*Author

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg391108#msg391108
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 06:12:24 am »
@dragonsdemesne: 2 pictures of deckouts with no eternity. You play a fat-deck, don't you? I would be interested to see the code ...

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg391119#msg391119
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 07:17:59 am »
@dragonsdemesne: 2 pictures of deckouts with no eternity. You play a fat-deck, don't you? I would be interested to see the code ...
Yeah, I use a 60 card deck.  I'm used to Magic: The Gathering, where 60 card decks/4 max copies are the minimum size, so even this feels like h4x to me :p  It's my FG farmer deck, but I found out that it does very well against gold league, so I've been trying to gather score from the arena the last few days..  Against platinum, it's a bit too slow to be very reliable, though nothing I've yet seen is reliable against platinum.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
500 500 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u9 749 749 74b 74b 77f 77f 77i 77i 77i 7gp 7gp 7h2 7h2 7k6 7k6 7k6 7n3 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 80a 80a 80h 80h 8ps

If you don't have purple nymphs, I was using improved antimatter and another pandemonium in those slots before I got them.  If you have amber nymph, I'd use that, and if you have auburn nymph, I'd use that too, because it synergizes with gravity shield, and even your own otyugh, though that's a bit slow.  Golden Nymph I'd consider as well if I had it.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg392086#msg392086
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 08:43:44 am »
It's not exactly a 'sensational match' but I was looking at where I stood on the leaderboard and I found this on the same page as me:

I just thought it was amusing that two players with such similar names had the same rating and were therefore back to back on the leaderboard :p  And they both were using gravity marks.

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg392091#msg392091
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 08:54:22 am »
It's not exactly a 'sensational match' but I was looking at where I stood on the leaderboard and I found this on the same page as me:

I just thought it was amusing that two players with such similar names had the same rating and were therefore back to back on the leaderboard :p  And they both were using gravity marks.
Ahhhh mindblown!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg392477#msg392477
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 08:05:30 am »
This was obviously intended as a relic farm... but holy crap man, the cards this guy has.  The deck had only nymphs, marks, and quantum towers.  (and there's still 37 cards in the deck...)  That 8/13 oty ate nothing but tasty nymphs.  I saw at least 2 auburns, 2 golden, 1 amber, 1 turquoise, 1 air, and lots of fire ones, since his oracle card was fire nymph.  And those marks... they are doubled due to dexterity, but still... Also, there's a fire one played, but I'm not sure if you can see it in the corner.  (+1 for a 4x mark :p)  I pulverized his quantum towers because I couldn't bear to touch those marks.  I won 3 relics and got a chance at a rare spin, but didn't get a rare.  Thanks, rastafla! :)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg393939#msg393939
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 05:54:37 am »
This was the easiest nonfarm deck I have ever come across.  (excluding obviously bad draws)  Its offense consisted of unupped phase spiders, mindgates, and parallel universes.  The only point of serious offense was his name, which I reported to the global mods in pm.  I'm just shamed I 'only' won with 97hp.

edit: fair enough I'll remove the pic.  And yeah, this was in gold league.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg393943#msg393943
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2011, 05:59:16 am »
I came across this name in Gold league. Could you please remove it (the name) on the picture? A person who names himself like that does not deserve advertisement ...
Oh and his deck was extremely lame also at that time. If I remember correctly I EM'd him with a quite bad test deck.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg394360#msg394360
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 09:17:09 am »
My poor 500hp em deck got beaten by extraordinarily ordinary decks in platinum, so I felt like I needed some payback by making some counter >:D

First up, the omnipresent Fire Stall! Spins revealed an abundance of SoGs, but where were they?

Then I get more standard decks! Apparently some Discord/Black Hole that hadn't lost yet. Too bad it didn't have a lot of quanta to nom

Nothing like beating some lame decks! I hope everyone will do the same and have fun beating up standard decks and enriching arena :)
First turn lockdown, problem?

Offline Polari

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Polari is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg394666#msg394666
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 12:47:16 am »
Then I get more standard decks! Apparently some Discord/Black Hole that hadn't lost yet. Too bad it didn't have a lot of quanta to nom
It's not a lame Discord/Black Hole deck, it's a lame SNbow with some Discords and Black Holes in it. ¬_¬

Anyway, I just dropped by to post a screenshot of my own. The game lasted about 12 minutes. Not going to explain further, that would just ruin it.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg394736#msg394736
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 04:27:58 am »
I have no idea what's in this person's deck, but I just logged in and saw this on the arena screen:

How the hell you get to #1 with one of the crappiest cards in the game, I don't know... but kudos to them for doing it.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg394742#msg394742
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 04:38:41 am »

This was a great match, very close.  Lightning bolt killed one dragon, and pandemonium weakened another one so that an otyugh could start eating them, but it got siphon lifed after eating 3 dragons.  As you can see, this deck had a lot of steals, which was very annoying.  I didn't see anything but dragons, steals, siphon lifes, and one octopus.  It was still pretty epic, though.

edit: another game

This guy had a well-designed but simple deck.  Graboids, shriekers, basilisk bloods for control, and stoneskins for stall.  The only problem?  He forgot to change his mark to time.  The funny thing was his record was still 3-2 before this.  (3-3 now)

Rember

Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg394785#msg394785
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 08:25:08 am »
I have no idea what's in this person's deck, but I just logged in and saw this on the arena screen:

How the hell you get to #1 with one of the crappiest cards in the game, I don't know... but kudos to them for doing it.
Huh? Scarab isn't even close to crappy. If it were a rustler I'd agree with you. :P

blarg: dragonsdemesne