*Author

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg440821#msg440821
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 06:55:25 pm »
If there is no more feedback, I'll modify the rules tonight and post up a sign-up shortly after.  I think a perfect start date for this would be immediately after Christmas.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg444520#msg444520
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »
I agree with mrpaper that a larger sideboard is a bad idea, 50 cards is basically a two deck vault which is too much like War.  Sideboard is supposed to be you have your main deck and then some extra cards to tweak it with.

Do we really need a ban list?  Perhaps during signups you could run a poll and let the participants pick the cards to be banned.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg450187#msg450187
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 02:23:50 pm »
If there is no more feedback, I'll modify the rules tonight and post up a sign-up shortly after.  I think a perfect start date for this would be immediately after Christmas.
Hope you didnt mean Christmas of 2012 :P
is this coming soon?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg470448#msg470448
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 05:03:14 pm »
This event probably won't start for at least a month... or longer depending on when War starts.

Is there anymore feedback on the rule changes proposed by TStar?

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Feedback and Suggestions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16212.msg478322#msg478322
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »
Here are the rules changes I am thinking of adopting.  I wanted to give everyone a few days to discuss them before making it official and starting up the event.

1. No Shards
- Pretty self-explanatory

2. Upped Cards Can Be Changed
- You can change which cards are upped from match-to-match instead of having to keep the same 6 cards for the entire event

3. Ban List
- As it stands there is little or no incentive for deck creativity.  Not much really sets it apart from Leagues.  Certain select popular PvP cards would be banned to encourage diversity in deckbuilding and sideboards.

4. Deck Size Isn't Fixed
- Instead of selecting an intial deck and being forced to use decks of that size the entire time, players can use any size deck they like.  Instead players will be given 50 cards for their deck+sideboard.

5. Bracket Format Changed
- I forget what the issue was with the World Cup style format, so I'm going to try it here.  Players will be placed into pools and play each other once.  The winner of each pool will then go into a single-elimination tournament to determine the final winner.  This should eliminate any issues with players getting BYE's.

I think I covered just about everything but if I forgot something let me know.

Proposed Ban List
 :death Bone Wall
 :darkness Devourer
 :aether Dimensional Shield
 :entropy Discord
 :fire Fire Bolt
 :time Ghost of the Past
 :earth Graboid

** The idea is no more than 1 ban per element and only bans to eliminate the most popular PvP decks to force creative deckbuilding **

Any last thoughts on these changes?
1.) With the SoG nerf from a while ago and the soon to be nerfed SoSac, do these still need to be banned? Personally, I like banning all Shards just out of principle, what are your thoughts?

2.) Being able to change your upped cards will be a welcom addition to this Sideboard.

3.) The ban list was well received.. now that it's been a while, have your thoughts on it changed? Are there any cards missing?

4.) Thoughts on the deck size not being fixed?

5.) World Cup style format! This should be fun!

Any other thoughts?
..The rules/signups should be up sometime later today!

blarg: