*Author

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281680#msg1281680
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 12:30:40 am »
section 1. signing up
starting off nitpicking but the free upgrade for water should be congeal not freeze
also am i understanding this right that you can use nypmhs if youDO NOT have the matching affinity. So if ou collect that affinity you lose access to that nymph, thats weird.

section 2. challenging other players
i would like some clarification on immunity from being challenged, do you only get 24hrs immunity from being challenged for 24hours after you post match result? could it be immunity from the "[player], I accept your challenge." post until 24 hours after the match?
which players get this immunity? both the challenger and the challenged?
'declining' a challange by ignoring it seems like a bad way of declining someone. need some clarification on above immunitys but instead of ignoring the challange can we post "[player], i decline your challange" to get immunity from;
     24hours after that post
     immunity for the full 36 hours the challange hangs + the 24hours for losing (3-7) - 0
     no immunity?
(i am quite confused about the details of this section)

section 3. inactivity
this format incentivizes playing matches enough that i hope strategic inactivity should not be a thing but i wonder if 4 days is too short. I need section 2. details clarified to really know, seems fine.

section 4. deckbuilding
back to nitpicking if i understand this correctly
Defeating a player also grants you their Elemental Affinity.
should be
Defeating a player also grants you their Elemental Affinity(s).

section 5. battle
if player have different numbers of upgrades is it the higher number or lower number that dictates how long the battle is? for example 14 and 18, is a bo3 or bo5?
i assume free upgrades do not count for this

section 6. after battle
nitpicking for clarity again, should
The winner also posts their upgrades.
be
The winner also posts their upgrades and affinities.

I hope you dont think im being too critical i just want to be clear. I'm about to go sign up, looking forward to this and thanks for hosting :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:33:04 am by immortal feud »
recovering firestall addict

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281683#msg1281683
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 12:58:30 am »
aether isn't still ridiculously strong?

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281684#msg1281684
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 01:04:53 am »
section 5. battle
if player have different numbers of upgrades is it the higher number or lower number that dictates how long the battle is? for example 14 and 18, is a bo3 or bo5?
i assume free upgrades do not count for this

It's the TOTAL upgrades between both of the opponents, so if the ups were 14 and 18 the total would be 32. This means that a Bo7 would occur. (From what I've read, this only happens during the final battle.)
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281685#msg1281685
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 01:12:38 am »
A question about deckbuilding.

"Each player starts the event with 2 upgrades." - Yes, that's clear. But there are the "free upgrades".

We can only upgrade those in the 1st round? Or does it apply to the entire event? Only cards in the
"free upgrades" group can be upgraded? (If we have the corresponding Elemental Affinity.)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281686#msg1281686
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 01:18:33 am »
A question about deckbuilding.

"Each player starts the event with 2 upgrades." - Yes, that's clear. But there are the "free upgrades".

We can only upgrade those in the 1st round? Or does it apply to the entire event? Only cards in the
"free upgrades" group can be upgraded? (If we have the corresponding Elemental Affinity.)

The entire event, and you can upgrade as many copies of the free upgrades as you like plus the 2 upgrades of any other card.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281688#msg1281688
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 01:30:57 am »
Ah, thanks, that was my original thinking, wanted to be sure. Sounds much better.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281900#msg1281900
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 01:57:08 am »
May I change my starter bonus later or I have to stick to Discord OR Nova for the entire event (never using the other)?

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281903#msg1281903
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 05:28:07 am »
May I change my starter bonus later or I have to stick to Discord OR Nova for the entire event (never using the other)?
The latter.

Offline immortal feud

• Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281904#msg1281904
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 05:33:27 am »
if you defeat someone and gain their element affinity do you also inherit thier starter bonus choice or do you get to choose again. Additionally if you get 2 :aether affinitys can you play one as fractal and the other as dims for example and include both cards in your decks

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281905#msg1281905
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 05:48:32 am »
I dont think you get any starter bonus unless you actually start with those elements.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline immortal feud

• Young Elemental
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281906#msg1281906
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 06:50:55 am »
oh yes that makes sense

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: There Can Be Only One - RULES https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66388.msg1281907#msg1281907
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 06:57:56 am »
I dont think you get any starter bonus unless you actually start with those elements.
Confirmed.

anything
blarg: