*Author

Offline JappertTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg387116#msg387116
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:10:35 am »
I'm trying to get more people to play arena matches, I'm trying to get people interested again and I'm hoping to find some fun posts/match results to read.

This topic will be used to post your most exciting/original Arena matches. It can be about anything, a real close match, a huge turn-around, an amazing EM victory, a very original way to win, an extreme counter deck or dropping the #1 deck 5 ranks down because you gave it a loss.. You can choose to type a review for the match and can add Screenshots of different moments in the match (please use spoilers!).  Of course you can also use this topic to comment on other people.

I will reward the best submission of every topic page with a reputation bonus!

Offline Elite arbiter

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Elite arbiter is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • So many problems, so little time.
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg387460#msg387460
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:07:24 am »
Sounds like a fun idea. I had a story I've been considering telling about the most horrible thing ever to happen in arena. It was a bit ago, so no screenshots or pretty pictures, but I'll paint the scene with my words. You'll love it.

So I'm farming Gold Arena with Day Traitors (Someone really needs to fix the search button so I can link credit.) to see how well they do farming compared to my current deck, and they turn out overall to do very well. Its actually an easy deck to beat, but the metagame right now favors them, or at least it did at the time of this match, people are starting to throw in the standard counters now. The deck in question is a Firefly Queen deck. All cards upgraded. x3 Mark. 140-160 or somesuch hp. As I play this deck I'm thinking it'll be very easy, since most life focused decks fall to Day Traitors. It plays its first firefly queen pretty early, and begins generating its fire quanta. So its comp is a dab of fire, x3 Light Mark, Wind and Life Pillars. So I'm guessing by the Feral bonds out that its strategy is to splash the firefly energy for explosions and/or unstable gas, mark for Miracles, and to swarm with the Fireflies. But I have 2 nightmares and a lot of damage primed to go up. Do you know what it plays turn 4? Guess before opening the spoiler.

Hope. I'm dumbfounded, all upgraded FFQ's, and he runs Hope. I don't nightmare any more RoL's but its too late, with the DR gained through the ones he has + the regen from Feral Bonds... I get decked out. He played through enough cards to know that there was nothing that utilized the fire, and there were no light generating creatures in the deck. The deck made no sense at all, the Hope was unupgraded so I know that it would do literally nothing without my help, and I don't know whats worse, that this deck was made, or that I lost to it.

And thats my most embarrassing moment in Elements.
I hope you liked reading that. I know its probably not the type of story you were expecting, but its interesting and funny all the same. And as long as people enjoy it, it'll have been worth experiencing.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg387588#msg387588
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:01:58 am »
I like the Idea so I'll post some screenshots made in Platinum League with Pestosis:

Destoying a fire-stall with love:

Same vs a Candlelight deck. What a pleasure to have a successful denial before the first sanctuary is out ...

Then, a nice Mitosis Fight - Same difference:

And Finally a very fast Pest duel - Same but darker:

Offline Tom Bombadil

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tom Bombadil is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tom Bombadil is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tom Bombadil is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tryin' to get out of the Pizza topic...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg387598#msg387598
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:24 am »

Image talks by itself, my opponent was very unluky with draw (only 1 tower, and it got stolen), so I denied him emptying its field, and, since the first creature to trigger his an uneclipsed pest, his quanta pool...My most satisfying arena match until now
Wise Man: "If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything."
Mankind is divided in 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg387602#msg387602
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 07:59:48 am »
Just fought a fire rush with my GotP deck, thought I had lost it, but he had to discard so he took 13 damage  :)) dont have a screenshot though.

Offline ffun

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388268#msg388268
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 10:07:00 pm »
Pretty funny that just after reading your post I had a couple great matches to add here!

I use lots of decks against Arena, but usually the most fun I have are while playing my 500 hp big timebow, since it gives lots of opportunities for unexpected comebacks.

Match 1 vs. Immo rush
Well, as you can imagine, Immo rush is not the best matchup for this deck, and it usually ends in a fast, hard beatdown

But once in a while you topdeck a Miracle at just the perfect time :D

But don't you think it's over... in this match I was very close to loosing the whole time, and here's another perfect topdeck from the RNG gods (and luckly it was one devasting Pandemonium!)

In the end, I didn't even have to deck it out - immo rushes deserve a good Eternity beating, heh!

Match 2 vs. Mutation deck
Of course, the RNG is not always on your side... come on, a destroying dragon AND a stealing scorpion? :(

Match 3 vs. Poison deck
Yay for random Purify in deck! :D (and yay for 41 poison counters!)

And almost 100 poison counters later... EM! :)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388302#msg388302
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »
Here's a few I've had in the past (no sshots yet)

-losing to a 1hp deck because I was playing a damageless 500EM stoneskin stall
-losing to a 1hp deck because it spammed shard of divnity early
-beating the #11 ranked deck with 500EM stall and winning over 2100 electrum (I think there's a SS of this in my bloglike thread about my arena decks)
-finding an incredibly bad deck in the arena that was somehow ranked 33-0, and easily beating it twice in one afternoon, leaving it at 33-2 :p (it had dune scorps, pharaohs, and momentums, and pharaoh+scarab > scorpion for momentum priority lol)
-finding a deck in the arena that had spun trident; the creator apparently decided 'eff this' and made a monolife weenie deck with five dead cards, and I still lost
-getting a -zero- turn kill by killing a 1hp deck with thunderbolt
-defeating a dune scorpion deck by quinting all its scorpions so it couldn't buff them

I don't play arena that much; I haven't found a deck that reliably wins against it yet.  The best I've managed are my FG rainbow deck, GotP Time, zombie's giantslayer, voodoo, and 500EM stall, but none of those have win %s that I'm happy with in the arena.  I still play it once in awhile anyway, and always use my oracle pets there, so hopefully I'll get some good sshots soon :)

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388317#msg388317
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 12:53:49 am »
-EMing #1 deck in Gold with Rol/Hope and winning over 2k :electrum
-Getting second ring in Platinum and running into my own deck which happened to be an perfect counter to my deck :(
-Losing to a 1hp deck because of a 1st turn SoD
-Locked down by 1 pest from a 1hp deck

Offline Malignant

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Satan Claus
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st True Slayer of GodsSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #2 EventWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388400#msg388400
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 07:59:46 am »

• Legendary Member
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388416#msg388416
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:40 am »
Lol Mal, that's crazy :D
Nice one!

Thanks for all replies, even though I don't reply individually, it's fun to read!

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388434#msg388434
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 09:38:09 am »
Sometimes, the ai can really surprise you. You'd think they'd go straightforward with everything, so I'd love an explanation for this: (notice the -13 of discarding a GotP while having over 70 :time xD)
One would almost say the ai got depressed of all those GotPs I killed and just gave up :3 (it discarded 3-4 total, mind you :P)

Faildraws are fun, too, at least when they come from arena decks ;)
So I get lucky with an early arsenic and what does the deck do? It plays one Sundial per turn from the mark ???
And when it finally runs out it saves up for SoGs: brilliant.

Love me some platinum EMs :D

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: Most sensational Arena matches https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30470.msg388449#msg388449
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:51 am »
Haha two nice ones aswell.

I also noticed some strange AI behaviour when playing around with GotP/Nightmare. It's discarding choices are quite weird sometimes. At times it will only discard his own cards (wich deal no damage), other times it almost seems like a suicide rush.

anything
blarg: