*Author

Offline SnoWebTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310351#msg310351
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:28:07 am »
we lose 12 cards overall - here is my vote

Salvage:
18 cards at random

Discard:
12 Pillar
18 Pendulum

Convert:
7 cards at random --> pillars
11 cards at random --> pendulumsMakes our total loses:
-5 Pillar
-7 Pendulum

The other options I see for card loses would be:
2 Chaos Seed - this might not be a bad idea
1 Momentum - don't like it, but we have 9
2 Deflag - I'm scared of losing PC
For now, I did as you suggested.
We could save some more of our pendulum :
    with the sacrifice of 2 eternity from crimson deck (we would still have 10)we could also discard 4 discord from Spike and Devil's deck (we would still have he same number as we now salvage 4)This would leave us with 4 other cards to convert from our vault - I would take the Aether pendulum out
What do you guys think?

glitch if u can build a succesfull firestall id love to test it and see if it works but ive tried roughly and havent had any decent ideas without making it a trio which would be way risky other wise i say we grab some death cards poison arsenic grab cards we already have and from the ones we already have discard them along with some pillars/pendluems or we can do the whole converting discarding thing jen siad either way id be happy but id like a poison deck for time i was thinking a time death rush with poison arsenics gotp precogs and a procast ? idk if we get the death cards great if we just cut are losses as best we can also great either way works for me but a suggestion some cards we can take away are the 12 steals i only really seeing us needing at least 8 we can also lose some defrags and regain them back threw the salavage same with discords. the rest we slavage either random pillars/pends from them and then convert them back into time pends/pillars and discard those pillars/pends. (or take the death cards and then cut out some discords defrags steal and whatever we dont need like adrenaline? why do we need these agian those four cards that happen to randomly be in are vault?
Man! You should really learn how to use punctuation. Or at least, go back to the line when you finished a sentence. Reading you is a challenge. I had to spend 10 min to decipher your above-quoted-wall-of-text and at the end I am not sure what you wanted to say.
To answer to your Idea of a poison deck and to Gl1tch's suggestion of a fire stall one. I think making such a deck would require us to invest to many of our precious quanta source (specially if the resulting deck is only medium good). However, the topic is open to discussion. Please make your suggestions clearly (for example replace the 6 poison salvage in legit deck by 4 bolts and 2 arsenic). If not, it is difficult to discuss them.

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310364#msg310364
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 07:38:07 am »
ehhhh, sorry bout before snoweb its way late for me and im a bit tired. if i do the same thing any other time its usally cause im typing to fast in this case i cant seem to be hitting the right keys and have had to reread my own posts many times. :( anyways to make a long story short
glitches firestall idea- a big no from me unless he can come up with some idea/working deck.
death cards- It be nice to have them and make a poison rush but i see what you and jen have siad about keeping vault as close as we cna to what we started with maybe later rund we can start taking cards to make a knew deck. :D
jen-i pillar/pend conversion idea- I like it sounds logical but i do say we should also do what i suggested earlier and what snoweb said and salvage/dicard things like discord, and defrags, and whatever else we already have that we can easily replace without taking a hefty number loss.
The Devil what more is there to say.

Azumi

Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310437#msg310437
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 01:28:07 pm »
oh so much text massed into 1 paragraph  :o

Since you guys are the deck makers I hope you don't mind if I stay out of this...so once you guys get the cards down post here and I'll update the vault. I'll be on chat later as well once I get to class in a few hours

• SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310440#msg310440
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 01:33:30 pm »
oh so much text massed into 1 paragraph  :o

Since you guys are the deck makers I hope you don't mind if I stay out of this...so once you guys get the cards down post here and I'll update the vault. I'll be on chat later as well once I get to class in a few hours
Actually you can update the vault in accordance with the Time Deck utility (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Auo1gMP5ebg0dFZBQXl2OWt4M0QwWGt4VUF3LWZaNGc&hl=en&authkey=CJbr5q0K#gid=4). Just make sure you use the round 2 sheet.

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310445#msg310445
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 01:51:54 pm »
For now, I did as you suggested.
We could save some more of our pendulum :
    with the sacrifice of 2 eternity from crimson deck (we would still have 10)we could also discard 4 discord from Spike and Devil's deck (we would still have he same number as we now salvage 4)This would leave us with 4 other cards to convert from our vault - I would take the Aether pendulum out
1) The sacrifice of 2 eternity - I like the idea - it allows us to keep a couple extra pends and doesn't hurt the vault much
2) Discord for discord is fine - but gains us anything little - we  have the space to convert 6 more cards this round anyways - this just allows us to convert 10 more
3) Those Aether pillars are for DevilLoss' Fractal Scarab deck - losing them means the loss of another solid deck - we can do that but I'm not in a rush to do so.

As to the 12 Steals everyone is talking about - we kept 12 because Spike and I felt it likely that at some point we will field all 12. We have the cards to run our GotP-Nightmare deck twice and in the deck ideas we've allowed space for a devourer stall deck as well - each of these decks uses 4 Steals.
Lux Kyrie

Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310472#msg310472
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 02:54:30 pm »
1) The sacrifice of 2 eternity - I like the idea - it allows us to keep a couple extra pends and doesn't hurt the vault much
2) Discord for discord is fine - but gains us anything little - we  have the space to convert 6 more cards this round anyways - this just allows us to convert 10 more
6 discard left + 2 eternities + 4 discords would let us retrieve all our tower/pendulum. However, we would need to discard 12 cards from our current vault. The question is which one?

3) Those Aether pillars are for DevilLoss' Fractal Scarab deck - losing them means the loss of another solid deck - we can do that but I'm not in a rush to do so.
I realise that but we have the nova version which is more versatile and better in general IMO. We only have 6 scarab so we cannot play both decks at the same time. If we convert some of our aether cards. Which deck will be thrown away? If it is only the try fractal scarab I think it worth it. It is really important not to give up to many quanta source. It costed a lot of suicide to most of the team last war (except entropy maybe but believe me a one point it was close to be catastrophic). 9 cards just for this deck is really not worth it IMO. Specially considering that we have a nice-working equivalent.

As to the 12 Steals everyone is talking about - we kept 12 because Spike and I felt it likely that at some point we will field all 12. We have the cards to run our GotP-Nightmare deck twice and in the deck ideas we've allowed space for a devourer stall deck as well - each of these decks uses 4 Steals.
Here, I fully agree

Offline Jen-i

• Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310476#msg310476
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 03:07:42 pm »
I just double checked - we have 12 Scarabs in the vault - and truthfully if I'm to look at it from the perspective of what do I want to convert in the vault - the first card that comes to mind for me is golden hourglass. I think you're right that the Aether Fractal Scarab deck is low on our priority list to keep - while I like the deck it is costly in cards to keep in the vault - however I think we can afford that cost at the moment.

Discard:
2 Eternity
4 Discord
12 Pillars
12 Pends

Salvage:
4 Discord
12 Poison
2 Arsenic

Converting:
12 Poison to Pendulums
2 Arsenic to Pillars
6 Golden Hourglass to Pillars

Total Losses:
2 Eternity
6 Golden Hourglass
4 Pillars

Lux Kyrie

Azumi

Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310479#msg310479
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 03:11:04 pm »
I just double checked - we have 12 Scarabs in the vault - and truthfully if I'm to look at it from the perspective of what do I want to convert in the vault - the first card that comes to mind for me is golden hourglass. I think you're right that the Aether Fractal Scarab deck is low on our priority list to keep - while I like the deck it is costly in cards to keep in the vault - however I think we can afford that cost at the moment.

Discard:
2 Eternity
4 Discord
12 Pillars
12 Pends

Salvage:
4 Discord
12 Poison
2 Arsenic

Converting:
12 Poison to Pendulums
2 Arsenic to Pillars

Total Losses:
2 Eternity
6 Golden Hourglass
4 Pillars
so this is what we are going with? or should i wait a bit more

Offline Jen-i

• Death to the Ninja!
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310513#msg310513
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 04:46:01 pm »
Wait for Spike - we can talk and come to some form of agreement - but its Spike's decision, unless we are pressed for time - in which case we'll make it for him
Lux Kyrie

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310564#msg310564
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »
What about this:

Discard:
2 Eternity
4 Discord
12 Pillars
12 Pends

Salvage:
4 Discord
12 Poison
2 Arsenic

Converting:
12 Poison to Pendulums
2 Arsenic to Eternity

Total Losses:

6 Golden Hourglass
6 Pillars

Comments?

EDIT: Even if I'm the Master/General, I like to think to this team as a democracy.

;)
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310594#msg310594
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »
Couple questions first what are the hourglasses for again glitches chunky dunescorp deck?
 If that's the only deck that there fore then I agree we remove them and the 6 pillars. I like spikes idea because it cuts most are loses but still allows us to keep important cards.
The Devil what more is there to say.

Offline Jen-i

• Death to the Ninja!
Re: Round 1 - Salvaging, Discarding, Penalties and Converting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24255.msg310628#msg310628
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 08:54:52 pm »
@DL Yes that's the only deck the glasses were for

DL, Spike & I just met in team chat - check there to see the discussion - here is what we agreed upon.

Discard:
4 Discord
14 Pillars
12 Pendulums

Salvage:
4 Discord
12 Poison
2 Arsenic

Converting:
12 Poison to Pendulums
6 Golden Hourglasses to Pillars

Total Losses: