*Author

Offline VinerozTopic starter

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073275#msg1073275
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »
Uh...uh...aaahhhhh.....I just had a scorgasm.

Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules - Unupgraded
Organizer: Higurashi, pikachufan2164, n00b, Vineroz or ddevans96

When?
To find out your local time, check this link:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130525T22

Tournament has started

Where?
Please enter the Tournament Channel at least 15 minutes before the tournament starts. Use your forum username as nickname.

Rules
Please read the PvP Tournament rules carefully before signing up.

Prizes
1st7,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark + Trophy (Forum Icon)
2nd5,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark
3rd4,000 electrum
4th3,000 electrum
5th2,000 electrum
6th1,000 electrum

Players who lose their quarterfinal (Top 8) matches will compete for the 5th and 6th place prizes in a mini-tournament. Prize-eligible players (namely, ones in the top 8) who leave the tournament without notifying the Tournament Organizer of their intent are considered to have forfeited their match, and also their prize.

Diagram Legend
Black lines and text represent the brackets.
Red arrows represent 'dropping' into a different part of the bracket.
Blue arrows and text explain which battles are taking place in that part of the bracket.

NOTE: Players with fewer than 15 forum posts are not allowed to enter tournaments. Spamming low-quality posts to reach the minimum post count needed to participate will not be tolerated.

Special Rules
  • Upgraded cards and shards are not allowed.
  • 3 rules from the rule list will be revealed 15 minutes before tournament starts.
  • All decks must obey any 2 of the 3 rules.

Credits to treebeard xiii for the idea.

1st: mrpaper
2nd: andretimpa
3rd: Rutarete
4th: dragonsdemesne
5th: Kuroaitou
6th: -
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:35:02 pm by Vineroz »
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

• Chat Moderator
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073277#msg1073277
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:47 pm »
Rule list:
The precise: Exactly 17 pendulums
The prime: No cards that cost 2, 3, 5, or 7 quantum
The slow: 45+ cards, 0 Golden Hourglass

Spoiler for Hidden:
The thin: 30-card deck
The thick: 40-card deck
The fat: 50-card deck
The morbidly obese: 60-card deck
The thrifty: Eight or less pillars and pendulums combined
The Mono: Mono deck
The Duo: Duo deck
The Trio: Trio deck
The Quad: Quad deck
The precise: Exactly 17 pendulums
The colorless: 6+ 'other' cards (don't count Quantum Pillars)
The self-reliant: No creatures
The holiday: Fire, Life, and Other cards only
The resistant: No spells
The wishy-washy: No permanents (other than pillars and pendulums)
The pillarless: No pillars
The pendulumless: No pendulums
The nude: No pillars and no pendulums
The grounded: No airborne creatures
The baby got back: All creatures with 5+ hp
The armed-to-the-teeth: 7+ weapons in deck
The nub-beloved: No creatures except Dragons
The yin-yang: Opposing duos (ie Light/Dark, Fire/Water, etc)
The 1: No more than 1 copy of each card (other than pillars/pends)
The 2: No more than 2 copies of each card (other than pillars/pends)
The 3: No more than 3 copies of each card (other than pillars/pends)
The 6: Exactly 6 copies of each card (including pillars/pends)
The broke: Creatures used must cost 2 or less quanta
The common: No rare cards
The true rainbow: 1+ card from each of all 12 elements in deck
The odd: No cards that cost 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 quantum
The even: No cards that cost 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 quantum
The prime: No cards that cost 2, 3, 5, or 7 quantum
The colorful: 1+ each of the 13 pillars
The temporary: No Deflagration, Steal, Pulverizer, or Butterfly Effect
The slow: 45+ cards, 0 Golden Hourglass
The off-mark: No cards the same element as your mark
The vanilla: no creatures with abilities
The dead: 6 dragons (excluding leaf), 0 matching pillars/pends/mark

Credits to kev and YoungSot who created these rules which were once used in Scorgasm.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:35:21 pm by ddevans96 »
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073279#msg1073279
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »
I can not join this tourney. At this time I will celebrate the Champions League win of Borussia Dortmund.
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073287#msg1073287
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:30:28 pm »
Whoa. 6 pm tourney? This looks good for me!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073292#msg1073292
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »
Once selected, will rules remain the same for the entire tournament, or will they change, for example, each round?
War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

• Chat Moderator
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073293#msg1073293
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:40:06 pm »
Once selected, will rules remain the same for the entire tournament, or will they change, for example, each round?

They won't change.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073298#msg1073298
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »
7 P.M for a speedbuilding tournament?

Expect me.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073299#msg1073299
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:00:16 pm »
Wait? DId I say 6 pm? I meant 3 pm. Even better! So who actually experienced the scorgasm?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073317#msg1073317
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 10:49:12 pm »
midnight for me but i don't care i'm there it was my idea after all it would be a shame not to compete
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline godmatrix

• Reputation Power: 2
  • godmatrix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • thanks and virtual cookies to all who give rep.
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073422#msg1073422
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 06:21:10 am »
7 AM...hmm...speedbuilding too... I will try to get into this tourney because I've never done speedbuilding.

Offline neuroleptics

• Reputation Power: 13
  • neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I resent the limitations to my own imaginations
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073440#msg1073440
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 07:20:16 am »
oh, speed build? that will depend on the rules whether i join or not  :-\ . I've exams coming up
Decks | Arena
Gravity#War 6 | Time #Budokan3 #Guild | Life

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - May 25th - Speedbuilding: Potluck Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49417.msg1073447#msg1073447
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 08:32:05 am »
The problem is not the rules. The problem is to survive the ragequit lag of EtG servers... :P
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

anything
blarg: Higurashi,pikachufan2164,n00b,Vineroz,ddevans96,treebeard xiii,mrpaper,andretimpa,Rutarete,dragonsdemesne,Kuroaitou,kev,YoungSot