*Author

Offline LaxadarapTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076353#msg1076353
« on: June 01, 2013, 09:54:00 pm »
Post any suggestions or changes here for the 3rd Colosseum (if it happens).

Colosseum is a pvp event focused on building up a gladiator and imbuing him/her with certain skills.  These skills will be put to the test in different restrictive arenas.  For full rules, see : http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,49498.0.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:41:06 pm by Laxadarap »
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline Kress

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Kress is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076581#msg1076581
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:31:54 pm »
i think there should be a thread titled "what is the colusseum?" or something along those lines. i dont know what it is and im pretty sure there are others who dont know what it is either

• Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076582#msg1076582
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:42:28 pm »

Offline Kress

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Kress is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076583#msg1076583
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »
who bothers with reading the rules of a game they dont even know what is? and putting the "about" part of it in the rules doesnt help much. how am i supposed to know if i care enough about the thing in question to open the rules section

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076613#msg1076613
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 07:14:58 pm »
It's in the pvp event section, so it's a pvp event.

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076620#msg1076620
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:28:59 pm »
It is common sense though to write a very short summary of the event as an introduction, I agree.

Offline DANIEELA

• Reputation Power: 19
  • DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • 6000 PVP VICTORIES
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1076640#msg1076640
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 08:36:02 pm »
This is thread for the II-nd and III-rd Colloseum.
Its abouth to start II-nd one now
So this is the post for future suggestoin,not for present time. ::)
NOVI SAD,VOJVODINA,SERBIA
WAR:earth#7:time#8,#9,#10:death gen#11:fire#12
Tourneys 12X13,25I14,10I,20VI15,15VI,23VII16,10VI17,8XII18
Well,I'd like to help,but not as much as I'd like not to.

Offline DANIEELA

• Reputation Power: 19
  • DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • 6000 PVP VICTORIES
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1079930#msg1079930
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:02 pm »
What should the reward be for a "bye"?
what is ,,bye,,?
NOVI SAD,VOJVODINA,SERBIA
WAR:earth#7:time#8,#9,#10:death gen#11:fire#12
Tourneys 12X13,25I14,10I,20VI15,15VI,23VII16,10VI17,8XII18
Well,I'd like to help,but not as much as I'd like not to.

Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1079935#msg1079935
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 09:30:33 pm »
When for the first round you do not play an opponent due to constraints on the number of people.  It is essentially a "free win"

Offline Dragoon

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dragoon hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #5Winner of Rags to Riches - PvP Event
Re: Colosseum II - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49628.msg1088011#msg1088011
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 03:58:04 pm »
Some random thoughts here:

First, thanks to Laxa for hosting the event. You did a good job.

Second, I think the Strengths and Weaknesses need to be tweaked. I wonder if the Strengths that give extra upgrades should be adjusted down. Calindu was a powerhouse with his 12-23 extra upgrades. I realize that's across 4 Strengths, but still, that's a lot of upgrades. That probably trumps any other combination of Strengths.

Also, some of the weaknesses that no one picks should be tweaked (like Lazy). I think every Weakness should be something that someone might be willing to choose. There's no reason for someone to pick Lazy over another Weakness. If you made it something like "you get no Strengths until the final battle, but every win nets you 2 strengths", someone crazy might be willing to choose that kind of Weakness.

If you continue to have Lazy and Stupid as is, you should probably limit them as possibilities before the semi-finals (to avoid the loophole that several us took advantage of).

I think you should make it clear how the upgrade order works. Something like: First calculate Strength/Weakness upgrades (non-conditional), second add/subtract Arena upgrades, third add/subtract conditional upgrades (like First Blood, Revenge, etc.).

Spoiler for example:
Player 1: 0
Player 2: -2 (Skinny), -6 (Intimidation)
First calculation would be 8 ups for player 1, 0 for player 2. Then from there add or subtract arena upgrades.

Player 1: +6 (Arena)
Player 2: +6 (Arena)
So player 1 now has +14 and player 2 +6 (not +8 and +0). Then from there you add/subtract conditional upgrades.

Player 1: +5 (First Blood)
Plaery 2: +4 (Revenge)
So player 1 now has +19 and player 2 +10 (not +11 and +2).

To me, this makes it simple. You don't have to go back and refigure if you had positive or negative upgrades. You just make adjustments based off of the last known upgrade count you had.

I don't know about others, but I rarely used my Style cards. I think I used my Weakness card more than my Style cards. So they hardly define the style of play we use. It'd be good to hear what others say, but it may be worth considering adding more style cards or giving better style cards to encourage their use (if they indeed aren't being used much).

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

blarg: