*Author

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg442271#msg442271
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2011, 01:18:45 am »
It took me 29 turns to kill this farm, and I didn't even win anything!  It had SoSas, SoVs, SoSes, and at least one SoP that I mindgated.  At one point, the AI had a thirteen turn SoSa chain on its hp.  Not only that, but I only won 242 electrum from a platinum EM.  The weird thing is that this deck actually had some wins, if I recall.  Maybe people thought it was a ghostmare and quit?

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg442436#msg442436
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »
I missed the screenshot due to creatures attacking in an order I didn't expect, and killed him one turn earlier than anticipated, but I just beat the #5 ranked platinum deck (player=Parasite, monodeath spider/arsenic SoSas) when he had a chain of seven turns of Sosa up, by using my purple nymph to antimatter my huge steam machine.  I forgot that the machine attacked before everything else, and so it instakilled him; if it hadn't been first, I'd have needed 1 more turn as the nymph would have healed him first by just enough to keep him alive a turn. (not that it would've mattered, I had the game locked down, I just expected to have to wait out the SoSa first)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg443360#msg443360
« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2011, 07:35:37 pm »
Ho, hum.  Just another day taking names and kicking ass...

Early sanc made all the difference, as his card was black hole.  Apparently he didn't think PC was that important.  He got one explosion off, and I think one steal, and had one on the topdeck (the ones in hand I mindgated on the last turn)  Gravity shield kept most of his critters away, and since his tiny bit of PC went all to hourglasses, it survived even without PA.  Pulvy took out all his towers and hourglasses.  I lightning bolted anything that got past gravity shield.

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg443885#msg443885
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2011, 08:46:53 am »
This match gives a fun story, so lets lay out the groundwork.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 71a 8pq

My opposing AI is playing a deja-vu mass buff rush deck. I get a bad hand at first insofar as I don't have Arsenic in my opening hand, so I only have 3 deadly poisons to chip 9 hp a turn away. My Beefy opponent has ~170 hp. This is gonna take a while.

The game plays very simply, and I believe that its going to be a clean sweep, although the arsenic issue is keeping me worried. It doesn't look like this deck will give me any curveballs though, how could it? Its a simple deck that depends on pure rush capacity. So it keeps playing its entropy and time quanta, and after a bit has 2 12 ATK Deja's, a unsplit momentum deja, and a regular unsplit deja. I'm at about 100-110 hp, so I figure that I'll take one more turn to get my hp lower, and then throw out SoSa.

Well as it turns out this deck has a surprise in store for me. Until now it had about 6-7 cards in its hand, which I wasn't paying any attention to, and the little attention I devoted to them was of the "oh its just focused on low quanta and not caring about burning all its cards instantly, weird for a rush deck but meh" variety. However on this turn it plays 3 Supernova, and 5 buff cards, I know at least 1 blessing, at least 1 Rage Pot, and at least 1 Chaos Power, and duplicates the deja's on the field, skyrocketing its damage output far up. I wasn't paying attention to the actual numbers since the buffs were coming on so quickly and it was part-randomized, but the yellow health indication was grim. Therefore...

I survive with 44 HP. After a moment to contemplate what just happened, I proceed to laugh and take SoSa to the bank.

... 4 turns later, it still has a huge buffer of hp, I'm running dry on SoSa, and still no Arsenic. Or Deadly Poisons for that matter. And its still got a huge balloon of hp, over 100. I'm getting worried now, but after a long battle of it getting me down, me keeping up SoSa's, and eventually getting my arsenic when the opponent had under 90 hp and I had 11-12 cards left in the deck, and good fortune in the last few turns, it ends in a crushing defeat.

Boy, 220 Hp EM's are tasty.
I also notice that this was the first match for the deck, and since there's a mark switch to light, I wonder what deck he has now...

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg446925#msg446925
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2012, 05:13:59 am »
Its always satisfying to overcome a (I believe it was at least) 14 turn chain of shard of sacrifice to beat one of these splat variants. He got unlucky that i pulled a mindgate and purify from my first shard of serendipity.

Offline Polari

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Polari is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg454399#msg454399
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »
I rolled my sixth SoSa moments ago and loaded up SPlat for the first time. Immediately got two rings up on platinum. This is how the third game ended:

Offline zhangvict

• Reputation Power: 6
  • zhangvict is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • For Gondor!
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg459666#msg459666
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »
^ Same situation for me, but I won :P

Made a partially upped SPlat deck after getting my 6th SoSac. I used unupped Sosacs and SoDs because I couldn't bear to up my hard earn rare shards lol, would ages to farm some more unupped ones

I was against a damageless deckout deck with at least 4 miracles (AI used 4 in one game) I was thinking 'fuuuu, omg when is this gonna end'. Finally after the 100+ poison counters and 2 cards from decking out, I win.

Second Screenshot - I spin - a miracle. Ahh the irony!

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg460644#msg460644
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »
3 last actions of an epic battle:

Notice the EM victory with 1HP ...

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg463954#msg463954
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:41 am »
No screenshots, but I was farming with a SoSe rainbow, and I meet yet another unoriginal mono-:death SoSac farmer. Fortunately, I pull Arctic Octopus and get a Guard mutant, so I manage to lock down a lot of my own damage down. The opponent keeps spamming SoSac, though, and it looks like I'm going to deck out. Just when I'm at 3 cards, one of my SoSe pull Eternity for me, and I had pulled a Time Tower a few turns before. I start rewinding Werewolf to wait out the SoSac spam.

As they keep spamming SoSac, though, my HP keeps getting chipped away to poison despite my enormous Bone Wall. I forgot that the Vampire Dagger I was using to keep myself alive is no longer there. I hit 14 HP with 13 poison counters, I have absolutely no healing, and the opponent still has 16 HP and two turns left on their SoSac (and three poison counters, due to my Deadly Poison earlier). Hoping for a miracle, I dump my hand of useless-against-SoSac cards and play the last SoSe I had saved up... and pull Antimatter and Sky Blitz. (And a Pendulum.) I improved-mutate my 8/17 Otyugh into a Dune Scorpion with 2 :time : Hatch, and hatch it for a 12-ATK Ice Dragon.

Trololol.

Offline Wizy

• Wizy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg466946#msg466946
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2012, 01:00:12 am »
not really a sensational match but a sensational payday
platinum + #1 + 1hp =  :electrum ding ding  :electrum JACKPOT   :))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:12:04 pm by Wizy »
(Temporarily?) retired from the game.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg467027#msg467027
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2012, 03:17:39 am »
No screenies, but I remember going up against a ghostmare with instosis. I ended up discarding instosis combo cards and instead use my :time quanta to play down nightmare'd ghosts, and I even mitosisreadied a ghost.

Offline zhangvict

• zhangvict is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • For Gondor!
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg467123#msg467123
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2012, 05:59:40 am »
No screenies, but I remember going up against a ghostmare with instosis. I ended up discarding instosis combo cards and instead use my :time quanta to play down nightmare'd ghosts, and I even mitosisreadied a ghost.
When I was up against a ghostmare with sosac neurotoxin, I simply discarded ghosts while on Sosa to heal myself when AI didn't have 20 dmg on the field.

anything
blarg: Elite Arbiter