*Author

Offline Qwandri

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Qwandri is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg365264#msg365264
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 03:26:21 am »
how DO you make void quanta? void pillars destroy quanta from other's quanta pool matching his mark? and if there is void, there must also be a contrary (like :light and :darkness). what would be the supposed opposing element...if THIS one ever sees day.
I know this is a late quote, but i think the opposite of void would probably be mirror, don'tcha think?
Strike that, reverse it.

Offline BloodshadowTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg365277#msg365277
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 03:54:09 am »
I know this is a late quote, but i think the opposite of void would probably be mirror, don'tcha think?
I said the opposite of the Void element is Divine.

Would you mind changing the Void pseudoquanta cost mechanic to a Void pseudoquanta generation effect?
Aka casting Parallel Universe on a Void creature would also cause the opponent to gain quanta.
No. PU only costs Aether; it has nothing to do with the target's cost.

Oh okay, makes sense not to mess with code  :). So How would mitosis work, I'm guessing that the ability cost would be zero, since paying the ability cost and then having to pay for the creature generation would be ridiculous.....
Mitosis on a Void creature would generate Void quanta. In other words, giving quanta to your opponent. I don't care if this can't be coded; I don't expect Void to get into the game anyways.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg365309#msg365309
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 05:21:07 am »
Would you mind changing the Void pseudoquanta cost mechanic to a Void pseudoquanta generation effect?
Aka casting Parallel Universe on a Void creature would also cause the opponent to gain quanta.
No. PU only costs Aether; it has nothing to do with the target's cost.

Oh okay, makes sense not to mess with code  :). So How would mitosis work, I'm guessing that the ability cost would be zero, since paying the ability cost and then having to pay for the creature generation would be ridiculous.....
Mitosis on a Void creature would generate Void quanta. In other words, giving quanta to your opponent. I don't care if this can't be coded; I don't expect Void to get into the game anyways.
I am surprised at your reluctance to make an almost functionally identical change to the timing that would make the mechanic easier to code.

Currently
Start turn
Game determines if Void Walker's cost(4void) can be paid
Play Voidwalker
Enact Voidwalker's cost (4void)
Come into play effect (none)

The alternative
Start turn
Game determines if Void Walker's cost(0) can be paid
Play Voidwalker
Enact Voidwalker's cost (0)
Come into play effect (4void)

The alternative uses more preexisting code, allows new void cards to enter the Regular Crucible polls, and is functionally identical except in 2 cases.
Case 1: Twin Universe on a void creature would generate void quanta in addition
Case 2: Mitosis + SoR would have no advantage beyond Mitosis
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg365568#msg365568
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 08:06:21 pm »
and is functionally identical except in 2 cases
And I don't like that. As I already said, coding is a non-factor here since these cards aren't likely to be put into the game anyways. If Zanz happens to like them, he can make his own changes.

Offline Qwandri

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Qwandri is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg365721#msg365721
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2011, 01:11:52 am »
I said the opposite of the Void element is Divine.
Oh, I must have missed it. Sorry for the trouble.
Strike that, reverse it.

Tom Chunata

Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg366629#msg366629
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2011, 06:16:40 pm »
Aether is of immateriality, whereas Void is the material of nothingness. If you fractal nothing, you get nothing, imo. If you get nothing the same nothing of a parallel world, you have twice the nothing. Does nothing make sense?

On topic: I do like the Void idea, but where is the line between Void and Aether?

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg366690#msg366690
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2011, 08:27:18 pm »
On topic: I do like the Void idea, but where is the line between Void and Aether?
Read Zanz's description of Aether: "Aether is the domain of the immaterial things; it is where the stars reside and the media where all the energy waves move." That's not really "nothing", is it?

DeathAngelx

Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg402352#msg402352
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »
I think that the VoidStalker/Walker Might Be Too OPing.  ::)

Offline Palindromic

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Palindromic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • --spe patientia valet--
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg1268585#msg1268585
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »
I like the idea of Void, but it would be nice to see some card images.
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: [SERIES] Void - A New Pseudo-Element https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21514.msg1268587#msg1268587
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »
I like the idea of Void, but it would be nice to see some card images.
This topic ended in 2011, and the person who started it hasn't played elements in years. Card images aren't likely to happen.
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

blarg: