q: Does the 2 month age limit have to be from the creation of the thread, or can it be from the thread creator's last post on the thread?
A: 2 months since last reply.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371743#msg371743
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »
Slight detail - regarding the Shard critique, do we provide criticism in the Competition thread or the submission thread?
EDIT : Heh... ^^; Thank you pika.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371744#msg371744
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 02:27:55 pm »
Slight detail - regarding the Shard critique, do we provide criticism in the Competition thread or the submission thread?
TASK II
Card Design - Shards

• Enter the Shard Revolution (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28847.0.html) competition with a Shard of your element.
    • Note in your submission that it is for Trials purposes.
    • The rules of Shard Revolution state a limit of one entry per player.  Competition Organizers will make an exception for those in the Trials only.
    • For participants in the :life, :light, :time, and :death Trials, create a Shard of another element according to the competition rules.
  • Provide constructive criticism for six entries to the Shard Revolution competition.
    • You may not choose your own Shard.
    • Try to choose Shards of your element if possible.  It's not necessary to revisit the Shards you selected if another Shard of your element is posted, for example.
    • Posts need to have at least 150 words, and must have reasonable and constructive content for the author's benefit.  Content could include comparisons to existing cards, decks in which the Shard might appear, proposed revisions for clarity or to avoid abuse, or anything else constructive.
    • Post your comments on the "Phase 1" topic of your element, NOT in the Shard Revolution submission thread.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371764#msg371764
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 02:48:49 pm »
Upon inspection of the Deck Help portion, I can only find three decks which would not need to be necro'd and qualify for :earth.  Can you comment on how to handle this problem?
I was definitely able to find six but I've extended the eligible threads to go back three months anyway.  I made note of the rule change in the Trials Announcements  (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29129.0.html) thread.

kirchj33

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371821#msg371821
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 05:03:18 pm »
I was definitely able to find six but I've extended the eligible threads to go back three months anyway.  I made note of the rule change in the Trials Announcements  (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29129.0.html) thread.
Thanks, I didn't realize at the time that this rule was expanded from posts made outside of the OP.  Meaning, I was under the impression that only decks posted within the past 2 months were eligible.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29093.msg371873#msg371873
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 07:21:49 pm »
Wow not being able to take screenshots is seriously gonna screw me up for Task 1

anything
blarg: