*Author

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg367228#msg367228
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 12:05:27 am »
I wonder if anybody could make a good deck based on stone skin.
Stoneskin is a great card to get from the Oracle, actually. You can make a SS/Miracle or a SS/Poison stall. It's probably an above-average card to have 5+ of.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg367276#msg367276
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 02:13:57 am »
Stoneskin is a great card to get from the Oracle, actually. You can make a SS/Miracle or a SS/Poison stall. It's probably an above-average card to have 5+ of.
Thing is, the AI often fires off its stoneskin way, way early. :( I tried to put up a ragequit deck once, and upon testing I saw it using SS almost instantly when drawn.

I think Antlion is pretty darn crummy, though it's managing, just barely, to stay up in Gold.

Don't really know whether to try doing anything with the Light Nymphs. On one hand, they're a really cool card to spin and put up, in theory, on the other hand, any deck I try to build around them appears to work MUCH better with the significantly cheaper Luciferase card itself.

SilentFH

Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg367393#msg367393
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 01:17:40 pm »
Would find it weird that the AI were not using stoneskin properly, given the AI is normally capable of using it properly (The AI3 elder with it seems to use it alright).

I think those who have said that any card so far is useful are probably correct, though I would be pretty irritated if I got 5 shields, with the exception of phase shield, wings, or hope (RoL/Hope is okay, though a shield heavy hand would be bad for the AI), as so many copies are just repeated dead draws except if the opponent has a lot of temporary PC (e.g a few deflags, not something like pulveriser).

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg367896#msg367896
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 04:13:49 pm »
Fog Shield +entropy Mark by teambftw is ranked 1 in gold league. I think you should reconsider shields...
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Terrilocks

Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg368049#msg368049
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 10:23:52 pm »
Fog Shield +entropy Mark by teambftw is ranked 1 in gold league. I think you should reconsider shields...
I played that deck earlier - contributed to his 6th loss and knocked him off the top spot for a few hours. (Woo for over 1k electrum from 1 battle :P)

His deck is still good, - it's largely the HP loss that's hurting him now - down to 72HP

But anyway, yea, Fog shields worked suprisingly well for him (and me when I stole one ;)) I'd think dusk shields are also a good choice along with fire shields, spine carapace, time shield, Phase shield... etc.

In long term battles, having so many shields is indeed redundant, but early spammable shields really do hurt rushes a lot.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg368105#msg368105
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 01:08:51 am »
I've started to "skip" cards that would be vulnerable to common Platinum grinding decks.  I'm not gonna say exactly what those are, but there aren't a ton of different varieties out there at the moment.  Of course, these also seem to coincide with when a deck of mine seems to be going on a good run, so it's as much leaving that one up as it is consciously not building a new one.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg383818#msg383818
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 11:11:19 am »
In addition to adrenaline, life nymphs are also pretty useless.

That is actually tested, I got life nymph as oracle card, put up a adrenaline rush (with frogs and scorpions), but sadly the AI used its nymph only once.
I forgot to take a screeny but the field looked like this: 20+ quanta, 3 frogs, 2 scorps, 2 nymphs but only the first creatures (a frog) got adrenaline, afterwards it stopped using the nymphs.

[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg383819#msg383819
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 11:19:36 am »
I think I know what causes this. The AI has a "target selection" function that runs and returns the best target for adrenaline. It uses adrenaline. Then, when it comes to using adrenaline again, it runs the target selection function again with - obviously - the same result. Now a conditional kicks in, which probably says something like "if the target has already got adrenaline, don't waste it! It's not cumulable!", which nulls the action, and the adrenalines sit useless in the AI hand. To fix that, you would need to kill the conditional and add a conditional in target selection which cuts potential targets based on who already has Adrenaline on.

Of course, that's kind of a shot in the air, since I didn't actually see the code. But I get a feeling that the problem is something like that. .-. Dunno why I posted it here, though. Whatever, ignore me.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline zombie0

• Reputation Power: 5
  • zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg383823#msg383823
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 12:01:51 pm »
water nymph.  hands down the worst card for the AI to get its hands on
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Offline rickerd

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: When the Oracle gives you a card, which ones should you skip? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28686.msg384640#msg384640
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:45 pm »
I skip only cards that cost really much like anubis
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

blarg: