*Author

Offline bripodTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018156#msg1018156
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:49:21 am »
I have some HD vid that I need to get onto YT for the Mentor Program but every time I upload to YT it looks horrible. I've tried many things and apps but with no luck.
Recently someone posted some vids that looked great (using CamStudio I believe) and I thought it was from the Trials but I can't find them or who did it... Any help would be most appreciated.

Offline TheAccuso

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheAccuso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Maddecks
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018159#msg1018159
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:00:15 am »
Ask Shantu, he uploaded the HD videos for trials.
My Creations:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,41051.msg508466.html#msg508466
My nutella!   (n)                     |Collaboration>Competition|

• bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018168#msg1018168
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:27:33 am »
I only see his finals match vids with jijo... and they're not the ones I remember... any link you could provide?

I remember someone putting a list of all the vids at the end of their post but then again I've seen a lot of stuff in the past few days so I could be mistaken...

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018170#msg1018170
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 01:34:31 am »
Not a lot of players recorded Trials matches.  I did, but not in HD.  I ran into a problem with the game where Cali decked out because youtube wouldn't let me post a video that long (16 mins).  The rest uploaded fine, but again they weren't high quality.  I used camstudio.

Edit: you could also be thinking of the videos I posted of Napalm spanking me during a previous Trials.  The Final Battle thread from this Trials linked to that post.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:37:19 am by kev »

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018173#msg1018173
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 01:47:09 am »
I've used camstudio to record other games before, and it seems to work pretty good.  Sometimes the sound ends up rather out of sync with the video, though, and I'm not sure why.  (though that won't matter for Elements unless you're doing commentary while you play)  You can change the quality of recording within camstudio itself, which will greatly vary the video quality and file size; I had to play around with that a bit before I got something I liked, and it will depend on your personal preferences.

Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018174#msg1018174
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 01:49:30 am »
Kev, I remember those! but I don't think it was the ones I want to find... :(

How did you upload the vids of you and Naps? They do look considerably better than what I've been getting... I think the slight fuzziness in those vids is from a mismatched res size and YT doing a bit of stretching to fill the screen...

Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018176#msg1018176
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:36 am »
Hey DD!

Yeah I've used several apps with great success on my cpu but the issue comes from uploading them to YT... I've got some very nice HD footage but it gets destroyed when YT gets hold of it... I've tried everything, perfect resolution match (1280x720) different file formats, color pallets, codecs... it's beginning to drive me crazier than I already am... :P

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018178#msg1018178
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 01:55:52 am »
Hmm... I'll have to try and see what happens if I do it.  I probably haven't made one for a year or two; maybe my quality went way down as well, but this was for another CCG, so HD graphics didn't matter all that much.  (M:TG)

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018179#msg1018179
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:36 am »
I've used camstudio to record other games before, and it seems to work pretty good.  Sometimes the sound ends up rather out of sync with the video, though, and I'm not sure why.  (though that won't matter for Elements unless you're doing commentary while you play)  You can change the quality of recording within camstudio itself, which will greatly vary the video quality and file size; I had to play around with that a bit before I got something I liked, and it will depend on your personal preferences.

500 ms of sound delay did the trick for me as far as sync goes.

As for bripod's problem, I don't know what could it be. If you are using Camstudio maybe check this tutorial out when you have some time, it really tells a lot of useful things.

I played around with the settings a lot too (3 hours?) before the final battle but I had no problems with Youtube uploading. If you want I can upload my Camstudio config file somewhere, maybe it helps.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: YouTube video upload help https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44871.msg1018182#msg1018182
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:02:46 am »
I ran into a problem with the game where Cali decked out because youtube wouldn't let me post a video that long (16 mins).

Should cut the video in half and then post it :3

As for Camstudio, I've recorded a few oracle matches with it but I've never really gotten good quality, so I'm going to check out that tutorial Shantu linked.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: