*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256573#msg256573
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:47 pm »

Is he wielding an Eternity attached to a chain? So.. epic.
I thought Eternity was a staff.

That doesn't mean he can't wield it on a chain :P
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Tea is good

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256612#msg256612
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:12 am »
I think the cost is fine. You need a higher attack, because once you play it, you need it to kill the other player. You can't expect them to discard 8 15 GotP before they beat you with the 8 cards they already played. They will have to be an atacker along with their other things.
Thing is, with that high of a cost, I'm afraid that GotD will become the Time splash in Darkness/Aether decks rather than Nightmare to Time decks as Fractal + Pest + Nightmare + GotD has amazing potential to completely lock down your opponent and actually force them to either throw away their essential cards or GotD. Like the other Time creatures, probably excluding Dragon, GotD has prefect synergy with another element, but the difference is that Pharaoh, Anubis, Vuvu, and even Fate Egg (though to a lesser extent) can be viable under a Time deck with a splash ( :time :gravity:time :aether:time :light:entropy:time  :rainbow ). This is a buff to Darkness than it is for Time for that reason.

wait, how can u splash a 7 cost card? especially one that doesn't like to be discarded.

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256614#msg256614
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2011, 12:05:17 am »
yay my mono time nymph rush just got better
ah yea ?
u got u're deck posted already ?
sounds cool to see this :p

any way the card is beautiful and it match with time spirit: creatures not so cheap.

i like it a lot

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256637#msg256637
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2011, 12:38:22 am »
I think the cost is fine. You need a higher attack, because once you play it, you need it to kill the other player. You can't expect them to discard 8 15 GotP before they beat you with the 8 cards they already played. They will have to be an atacker along with their other things.
Thing is, with that high of a cost, I'm afraid that GotD will become the Time splash in Darkness/Aether decks rather than Nightmare to Time decks as Fractal + Pest + Nightmare + GotD has amazing potential to completely lock down your opponent and actually force them to either throw away their essential cards or GotD. Like the other Time creatures, probably excluding Dragon, GotD has prefect synergy with another element, but the difference is that Pharaoh, Anubis, Vuvu, and even Fate Egg (though to a lesser extent) can be viable under a Time deck with a splash ( :time :gravity:time :aether:time :light:entropy:time  :rainbow ). This is a buff to Darkness than it is for Time for that reason.

wait, how can u splash a 7 cost card? especially one that doesn't like to be discarded.
I don't think you'd want to pack in 6 GotD in your deck then, maybe 2 or 3 only, 14 or 21 cost, 3 or 4 towers?

Cancerplus

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256660#msg256660
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2011, 01:09:25 am »
Like someone said before I am now hoping for a Ghost of the Present and Future.

As an added bonus reverse timing the Future would turn it into a Present and Present into Past!

Then all we'll need is a card that can forward time. xD

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256662#msg256662
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2011, 01:12:21 am »

Is he wielding an Eternity attached to a chain? So.. epic.
Think of that big blue/gold thing that looks kind of like this: <}•{> when you spin the oracle? That's what it is :)

EDIT: this thing:
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256680#msg256680
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 01:28:31 am »
lol, you got a quantum pillar :P
back to the topic, yeah, it certainly does look like that...
*off topic* anubis seems to have a golden trident

anyway, is this card in the trainer yet? I have a deck in mind I want to try out

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
  • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256702#msg256702
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:46 am »
lol, you got a quantum pillar :P
back to the topic, yeah, it certainly does look like that...
*off topic* anubis seems to have a golden trident

anyway, is this card in the trainer yet? I have a deck in mind I want to try out
Nope. It's not in there yet.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256704#msg256704
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 01:54:59 am »
Quite a few people have wanted a decrease in cost because they think the ability is a negative one.

A card is underpowered if it cannot be worth using when it is being used at its fullest potential. Would shriekers be underpowered because the AI always burrows them? Are forest spirits underpowered because newbs use them in mono life? No, and no because those cards were not used to their fullest potential. The Ghost of the Past is a strong card when used at its fullest potential, a deck with nightmare.

So yes, this card is probably not worth using unless you have nightmare. However, many other cards are not useful unless paired with another card. Think scorpions + buff, photon + immolation, voodoo doll + ragepot/GP, etc.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256708#msg256708
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 01:59:26 am »
Quite a few people have wanted a decrease in cost because they think the ability is a negative one.

A card is underpowered if it cannot be worth using when it is being used at its fullest potential. Would shriekers be underpowered because the AI always burrows them? Are forest spirits underpowered because newbs use them in mono life? No, and no because those cards were not used to their fullest potential. The Ghost of the Past is a strong card when used at its fullest potential, a deck with nightmare.

So yes, this card is probably not worth using unless you have nightmare. However, many other cards are not useful unless paired with another card. Think scorpions + buff, photon + immolation, voodoo doll + ragepot/GP, etc.
Dear, none of those cards nor combos are nowhere as expensive as 7 :rainbow

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256734#msg256734
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 02:39:01 am »

Dear, none of those cards nor combos are nowhere as expensive as 7 :rainbow
thrue !

but as i already said it match with time style: like pretty expensive creatures

TDenverFan

Re: Ghost of the Past https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20160.msg256735#msg256735
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 02:39:19 am »

But all those cards (Besides Scorp, but there are plenty of Buffs to use with them) have combos with several cards. This has a good combo with 1 other card. I think buffing it by +0|+3 would help, that way it survives better. You need to keep it on the field to Nightmare it, after all.

anything
blarg: