*Author

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123355#msg1123355
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 04:49:20 am »
Spoiler for Pretty deck image for platinum counter cards:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4vj 4vo 55v 56i 592 5f6 5f9 5ia 5lm 5rk 5ro 5um 5up 5v1 8pj
You could add this to your OP, if so I will just delete this post.
I added in nightmare to eliminate double draw, I think its a pretty good counter to swallow, mono air, mono darkness, ghostmare (maybe), mono aether, earthquake denial (maybe), discohole.  I also added in sofo (for shards) and BE because of the PC idea. Immo/qp/nova was because of "rainbow decks". Also decks that have every quantum (but dont use 5 elements quantum) could still be counters.
Well, that list is pretty generic. I still prefer listing them with names and who they should counter, but thanks for the effort.
No problem, but I meant have in there after the list, that way people can just copy paste the deck image code and then put more/less of them and quanta production and damage production, which would probably be lava golem+quint.
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123365#msg1123365
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:48 am »
I'll make a couple tests using my deck that got to rank 1 in silver. If that doesn't work, I'll try a dunebow with sancs and purifies
could a dunebow based around 3 sow 2 reflect shields work?

Original post already said "probably no shards".

Following.

Offline CrockettRocket

• CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123377#msg1123377
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 11:49:05 am »
I'll make a couple tests using my deck that got to rank 1 in silver. If that doesn't work, I'll try a dunebow with sancs and purifies

Following.

"Probably"
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline LeodipTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123386#msg1123386
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 01:28:09 pm »
Assuming you're talking about countering SoWAether:
1.Shards are generally avoided;
2.At least the last three SoWAether I played against won in 5 turns. 2 Reflect Shields wouldn't be enough, probably;
3.I see no reason for a Dunebow with Reflect shields. As I said, Aether with SoW is pretty damn fast, meaning you won't even get enough time to win out of Dune's Poison and you'll just win, if you do, with Reflect Shields.

EDIT: oh, totally haven't seen page two.
Yeah, I said probably no shards, but that's because these decks are mainly for beginners who COULD have other rares (or farm for them, eventually) and shards are out of their league.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123407#msg1123407
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 03:47:06 pm »

Following.

"Probably"

In case you don't comprehend, that's usually meant to "if we cannot come to a good deck that can do this rareless and shardless then only then do we tackle shards as a form to viably farm Platinum since the goal is to give the un-upped people a means of farming and thus they probably don't have many shards or rares to begin with."

• Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123408#msg1123408
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:07 pm »
I had the wrong deck loaded and went into plat. Played only one game, but Psiontal looks promising.
Dim Shields vs. Rushes, Psions Vs. Shields, Fractal Vs. Healing-stall.

Offline CrockettRocket

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123457#msg1123457
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »
I have long term goals. I will let the other 10 or so ppl deal with trying to come up with a shardless/rareless deck, and then if that fails, which hopefully it doesnt, theres the back up plan. Of corse, if theres a deck with shards that does better, then they can change to it after they get the shards after using the shardless/rareless deck to get those shards. Just because firecell is completely unupped doesnt mean we should banish LS out of existance. Heck, even firecell and LS's win gods are or are almost, the same.

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123589#msg1123589
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »
So you know, I posted this deck a long time ago, based on the BmBalls idea as an unupped FG farmer that had only 4 rares.

52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52q 52s 52s 52s 52s 5ia 5ih 5j2 5j2 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61p 61p 61p 61p 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 8pp

My comments at the time were:
So I keep seeing requests for unupped FG decks.
This one has only the two SoPa's for required rares, there are two weapons here too, but they can be switched out.  So with but a bit of PVP or bronze farming it won't take long for a player to FG farm with this deck.

It works well on any FG without PC control.  It also provides a few options to counter momentum, poison, decay, etc..  so this deck works better than the Malignant Balls that Could for some FGs but not for others on that front.  Still it seems to have a very high win rate for an unnupped deck.  It might be useful for the newer player who isn't ready to for gold farming, but has picked up some rares from bronze.

The only feedback I had was:
The only thing I don't like about this is the 2 different weapons but I know that both are useful so I'm ok with it. Nice job, as usual.

If anyone wants to actually test it out for deeper stats, that'll be cool

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123593#msg1123593
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:13 pm »
So you know, I posted this deck a long time ago, based on the BmBalls idea as an unupped FG farmer that had only 4 rares.

52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52q 52s 52s 52s 52s 5ia 5ih 5j2 5j2 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61p 61p 61p 61p 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 8pp

My comments at the time were:
So I keep seeing requests for unupped FG decks.
This one has only the two SoPa's for required rares, there are two weapons here too, but they can be switched out.  So with but a bit of PVP or bronze farming it won't take long for a player to FG farm with this deck.

It works well on any FG without PC control.  It also provides a few options to counter momentum, poison, decay, etc..  so this deck works better than the Malignant Balls that Could for some FGs but not for others on that front.  Still it seems to have a very high win rate for an unnupped deck.  It might be useful for the newer player who isn't ready to for gold farming, but has picked up some rares from bronze.

The only feedback I had was:
The only thing I don't like about this is the 2 different weapons but I know that both are useful so I'm ok with it. Nice job, as usual.

If anyone wants to actually test it out for deeper stats, that'll be cool
An unupped FG Farmer exists, already, and it has well extablished its name. It's the Firecell OTK by Chapuz, and it is even rareless. What we're trying to do here, though, is attempting a Platinum farmer based on skipping in order to try a winning streak.

Offline CrockettRocket

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123636#msg1123636
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 10:02:41 pm »
I think he was suggesting it for plat. But I dont think it would be good vs plat. Also, why couldnt you replace the lobotmizer with a mind flayer?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:05:28 pm by BrandenC6 »

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123709#msg1123709
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:36 am »
Yes as a suggestion for a unupped plat farmer.
Yes the weapons can be changed out.
Yes we have firecell, however this has a higher winrate against FGs then firecell.

Finally, the trick with Plat is a deck that works well against a certain percentage of the types of decks you play against in Platinum, because of the how the balance between certain elements lines up, your goal is to match up against certain elements or to take advantage of something the AI does really dumb.  This is one of those decks that takes advantage of both.  Someone might want to give it an honest try in plat is all I'm saying.

The big hurt in plat is often anti-perm and anti-creature, and pestals, so an unupped pdials is another strong possibility or a light-air or mono-light simply to try to fight off pestal.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:43:44 am by Keeps »

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123991#msg1123991
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 02:02:32 pm »
If AMMP works, this project might get a boost by knowing who your opponents are.

blarg: