*Author

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg468704#msg468704
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:31 am »
Wow... I've never seen a PAed weapon freeze; I didn't think it was possible.
If your opponent freeze a voodoo or play an ice bolt he can freeze a PA'd weapon
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg468708#msg468708
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2012, 08:11:36 am »
@ TORB : I would be quite interested by your deck. Do you care to share?
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u8 6ua 6ua 71b 71b 74b 74b 77e 77i 77k 77k 77k 77k 77k 77k 7ak 7ap 7gq 7h1 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7q4 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 80h 80h 80h 8ps
Rather low on QTs, but deck can't get fatter. Expect regular discards, depending on what your opponents' deck is (quint for CC-less decks etc.).Jade Shield has helped tons against Bolt Stalls and decks with a lot of immaterial creatures, or when you simply can't draw Bone Wall yet. Added it after getting bolted to death by an empty field regularly.
Inundation kills an extreme amount of creatures and then some, useful because it's hard/impossible to get a quinted Otyugh fast enough to deny a platinum deck that spams creatures before there are over 5. Used to have 2 in it, but always ended up discarding the first.Deck is easily customizable though, but don't remove more QTs ;)
I've been testing it unmodified, and although not all of the cards are upped, most of them are so I think I can comment. (Not upped: 2 Cats, 6 Granite Skins, 1 Inundation, 1 Sanctuary, 1 Rewind)

I don't think it sets up fast enough. Against most decks it gets wtfpwned by creatures/poison before it can accumulate 5 :death, if it even draws Bone Wall in time. Almost all decks pack CC, so you can't really afford to play Otyugh without Quintessence, and Otyugh is needed to slow down the damage output (though Sanctuaries and Jade Shield help with that, I rarely draw enough Sanctuaries to make a difference and have the quanta to play them. Sundial is excellent and usually necessary but takes away :light).

I've often found myself wanting more Protect Artifacts. There are enough PC decks in the Arena that it's worth having more even with the disadvantage against PC-less decks.Not sure what to take out, though. Also, more Quintessence/Otyugh would be nice, given the importance of quinted Otyugh.

I won two games out of 20, one by decking out (not fun against a 120-card deck) and one by brute-forcing through Miracles with a massive Otyugh. Maybe I'm playing the deck wrong? Games usually go:

-Towers, Jade Shield ASAP
-Purify ASAP, or wait if the opponent might have poison
-Wait to bait PC on towers (does not work against Steal/repeatable PC), then Sanctuaries/Hourglasses
-When about to die, Bone Wall and/or Sundials (earlier if against Bolts), Inundation if all PC depleted or I have higher-priority PC bait
-Gnome Gemfinder/Mitosis/Quint ASAP, generated Gnome/Butterfly Effect/Quint ASAP, Otyugh/Quint ASAP, PA'd Eternity when I have enough quanta even after supporting Hourglasses

The problem being, PC might not be depleted before I'm close to death. Also, a lot of the critical combos in the deck are exactly that- combos- which don't work well with fat decks, despite the stall this deck can muster.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg472615#msg472615
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:07 pm »
Opponent: Voodoo Twin Universe with Shard of Sacrifice
Me: Rainbow Control with Mindgate

Result: A lot of very large steam machines, a near-lockdown with amber nymphs, and a very large voodoo doll about to be eaten by an even larger otyugh.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg473744#msg473744
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2012, 04:58:12 pm »
I almost quit early when I saw what I thought was a counter to SPlat, fractal phoenixes with lobo and sancs for healing.  Turns out it was a good thing I played it out...

And after all that, all I get is an upped squid for my rare spin.  Too bad I already had six of those...

Offline Wizy

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Wizy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg475031#msg475031
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2012, 06:11:21 am »
Having fun with Inundation, breeders and dead effects.

If only a SoSe coul have given me an Unstoppable or a Chimera ^-^
(Temporarily?) retired from the game.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg477880#msg477880
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:57 am »
Sometimes Arena becomes horribly mundane as you face hard counters or hard counter other player's decks in Arena...but then other times a match comes along that gives you such a phenomenal rush after claiming your victory.

Little bit of additional info:
-At least 2 Purifies had been played this game.
-My 5th Deadly Poison had been the 2nd to last card in my deck.  After I saw the remaining amount of HP my opponent had, I laughed to myself and thought just how completely unbelievable it would be if I drew another Deadly Poison on my last turn.  It was too late at night for me to keep track of what I'd drawn unfortunately.
-My 6th Deadly Poison was the last card in my deck.  I couldn't believe that I had managed an exact HP win on top of drawing the exact card I needed on my last turn.

872 electrum and an upgraded Miracle to boot.  Quite rewarding all in all indeed.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg478339#msg478339
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2012, 03:20:51 pm »
Beta so good, mono Water has actually become a viable farmer for as long as people try to spam SoSac in Platinum :P
First match I tried it I had never even tested the deck and instantly faced the #1 mono Darkness deck in plat, so I thought I'd get slaughtered, was built to counter SoSac decks primarily :P

Luck would have it opponent had a bad start, mine was pretty good (apparently xD). For once those usually annoying Steals and pests actually slowed my opponent down rather than me, allowing me to get in damage earlier.
Spoiler for image:
Despite the Vampire and Eclipse I was fast enough with my damage to outrush this mono Darkness \o/
Spoiler for deck:
For the short duration that SoSac decks are still everywhere you can try the deck out yourself :p
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7go 7go 7gq 7gq 7gq 7gq 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 8pp

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg480263#msg480263
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2012, 01:15:49 pm »

#4 ranked platinum deck, water mark puffer fish.  I'm thinking SoSa, physalia, death stuff.  Nope, monowater, with SoD since it had 72hp base.  With a buttload of purify.  Against SPlat.  I'm getting that sinking feeling inside... I win anyway and walk away with 1260 electrum.  I didn't count but I think it played about 6-7 purify that game.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg482060#msg482060
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2012, 01:14:23 pm »
I've been experimenting with a new arena deck.  It was originally intended as a non-boring way to farm bronze.  However, it turns out it actually does pretty well against platinum, too :P  I am constantly amazed at some of the wins this deck manages to pull out of its ass.  This one was particularly close, and on the last turn my heart almost stopped as I watched if the AI had one last miracle (it had played several already)  Fortunately, it did not... :)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg485210#msg485210
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:37 am »

This guy's deck was nothing but a shard farm, with nightmares.  (I have 6 precogs in the deck)  He nightmared my shard of focus (!!) and then my deja vu from SoSe.  The only thing funnier than that was that Cless' farm deck actually had a win, even though it has no win condition other than SoV/nightmare.

(edit: retook screenshot after playing precog and shard of bravery)

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg487383#msg487383
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2012, 08:32:19 pm »
I once encountered a deck with 1 HP.

I had a SN QT rainbow deck.

He had first turn, played some towers.

I played 3 QT, no SN.
He used earthquake and Black Hole --> I'm left with no quanta.
Didn't draw any QT for some time and when I did he destroyed it immediately (steal, explosion etc.)
He also played Discord.

Anyway... I had no chance to ever play a SN. For the whole game my quanta has been drained and he never played a Devourer.
So he slowly started spamming his creatures and finished me off without me giving any damage.

Most humiliating loss I ever had but it was sensational to see ^^
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Erlemar

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Erlemar is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg490653#msg490653
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2012, 02:02:25 pm »
I met top-2 deck in platinum with only 1 loss (Calin221).
It was fire deck, I supposed it was another rush, but enemy played a lot of ash eaters and only 1 seraph and 1 phoenix :)
What else was there I don't know as I had enough SoS in my Splat to chain them... great EM with 148 hp :)

Level 73, 11 nymphs.

blarg: mwaetht,TheonlyrealBeef