*Author

Offline DemoniteTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Demonite hides under a Cloak.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1054862#msg1054862
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2013, 02:36:08 am »
This made me think of this thread...

http://imgur.com/gallery/kmxeF

Oh goody, goody! Will jam people with mercury!

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1054873#msg1054873
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 04:12:20 am »
Antihydrogen.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1054877#msg1054877
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 04:21:20 am »
Antihydrogen.
Why?
Also what are the uses of Antihydrogen? (I don't see it being useful in synthesis because we can't use antiwater)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1054881#msg1054881
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 04:32:18 am »
Annihilation, of course. If I can produce at will the element I've chosen, I'll have the most powerful energy source and explosive in existence. Hmm, maybe I should go with antideuterium instead, so that I have protons, neutrons, and electrons all covered. But then again, I can always make neutrons by forcing the electron and proton inside a hydrogen atom to undergo reverse beta decay, if my control extends that far.

If we cannot create the element we control, and can only control already existing atoms of the element, then the obvious choice would be carbon or hydrogen or some other common element. And that's boring.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1054883#msg1054883
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2013, 04:49:17 am »
So no uses beyond annihilation? Aw :(

I will stick with H since I can construct or deconstruct what I want.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1054893#msg1054893
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:31 am »
Wondering if we're allowed to control some forms of exotic matter. Like, replacing the up and down quarks in our atoms with some other types of quarks, and replacing the electrons with some other types of leptons. That'd give them radically different, and possibly very interesting, properties. Normally exotic matter like those are highly unstable, but we shouldn't be able to stabilize them with our element-controlling magic or whatever.

Offline AnonymousRevival

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.AnonymousRevival is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Aethemera, aether et lux
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1056851#msg1056851
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:17 am »
@Bloodshadow: Why not antiiron? Iron has the strongest binding energy. This idnicates that if iron and antiiron collide there will be much more energy released per unit mass rather than the puny antiproton. Furthermore, Iron is very abundant and it is the cause for stars to cease.
Ignotum venit retro vivere. :aether :light

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1056892#msg1056892
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 07:59:10 am »
Assuming that I can produce an unlimited amount of my chosen element, it doesn't really make any difference what element I choose if I just want annihilation. Or does it...

Whatever. This whole thing is rather ambiguously defined. Analyzing it too deeply will probably make it fall apart and ruin the whole point.

Offline Khaleesi

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Khaleesi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Dracarys!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1218114#msg1218114
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 04:18:42 am »
Most definitely Lithium. Why? Because I'd be able to create awesome bombs just by using water. eue I really like exploding things.
I'd say this would be the best Alkali Metal choice for the best bomb since it has the smallest atomic radius among the others, which would require a larger amount of energy to oxidize it to its Li+ form. Sure, it'd take a little longer than if I chose to use Francium for example, since its atomic radius is the largest of the entire periodic table and its electron are much more "movable" if you know what I'm saying. But the boom would be totally worth it EuE

I'd love to have some booms here and there eue

maybe I'm a little psycho. teeny bit.
"There is so much more to you than you know. Not just pain and anger. There is good, too. I felt it. When you can access all of that, you will possess a power no one can match. Not even me." - Charles Xavier
-------
DeviantArt page: http://kaikennatsuki.deviantart.com

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: What element that you want to control? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=47850.msg1278338#msg1278338
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2018, 12:05:10 am »
Definitely hydrogen; it's the most common element in the universe and is a big part of virtually every organic compound.

I concur. Absolutely the best choice. Plus think about water... or hydrogen bombs.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

blarg: