*Author

Offline allembrande jacksonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • allembrande jackson is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • If it ain't Baruch, don't fix it!
Crazy Arena Idea: Zanz, make altering deck OK before duel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57103.msg1171275#msg1171275
« on: December 15, 2014, 07:08:19 am »
I am essentially recommending a sideboard, but it doesn't need to be a new game function, simply allow players to delay the 'next' battle in the arena without losing their streak points.  Why?

This would force arena deck designers to be creative because, if I can predict your deck from your mark and oracle card, then I have you dead to rights.

This would radically change how we interact with the arena, but it would prevent a major flaw therein: you get a streak going and then you hit one of those decks (DimSh/Immortal/SoWis; FFQ/EBx6/Hope; Devourers/BlkDrags; neurotoxin rush) which (according to the responses on the forum) are 'soooo easy to deal with' if you only had more [PC, CC, Protection] etcetera.  No one can prepare for everything, but you don't just need a good deck to collect rares, you need a 5/5 deck (express your success rate as a fraction and raise it to the power of five: the resulting fraction is your chance, per set, that you will make five in a row)

The only alternative os to spend hours a day farming.  That is crushingly boring.
Take a breath, count to three, make a wish

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Crazy Arena Idea: Zanz, make altering deck OK before duel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57103.msg1171277#msg1171277
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:10 am »
I actually quiet like this idea. Yes the number of speacial spins required might have to be balanced, but this would increase the creativity involved in arena.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline allembrande jacksonTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • allembrande jackson is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • If it ain't Baruch, don't fix it!
Re: Crazy Arena Idea: Zanz, make altering deck OK before duel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57103.msg1171346#msg1171346
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:02:37 pm »
As I say, there is no denying that this would change the feel of the game significantly, but yes, I feel for the better.  And it requires very minimal re-programming.
Take a breath, count to three, make a wish

blarg: