*Author

Active members:
Tirear(2) bripod(3)

Offline bripodTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Looking for Arena win data. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54684.msg1139405#msg1139405
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:58:07 pm »
Ok all, I've done quite a bit of study on the payout for grinding Arena but need your help in the final piece of my puzzle.

As I've stated before, there is a formula to figure out how much electrum you will win from an arena match that you play.
The variables include:

Base Payout: This is the number on the lower right of each Arena Level from the Arena Homepage that shows all 4 Levels and your Arena deck stats at the bottom. These numbers fluctuate with the amount of traffic each level receives. The more plays in a particular level, the lower that payout will be.

Max HP: The Maximum number (100%) of HP that you achieved in game. Usually it will be 100 unless you've been hit with SoV or growing with SS or SoDiv.

Ending HP: The amount of HP you have left at the end of the game.

Deck Position Multiplier: Decks ranked in the top 10 pay out a bonus and this is where I need your help. I have a hypothesis but need hard data.

So, if anyone would like to contribute, I would be most grateful. What I need is the following:

Please only submit data for wins vs Top 10 decks in any league!

-Arena Level you're facing.
-Current Base Payout at the time of game.
-Rank of deck faced.
-Max HP and Ending HP of your game.
-Electrum Awarded for the win.

Example:
Plat
Payout:  232
Rank 9
Max 100 End 72
Electrum Won: 334

As soon as I complete this study I will publish my findings for all.
Thanks!

Offline Tirear

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tirear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Larger than a breadbox
Re: Looking for Arena win data. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54684.msg1142661#msg1142661
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 08:49:00 pm »
I was under the impression that the arena uses the following simple formula:

Each league has a base payout that is automatically adjusted over time.

If the opponent is rank 1, multiply the payout by 5. If the opponent is rank 2, multiply the payout by 4. If the opponent is rank 3, multiply the payout by 4.
If the opponent is anywhere from rank 4 to rank 10, multiply the payout by 2.
This adjusted payout is displayed before the match begins, along with the corresponding EM bonus.

You get half the adjusted payout for winning, and half for every 100 hp you ended the match with.
If you got an EM (current hp == max hp), multiply the reward by 2.
Finally, every time the first two reels of a spin match, add 5 :electrum to the reward.

Does your data not match this formula?

• bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Looking for Arena win data. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54684.msg1142667#msg1142667
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »
Base Payout * ((Max Hp / 2 + 50) / 100) * (If (End Hp = Max Hp , 2 , (End Hp / Max Hp)))

The above formula has been true for the last couple hundred games that I've played since I started trying to figure out all the variables, with the exception of a few Top 10 decks that I've faced. (and most of my data is from Plat and Gold Arenas.

I had the fortunate occurrence of meeting #2 in Plat with my 500hp EM deck that was a complete counter to it and made an incredible 12,700 :electrum on that one win with a 500hp EM...
 When I entered the data and did the math I realized that a win over #2 actually paid a BONUS of 8x.
A few days later I did the same thing to #9 and received a bonus of 2x. So, I revised my formula to the following:

Base Payout *( ((Max Hp / 2 + 50) / 100)*DPM) * (If (End Hp = Max Hp , 2 , (End Hp / Max Hp)))

The Deck Position Multiplier is what I'm trying to nail down right now, and why I need hard data.
My hypothesis is that Rank 1=10x,  2=8x,  3=6x,  4=4x,  5 thru 10=2x and 11+ is just 1x

I am not sure if the lower arenas are the same but I do have hard data on Plat #2 & #9

Just to clarify about the Bonus for going over 100hps in the game. Essentially what you said is correct. (Max Hp / 2 + 50) / 100) will provide you with the correct adjustment for any hps you have grown or lost from your starting 100hp.
Short story, 200hp pays out 1.5x,  300hp=2x,  400hp=2.5x  & 500hp=3x  but you get the appropriate percentage for all hp values in between those as well.

I'm not sure if you've seen data from the lower arenas and it's showed the 5x,4x,3x,2x bonuses that you've mentioned and Plat is doubled or what.

So, if any of you could contribute that would be great as these kinds of things bug me until I solidly solve them and can move on to the next task... ;)

Later all

Offline Tirear

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tirear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Larger than a breadbox
Re: Looking for Arena win data. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54684.msg1142684#msg1142684
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:41:22 am »
I got those multipliers from the arena FAQ. After re-reading it, I see that while the question was about a player winning electrum for beating an arena deck, the answer switches to talking about an arena deck winning electrum for beating players, and that's what those numbers are about. Sorry for the confusion.

I entered plat a few times, and turned up the current rank 4, who offered only double the normal reward. So it looks like 4-5 aren't any more rewarding than 6-10.

Re: Looking for Arena win data. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54684.msg1144050#msg1144050
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:21:30 pm »
Current Verified Bonus Multipliers:

RankBonus
#110x
#28x
#36x
#42x
#52x
#62x
#72x
#82x
#92x