*Author

Offline JenkarTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1076269#msg1076269
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:14:28 pm »
I've realised a lot of people do not know what gdocs is capable of, and often ask me in chat questions about it when they need some help. Since i believe that every answer should be beneficial, post here if you have a question for me about gdocs. :3
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1076471#msg1076471
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 05:12:10 am »
Freezing more than 10 rows or 5 columns...?

>:(
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

• Legendary Member
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1076495#msg1076495
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 09:57:37 am »

I have no problem doing that. Do you use the "drag the grey bar in the top left corner" method to freeze your rows?
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1076564#msg1076564
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »

I have no problem doing that. Do you use the "drag the grey bar in the top left corner" method to freeze your rows?

OK, that does work!  Thanks Jenk!

Now, I bring into question the lengthy help threads discussing this exact thing with Google sponsored replies that claim it not possible at the moment due to current program limitations.  Do you know how long that "drag the gray bar in the top left corner" method has been functional for >10 rows and >5 columns?
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

• Legendary Member
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1076566#msg1076566
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 02:57:13 pm »
No idea.

• Legendary Member
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1080956#msg1080956
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 06:01:13 pm »
Because this came up just now with the collosseum favorite thingy :

Q: What does the "indirect" function do.

A: Let's look at the formula in the betting thingy : =IFERROR(INDIRECT(""&A3&"!G7"))
A3 is the number representing the player. So for example; jenkar's sheet being sheet 16, on that line it'd be interpreted as :
=IFERROR(INDIRECT("16"!G7")), which, with the use of indirect, does : =IFERROR(16!G7). Indirect converts a string in a reference.

Note on references : references are of the form : <sheetname>!($)<column>($)<row>. The <>'s are for indicating beggining/end of field, you don't type them in a ref. Also, the $ are optionnal (hence the parenthesis, again not typed () ), and they serve to indicate an absolute reference. There are two $ possible placement, one for absolute column and one for absolute row. (Using both gives absolute cell reference). What is an absolute reference? If you drag a cell, the formula will be copy pasted into the cells you drag along, AS IF YOU MOVED THE REFERENCE TOO. This is relative referencing. Absolute means the references stay the same.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:12:37 am by Jenkar »

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1080962#msg1080962
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »
I figured out how to use concatenate :D

Okay not really. I mean I know how it works, but let's say I have something like this in cells A1-C2:

Jenkar
2-0
ddevans96
ddevans96
2-1
Jenkar

If I used =concatenate(A1, "vs", C1) in cell E1, and the same in E2, it would look like this:

Jenkar
2-0
ddevans96
          Jenkar vs ddevans96
ddevans96
2-1
Jenkar
          ddevans96 vs Jenkar

However, I want E1 and E2 to concatenate alphabetically, so I can apply conditional formatting to column E and highlight all duplicates, like this:

Jenkar
2-0
ddevans96
          ddevans96 vs Jenkar
ddevans96
2-1
Jenkar
          ddevans96 vs Jenkar

Note I'm using Excel terminology, since I'm more familar with it. I hope GDocs isn't so different that you can't understand what I'm asking xD
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

• Legendary Member
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1080964#msg1080964
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:28:18 pm »
Note : Gdocs solution here. Try it out for yaself in excel!
In gdocs you can test alphabetical order by using > or <. Doesn't take caps in account.

So you could do :
=if(A1<C1,concatenate(A1," vs ", C1), concatenate(C1," vs ",A1))

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1081030#msg1081030
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 10:29:02 pm »
Why can't you print straight from GDocs? Why must you download it first? >.>

Why do word documents downloaded from GDocs to print have the format all messed up?!? X_X

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1081032#msg1081032
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »
So you could do :
=if(A1<C1,concatenate(A1," vs ", C1), concatenate(C1," vs ",A1))

This worked. I never thought of using greater than and less than for letters - thanks Jenky :3
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

• Legendary Member
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1081102#msg1081102
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 06:41:30 am »
Why can't you print straight from GDocs? Why must you download it first? >.>

Why do word documents downloaded from GDocs to print have the format all messed up?!? X_X
...? Gdocs prints directly for me.

Offline Pella

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Pella is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Keeper of Statistics & Picker of Nits
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: GDocs Ask a simple question, get a simple answer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=49605.msg1081103#msg1081103
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 06:48:40 am »
Note on references : references are of the form : <sheetname>!<column>($)<row>($).
I'm reasonably certain that the $ must appear before the column or row you wish to be absolute, not after it.
War 7, Team Death
(Honourary Member, Mascot)

blarg: