*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289331#msg1289331
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2019, 12:40:54 am »
The system is bunk right now, and players take advantage of it by grinding 1HP decks, so I don't have an issue with defending decks doing the same. Especially since it barely matters on the attacking end, grinding is still super efficient regardless of how you choose to handle fresh decks.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289356#msg1289356
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2019, 01:17:31 pm »
I hoped there was some irony. Because you don't have to be a good player to add a cheesy tactic to net some more wins. Yeah, I do that sometimes, too
(especially when I don't get a nice card to make another plat deck, or my current deck is top 5-ish), but calling a player "smart" because he is doing a
cheese-fest, nah. Especially when he is doing that for months.

cheesy? it's a 50 coinflip hoping to play 2 pillars and one sod in the first turn AT BEST

if i have this

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mv 7mv 7mv 7mv 7n0 7n0 7n1 7n1 7n1 7n5 7n9 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pr

i need to change it into this

7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mv 7mv 7mv 7n0 7n1 7n1 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pq

i lose a lot of utility cards and i lose the air mark, all this for hoping my opponent can't deal damage in the first turn and i can fuel a single sod

i posted last day a counter for sod decks, like players in 2014 played purify in every deck or massive healing for counter sosac they will learn to farm with sopa
when swallow or pdials was the best way to farm sod decks like these was even more stronger:

swallow totally lacks damage without sopa (waiting 2 turns for fuel sopa + 1 turn of boost)
pdials always suffered of weird mulligan for 6 dials and 7(?) pillars, so wasn't really easy draw 2 pillars + poison in the first turn

now sod decks are a lot weaker until u put damage in it, even if the deck is totally inverted, for example the same monoair i posted with damsel as oracle card is turned into this

7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k2 7k2 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pq

is totally weaker, i invest 5 + 2 card slots only for keeping alive the deck losing a lot of speed

if i turn the deck into a semistall

5ls 5ls 5ls 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7k2 7k2 7km 7km 7km 7km 7km 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7n0 7n0 7n1 7n1 7n5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

i lack cc i lack a wincon and i can't play more cards since i need to keep the deck smaller for drawing sods

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289357#msg1289357
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2019, 01:30:16 pm »
I hoped there was some irony. Because you don't have to be a good player to add a cheesy tactic to net some more wins. Yeah, I do that sometimes, too
(especially when I don't get a nice card to make another plat deck, or my current deck is top 5-ish), but calling a player "smart" because he is doing a
cheese-fest, nah. Especially when he is doing that for months.

cheesy? it's a 50 coinflip hoping to play 2 pillars and one sod in the first turn AT BEST

That's certainly the thing which makes it cheesy. You can easily insert 6 sods + a few miracles into any kind of plat decks.
Of course you will lose some edge, it is normal, you put stall cards into your deck.

But from this point it is just a matter of taste. You like SoD, while I don't when it is about arena decks, because it ruins
bronze/silver/gold and stains platinum. That's why I think it shouldn't be permitted for decks older than 10 days,
because after that it is just trolling the original spirit of arena.

And yeah, we can use anti-SoD decks for farming, but boy, are they tedious. Using Mutations and/or SoSe is much more fun,
and since I can allow myself not to farm at 100% efficiency I choose that.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Manuel

• Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289358#msg1289358
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2019, 02:00:23 pm »
Of course you will lose some edge, it is normal, you put stall cards into your deck.

But from this point it is just a matter of taste. You like SoD, while I don't when it is about arena decks, because it ruins
bronze/silver/gold and stains platinum. That's why I think it shouldn't be permitted for decks older than 10 days,
because after that it is just trolling the original spirit of arena.

And yeah, we can use anti-SoD decks for farming, but boy, are they tedious. Using Mutations and/or SoSe is much more fun,
and since I can allow myself not to farm at 100% efficiency I choose that.

i know is easier think to ban a card or flag the posts of people u don't like but is a lot easier adapt to it
wanna play mutations? u have ai4, u can even farm fg with a mutation deck until u mod it, back in the days was impossible think to have fun while grinding plat

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289359#msg1289359
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2019, 02:26:01 pm »

But from this point it is just a matter of taste.

I'm not the type who likes to adapt to rules which I deem bad. And yeah, back in the days...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Imagine any corresponding meme you like.
:)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Manuel

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289379#msg1289379
« Reply #329 on: May 19, 2019, 01:57:52 am »
 :) :)

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289380#msg1289380
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2019, 02:17:27 am »
Here's a brilliant idea. We ban you two noobs from arena. Problem solved.

:) :) :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:25:24 am by shockcannon »
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289384#msg1289384
« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2019, 09:16:45 am »
how about not trolling? :)

Offline Manuel

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289387#msg1289387
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2019, 12:55:26 pm »
necro'ing and bring out a discussion based on personal taste ignoring explanations of other players on why that particular thing is more beneficial than harmful >>> trolling

:) :) :) :)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289389#msg1289389
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2019, 02:31:29 pm »
I'm really sorry that I wasn't here around 2011, shame on me. Your explanation wasn't ignored, that's why I said that our opinions
largely differ, pointless to argue about it. Explanation doesn't equal ABSOLUTE TRUTH - btw I explained my opinion, too -,
we could just shut down the forum if things would work like this.

Offline Manuel

Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289390#msg1289390
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »
there is a small difference between ablosute truth and recognize why a card is made and how it works

dbh, monodarkness and any well built denial deck are able to permalock even at 1 hp if u don't play a zero hitter in the first turn, there are no opinion on this is how the game is designed, explaining this isn't trolling and there is no reason to cry about closing the forum lmao, sod decks are at same level of these deck u can play around it like u can be totally unlucky and lose

:) :) :) :) :)

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Banning Supernova, Quantum Tower, and SoG from Arena (Yet another new poll) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28129.msg1289393#msg1289393
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2019, 04:19:35 pm »
Honestly this necro has been so confusing that only someone like Manuel would bother to try help Wyand understand his err

Arena is broken because of 1hp & NaN, not SoD. Original post was about when shards were colorless. I wasn't around for that, but my understanding is that it was a much more broken meta than the modern QQ over sopa/sofr. So Wyand's necro'd some now irrelevant topic with a total off topic tangent that nobody can even understand the inspiration for. It's okay to not've been around in 2011, but if you're going to necro have context. Back in 2011 there was a chance that things could change (in fact, they did), but do you really think Zanz is going to come back just to ban SoD from arena??!?!?

Is Wyand proof that we live in simulated reality??
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:21:28 pm by serprex »

blarg: