*Author

Offline Dwerg

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Dwerg is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • A fool sees not the same tree a wise man sees
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379069#msg379069
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 02:19:14 pm »
I guess the rules needs a precise definition of what gonna be considered a duo.
Example:
The deck can only have cards of TWO elements, the mark can be of a third element(that'd be used only to power skills).
Pendulums are considered as valid cards of the element it pertains to.

From Torb's example I believe if you make a steam machine deck it'll still be a duo if you use water mark and fire pendulums:
steam machine :water card
fire pendulum :fire card
thus it's a duo
He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379112#msg379112
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 04:13:39 pm »
So If I get it right, say I make an aether darkness duo (weird eh? :P) and my mark is aether, all my pendulums must be darkness? I can't also have aether pends? that makes deck much less quanta effective (or deckbuilding much longer!)

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379117#msg379117
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 04:37:35 pm »
So If I get it right, say I make an aether darkness duo (weird eh? :P) and my mark is aether, all my pendulums must be darkness? I can't also have aether pends? that makes deck much less quanta effective (or deckbuilding much longer!)
I think it's on purpose. I imagine the idea is to encourage duos that are relatively "balanced", using both elements equally, rather than just splashing in a single key off element card.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379174#msg379174
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 07:36:56 pm »
No devourers? there goes the obvious deck choice...

Silty

Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379265#msg379265
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 11:53:56 pm »
Duo meaning, there has to be exactly two colors of cards?  So if all of the cards including the pendulums are the same color (but a different color than the mark), then it's not allowed, because that would be a mono?  For example, would a Fire-Mark deck with only Water Pendulums and Water Cards (such as the aforementioned Steam Machine) be allowed?

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379285#msg379285
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 12:45:13 am »
Flooding?
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379309#msg379309
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 02:26:22 am »
how about ability costs? eg. lycan.
Since that is not a card from a different element, yes you can use that.
+

If i use Steam machines and no card from fire?
=

Decks can run fire mark, water and some other pendulum, steam machines and cards in the other color.  like:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5om 5om 5om 5om 5om 5om 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 8po

right?  It seems against the idea of the tourney but well within the stated rules/clarifications...
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379310#msg379310
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 02:29:41 am »
5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5om 5om 5om 5om 5om 5om 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 8po

right?  It seems against the idea of the tourney but well within the stated rules/clarifications...
You can only use one and only one type of pendulum.
Nvm again >.>

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379312#msg379312
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 02:31:19 am »
you caught it.  so yeah unless they change something "trios" using the mark as an ability quanta source are somehow technically "duos"
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379385#msg379385
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 09:10:09 am »
Duo meaning, there has to be exactly two colors of cards?  So if all of the cards including the pendulums are the same color (but a different color than the mark), then it's not allowed, because that would be a mono?  For example, would a Fire-Mark deck with only Water Pendulums and Water Cards (such as the aforementioned Steam Machine) be allowed?
Mono. So not allowed (you'd let a lot of Fire quanta go to waste if you did, too).

You can only use one and only one type of pendulum.
Nvm again >.>
you caught it.  so yeah unless they change something "trios" using the mark as an ability quanta source are somehow technically "duos"
It is a duo, cards from two different elements hence duo. Even if that deck used and got quanta from every single element it's still a duo. Same definitions as in the deck section.

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379467#msg379467
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 03:50:44 pm »
IMO only one type of pendulum should be allowed (of different type to the mark). That would seem to be the original idea of it, again only IMO. That'd explain 'No Earthquake' being one of the first bans?

On a completely seperate note, what is wrong with Light Nymph and Bioluminescence? You cannot play them if Light is not already one of your two elements, and if you obtain a Light Nymph via Nymph Tears, you still won't get any Light out of it until you get Light to use it's ability?
i.e.
Need  :light to make :light; even if you pull out a Light Nymph in, say, your :water / :fire Steam deck, it'd only be a big pointless 1/9, at best handy for a Rage Potion.

Actually, if that ban was to disable Quanta generation outside of your Pendulums, that would seem to suggest even more that the original idea is for a 'balanced' duo, i.e. only one pendulum?
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Eastern Tournament - August 13th - Penduolum - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29773.msg379474#msg379474
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 04:29:17 pm »
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

anything
blarg: CCCombobreaker,patchx94,TheonlyrealBeef