*Author

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468885#msg468885
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:11 am »
You guys just make a point. so my time is saturday midnight not sunday midnight. i almost miss this tourny. please confirm for me. My GMT+8 and the timetable shows (sunday 0000) . it refers to saturday midnight and the beginning of sunday right??
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468891#msg468891
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 12:21:50 am »
THis will be a perfect time for me - Saturday morning. A great deckbuilding system too.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline jippy99Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468893#msg468893
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 12:25:23 am »
You guys just make a point. so my time is saturday midnight not sunday midnight. i almost miss this tourny. please confirm for me. My GMT+8 and the timetable shows (sunday 0000) . it refers to saturday midnight and the beginning of sunday right??
This is midnight sunday at GMT +8.  I'll show you why.  So this tourney starts at 16:00 GMT time on Saturday.  Add eight hours to that because of your timezone and you get 24:00 GMT time, making it midnight on sunday.
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Offline glennfoo

• glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468899#msg468899
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 12:54:10 am »
i have a question too. how are you going to check whether the players are playing fair or not?? they may put 1>2>3>4>4>4 and we will never know. in this scenario he can put more pillars already. i like the concept but i need to know how we are going to verify that non legal deck will be used... or else it will be a lot of drama later. same goes to someone who plays 2>3>4>4> etc..
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468900#msg468900
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 12:56:50 am »
The most common problem with only one tournament is the timezone clash. As players generally gather from around the world, making a schedule that pleases everyone is pretty much impossible. We can work it around by making 2 tourneys (like the usual schedule) but there will still be a few clash (either 2 PM where there are class or 2 AM where one should be sleeping)
Either way, i will still try to participate.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Retribution

Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468910#msg468910
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 02:10:35 am »
Bah, really early in the morning.
I'd say I prefer the split tournaments for people on opposite sides of the world.
Tournament looks interesting, though.

Offline burpcow

• Reputation Power: 5
  • burpcow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • the duck has struck
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468924#msg468924
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 02:50:41 am »
Looks fun!  I can probably make it, looking forward to joining. :)

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468926#msg468926
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 02:51:36 am »
Since this has not been adressed yet,
i have a question too. how are you going to check whether the players are playing fair or not?? they may put 1>2>3>4>4>4 and we will never know. in this scenario he can put more pillars already. i like the concept but i need to know how we are going to verify that non legal deck will be used... or else it will be a lot of drama later. same goes to someone who plays 2>3>4>4> etc..
No you can't check other than count for their cards. Even then, you can't count the cards they don't use but included in the deck. Tourney rules are mostly based on good faith that everyone will play fair. That's also why we forbid <30-post users from entering. So the tourney won't get clogged by cheating n00bs and drama players.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468931#msg468931
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:43 am »
As with all other PvP Events, we use the honour system.

However, cheating of any kind will not be tolerated, and there will be harsh consequences for those who do cheat. In Elements Forums, PvP Events are serious business.

I'd say I prefer the split tournaments for people on opposite sides of the world.
The Western Tournament has been cancelled due to a lack of participants for two weeks in a row now, and the Eastern Tournament has recently been struggling to make it to 16 players. The TO team is changing the tournament times and prize structure as a trial run to see if we can keep tournaments well-attended in the future.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg468948#msg468948
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 03:55:18 am »
The Western Tournament has been cancelled due to a lack of participants for two weeks in a row now, and the Eastern Tournament has recently been struggling to make it to 16 players. The TO team is changing the tournament times and prize structure as a trial run to see if we can keep tournaments well-attended in the future.
I imagine we'll end up rotating the time each week too. That way everyone should be able to make it, if not one week, then the next.

Offline glennfoo

Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg469003#msg469003
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 06:23:14 am »
I imagine we'll end up rotating the time each week too. That way everyone should be able to make it, if not one week, then the next.

ya i agree with Youngsot. my lessons are from sunday to thursday. i am not sure i can keep up at sunday midnight everytime. at least alternate the time once every week will allow others to join too.

macwolf

Re: Tournament - March 10th - Pyramid Power - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37310.msg469005#msg469005
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 06:43:19 am »
why do we have to have at least 30 forum posts, i think thats a little difficult for someone that likes to play more than type messages to everyone that doesnt respond for like a week

blarg: