*Author

Offline LeodipTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123158#msg1123158
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:08:43 am »
Gathering Reasons:
Winning Streak which only needs two wins;
Cost 20 Electrums to be played, win about 200 when you win, repaying 10 lost games (and is about 480 when you win with an EM);
Skips won't make you lose time, and playing only against decks you have a pretty good chance to win against should let you get a Special Spin which values, money-wise, around 1300 Electrums.

Gathering Deck's Needs:
[It mustn't have upgraded cards (I'm still deciding on rares, probably not shards);]
Has to have at least an 80% Win Rate against the deck(s) it wins against;
The deck(s) it wins against must be some of the usually posted in Platinum;
Preferably, has to EM;
Prefarbly, a 500 HP deck;
Doesn't need to be a fast deck, it can even win via deckout;
Preferably, has to be small in order to draw into key cards faster (if it is a stall, it still is preferred a 30-cards deck but with Eternities to loop a creature);
The more the deck it counters, the better.

Gathering Decks usually posted in Arena (not caring about metagames):
Pestal;
Poison Rush;
SoSacPoison;
SoFree-MonoAir;
Swallow;
Dischole;
Ghostmare;
Earthquake Denial;
MonoAether (with and without SoW);
SN-based Decks;
? (pretty sure I forgot some important ones).

Gathering Counter Cards to said Decks (respectively):
Rainbow Decks;
Purifies;
Purifies;
Denial for quanta and destroying SoFrees (SoSac with shards);
Return Times and Eternity;
Sanctuary (maybe with Enchant Artifact);
Time Deck (in order to summon the Ghosts of the Past nightmare'd);
Enchant Artifact;
Steals for Dim Shields or Momentum Rush or Poison Rush for SoW-less MonoAether, Reflective Shield or Emerald Shield (the latter may be played with a lot of Heal so that it can survive to creatures who didn't get SoW) for SoWMonoAether;
Black Hole;
?.

Deck Ideas:
Enchanted Dissipation Shield: with Enchant Artifact we defend ourselves from Earthquakes and SoFo's destruction. A lot of Amethyst pillars should be able to give enough fuel to Dissipation Shields. May splash in 3 Time Pillars, 2 Eternities and 1 Gnome Rider to get a smaller deck in order to draw more consistently Dissipation Shields and Enchant Artifacts.
Another build may be with Time and Amethyst pillars, some draw cards from Time Quanta and Enchant Artifacts splashed from the mark.
Pros: if it gets going, almost nothing can stop you. It being a Duo with a lot of quanta generation means it doesn't fear Black Holes, and if we get a Dissipation Shield to work, it protects us from Discord's Scramble.
Cons: (don't know whether the AI knows that keeping SoP a little more may kill my Dissipation Shield in a blow without me having the time to regenerate the quanta needed for them). Needs a lot of Amethyst pillars, but not too many in order to not increase the deck size by too much. Dissipation Shields can be killed in a blow. Fears Momentum. Poison gets through. Spell Damage gets through. Something else I may have forgotten.
Decks to be played against: Dischole, Earthquake Denial, Pestal (not sure, but most likely won't have enough damage to kill the shield if it can drain a lt of quanta and viceversa).
Decks to Skip: Poison Decks, decks with an high damage factor (which should, I think, easily surpass 70 damage per turn).
Decks to Try: Aether, unless you play against them you won't know if it is a SoW-less MonoAether. If it doesn't have neither Psions nor SoW, it will be a win.

I'm pretty sure I forgot a couple of points in the deck needs and a lot of decks in the most common decks of the Arena. May have fogotten a couple of nice counters, too. In deckk Ideas I only wrote the first deck that jumped to my mind, haven't worked on that, yet.

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123228#msg1123228
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 05:32:44 pm »
You forgot SN-Bows, or Rush in General.
Another advantage if Diss shield needing lots of quanta is that you can increase protection with Antimatter and prevent Momentim,  sow, a bit sofr and poison if played along with creatures.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

• Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123258#msg1123258
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:09:26 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, I added SN to the list.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123260#msg1123260
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »
Dissipation won't work vs Discholes that pack chargers. Mono Dark will SoV/Drain Life you. Pestal isn't too popular in Plat since mono dark plays pests so fast with double draw already
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:58:54 pm by serprex »

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123267#msg1123267
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:37:19 pm »
Dissipation won't work vs Dischole's that pack chargers. Mono Dark will SoV/Drain Life you. Pestal isn't too popular in Plat since mono dark plays pests so fast with double draw already
1.Didn't think about chargers, I rarely even meet Dischole in Plat (added because I kept reading people met lots of Dischole recently in Plat) and that once I did recently I was with swallow and completely locked it down (you get what you deserve), didn't manage to see Charger;
2.Didn't list Monodark, should do so, I completely forgot it;
3.I got tons of Pestal in today's games in Platinum, but I see your point, thanks.

I wanted to say that the deck was just a thing I wrote on the spur of the moment, so it shouldn't be accurated. If someone likes the project and wants to partecipate with ideas in this, I'd be more than happy to modify or even remove it, if necessary. As of now it mostly is a placeholder.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123273#msg1123273
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »
Deck type you didn't include: Immortal. Or mono light stalls. First test: http://imgur.com/4ProvWF (yes, I probably misplayed and missed out on an EM. Also I didn't pack anything to RT with Eternity. Oh well)

To note: I feel that 30 cards isn't ideal if you're packing an Eternity stall payload. You want to minimize the impact of the payload
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:27:11 pm by serprex »

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123278#msg1123278
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:49:14 pm »
As for the 30 cards, well, based on the deck, you may still want a smaller or a larger one.
If, for example, we were to include a MomentumedDuneScorpion deck in the list (which most likely won't make it because of dexterity and too many HPs), Eternity would fit well already, so we should aim to consistence, when possible.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123285#msg1123285
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 10:16:09 pm »
Calindu made a dune scorpion deck thats kills FG's. How about that one? Dexterity is a double edged sword there. Your drawing 2 cards, so you can lay 2 cards which gives out fast poison damage. AI will still play towers and stuff so its alright.
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline CrockettRocket

• CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123286#msg1123286
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 10:23:31 pm »
Spoiler for Pretty deck image for platinum counter cards:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4vj 4vo 55v 56i 592 5f6 5f9 5ia 5lm 5rk 5ro 5um 5up 5v1 8pj
You could add this to your OP, if so I will just delete this post.
I added in nightmare to eliminate double draw, I think its a pretty good counter to swallow, mono air, mono darkness, ghostmare (maybe), mono aether, earthquake denial (maybe), discohole.  I also added in sofo (for shards) and BE because of the PC idea. Immo/qp/nova was because of "rainbow decks". Also decks that have every quantum (but dont use 5 elements quantum) could still be counters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:25:55 pm by BrandenC6 »
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123291#msg1123291
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 10:46:27 pm »
Spoiler for Pretty deck image for platinum counter cards:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4vj 4vo 55v 56i 592 5f6 5f9 5ia 5lm 5rk 5ro 5um 5up 5v1 8pj
You could add this to your OP, if so I will just delete this post.
I added in nightmare to eliminate double draw, I think its a pretty good counter to swallow, mono air, mono darkness, ghostmare (maybe), mono aether, earthquake denial (maybe), discohole.  I also added in sofo (for shards) and BE because of the PC idea. Immo/qp/nova was because of "rainbow decks". Also decks that have every quantum (but dont use 5 elements quantum) could still be counters.
Well, that list is pretty generic. I still prefer listing them with names and who they should counter, but thanks for the effort.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123299#msg1123299
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 10:59:55 pm »
I'll make a couple tests using my deck that got to rank 1 in silver. If that doesn't work, I'll try a dunebow with sancs and purifies

Offline CrockettRocket

Re: Unupped Platinum Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53535.msg1123354#msg1123354
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 04:47:50 am »
I'll make a couple tests using my deck that got to rank 1 in silver. If that doesn't work, I'll try a dunebow with sancs and purifies
could a dunebow based around 3 sow 2 reflect shields work?

anything
blarg: