Poll

Do you like this tournament's rules?

Yes, I would like to see them used again.
5 (71.4%)
Yes, but some minor changes are needed for balancing.
1 (14.3%)
No, some major changes are needed for balancing.
1 (14.3%)
No, I don't like the theme/rules.
0 (0%)
Other (Please specify in thread AFTER the tournament has ended.)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 18, 2018, 05:29:09 am

*Author

Offline kaempfer13Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277227#msg1277227
« on: June 09, 2018, 05:28:23 am »
Well I can't see it

Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded
Tournament Organizers: kaempfer13, Vineroz, Ryli or Zyardran

When?
To find out your local time, check this link:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180616T18

Tournament has started.

Where?
Please enter the Tournament room at least 15 minutes before the tournament starts.
Click "Rooms" in the top left to find it.

Rules
Please read the PvP Tournament rules carefully before joining the tournament.
Remember to also read the Special Rules listed below!

Prizes
1st place5,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark + Trophy (Forum Icon)
2nd place5,000 electrum
3rd place4,000 electrum
4th place3,000 electrum

In case of 16 or more players, tournament prizes will be increased.

Points for the World Championship
1st place4 points
2nd place2 points
3rd place1 point

NOTE: You need just one presentable forum post to be allowed to join tournaments; you can post it here. If this will be your first tournament, a Tournament Organizer will test your knowledge about the rules. So please be present in tournament room 30 minutes before the tournament starts.

• Upgraded cards are allowed, but not required
  • Decks must contain at least 4 cloaks
  • In addition you have to run at least one of the following packages:
    • Freshlings: Use 6 fate egg in the deck
    • Basic mutants: Use 6 mutations in the deck
    • Advanced mutants: Use at least 4 fallen elves in the deck
    • Death Setback: run a total sum of 4 skeletons/graveyards AND 4 reverse times/eternities
  • Maximum deck limit is 40 cards.
  • Your deck must be able to pay the quantacost of all cards that started in your deck
  • Invisibility removers are banned
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
    Deck import code : [Select]
    4vp 52p 5f8 5ij 5oh 5om 712
  • Furthermore Shard of Focus, Dimensional Shield, Wings, Fog and Nightmare are banned.

Tournament Organizers Note

If you think there is an overpowered card that ought to be banned, or you have some concerns about the tournament metagame, mechanics or other stuff, do NOT post it publicly in the comments or anywhere else on the Forums. Instead, send a private message to Tournament Organizers, who will privately discuss about it. Thanks for your cooperation.

TOURNAMENTS Q&A

Q:What is the idea here?
A: There are very few things cloak actually hides from you opponent, as he can still see cards you play and remember what you had on the board. These cards may actually surprise them, as they turn into sth unpredictable.

Q:What counts as being able to pay the quantacost of all cards in the deck?
A: A number of instant producers to match the total cost of elements you dont produce quanta of (e.g. 6 supernova for 4 cloaks costing 12  :darkness in total) or any pillar/pend/mark of the right element (including Quantum Pillar). I'd have preferred to require a quantum index of 7 or less for each element, but I can't be sure everyone knows how to calculate it.

Q:Is permanent control allowed? It can remove cloak.
A: Unless explicitly banned permanent control cards are allowed and may be used vs cloak. I didn't want it to be a freeby side effect of generally decent cards though.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:23:53 pm by kaempfer13 »
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277229#msg1277229
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 06:46:00 am »
Retrovirus can cast plague to remove invisibility, is that also banned?
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277235#msg1277235
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 12:05:34 pm »
Added to list, normal virus is still allowed though (if anyone really wants to play it). For all other banned cards both upped and unupped are banned obv. While we are talking about this, the packages can be made up of any combination of upgraded and unupgraded versions of the respective cards, even though they are called differently (so for example 3 fallen druids and a fallen elf fulfill the advanced mutants package).

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277237#msg1277237
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 01:15:11 pm »
I am very glad for this tourney! I'm a big fan of these "chance" cards!
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277247#msg1277247
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 06:48:45 pm »
added nightmare to bans

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277265#msg1277265
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:11 pm »
" I'd have preferred to require a quantum index of 7 or less for each element..." Can we have some further clarification on that? I certainly don't want to meet decks which contain 1 QT/QP,
thinking they've fulfilled the needed amount of quanta producers for the 4 Cloaks... Yes, sooner or later that 1 QT can produce 12 darkness quanta, but seriously...

My suggestions:

- at least 5 QT for a 30-33 card deck;
- at least 6 QT for 34-40 card decks;

or the example in the original post (6 Supernovas). (If there are no other darkness quanta generators in the deck.)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Vindilos

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Vindilos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.31.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.24.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2018 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 03.06.18Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2018 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277266#msg1277266
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:42:34 pm »
" I'd have preferred to require a quantum index of 7 or less for each element..." Can we have some further clarification on that? I certainly don't want to meet decks which contain 1 QT/QP,
thinking they've fulfilled the needed amount of quanta producers for the 4 Cloaks... Yes, sooner or later that 1 QT can produce 12 darkness quanta, but seriously...

My suggestions:

- at least 5 QT for a 30-33 card deck;
- at least 6 QT for 34-40 card decks;

or the example in the original post (6 Supernovas). (If there are no other darkness quanta generators in the deck.)

I don't think the amount of pillars should depend in your deck size if the amount of cloaks isnt increasing. I'd say give an extra choice of quanta producers.

You must choose one of the following quanta packages:

- option 1: at least 2,5 dark pillars. Pendulums are 0,5 pillar. (or 2)
- option 2: darkness starting mark
- option 3: at least 10 quantum pillars. (or 6)
- option 4: 6 supernova
- option 5: at least 5 quantum pillars AND 6 unupgraded nova

First option is based on having 1 pillar per 5 quanta.

Edited. Its not about the numbers. I don't like the idea of having to calculate stuff.
Dont forget a lot of people only join if they can speedbuild it. Forcing the Qi calculation is no option.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:59:54 pm by Vindilos »
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny combines well with onions, carrots and garlic.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation of a good meal!

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277267#msg1277267
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 09:06:22 pm »
7pm i might actually has fun with this if i can remember it also rng is my friend
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277268#msg1277268
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 09:23:37 pm »
I don't think the amount of pillars should depend in your deck size if the amount of cloaks isnt increasing. I'd say give an extra choice of quanta producers.

You must choose one of the following quanta packages:

- option 1: at least 2,5 dark pillars. Pendulums are 0,5 pillar.
- option 2: darkness starting mark
- option 3: at least 10 quantum pillars.
- option 4: 6 supernova
- option 5: at least 5 quantum pillars AND 6 unupgraded nova

First option is based on having 1 pillar per 5 quanta.

This would force ppl to use supernovas or option 1. 10 QP/QTs are an overkill and because of the 40 card limit it will be harder to build an efficient deck.

Quoting from this thread:

QI=(total cost of all cards+total cost of all abilities)/(number of pillars)

Upped
Quantum Pillar- 0.30 for each element

For 5 QTs: 12/(0,3*5)=8.

For 6 QTs: 12/(0,3*6)=6,7.

For 7 QTs: 12/(0,3*7)=5,7.

Since the original post mentions that it would be good to be around at least QI~7, using 5 or 6 Quantum Towers seems logical. That's why I
suggested that smaller decks should have a "bonus", and let them use only 5 QTs, while larger decks will always have more pillars, so let's
make their minimum to 6.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:25:35 pm by Wyand »

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277286#msg1277286
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 12:29:08 am »
The following is about as much as I can simplify qi (not the actual formula for the real thing considering instant quanta producers, it does come close enough however):
Take the total quanta cost of all cards in your deck (by element), substract all quanta your cards can produce instantly (eg. 2 for each element other than entropy for supernova, 1 per upgraded pillar etc.). Then for each 7 remaining quanta cost of each element (rounded up) pack at least an amount of pillars/pends etc. that average a quantaproduction of 1 per turn if they were all in play at the same time.
In praxis this means 1 pillar, mark or 2 pends from the element (or any 2 pends if your deck mark matches the element, 1 if both are the same) or 4 quantum pillars per 7 quanta required (rounded up).

I chose 7 for maximum allowed qi, because even slow decks that take their time usually produce about that much quanta

Simple enough for someone Id expect to be favoured in a tourney environment, but not necessarily simple enough for me to want to require it as entry requirement for anyone that wants to participate.

*damselfly, gemfinder, brimstoneater, ray of light and devourer would count as pillar for the purpose of this calculation.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:31:47 am by kaempfer13 »

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277300#msg1277300
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 05:56:38 pm »
Clarification: The post directly above this one is not relevant for this tournament, just the closest I came to implementing qi into tournament rules. I decided against it, as there is still plenty of room for confusion in such a basic task, so itll remain at either one pillar (or equivalent) that produces quanta of elements you use, or enough instant quanta to cover total cost of element (both allowed, either one of the 2 has to be met for each element you use).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:59:35 pm by kaempfer13 »

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - June 16th - What you are in the dark - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66080.msg1277304#msg1277304
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 01:48:19 am »
Thank you kaempf, for filling in on my absence
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

blarg: kaempfer13,Vineroz,Ryli,Zyardran