*Author

Active members:
CuCN(1) Savage(2) Chapuz(2)

Offline SavageTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Savage is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements Veteran
Degree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55965.msg1158511#msg1158511
« on: October 05, 2014, 06:13:25 am »
My advisor said that I should finish up my degree in applied mathematics. What are the huge differences in what applied mathematics focuses on and does as opposed to others, like computational?

Also, if you have seen the series numbers back in 2006-2007, I want to do what Charlie epps does: create algorithms that analyzes data for amazing results. Is that something applied math would help with assuming I go forward in classes in programming?

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Degree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55965.msg1158545#msg1158545
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 01:37:04 pm »
In spanish the carreer you are looking for is called 'informatical engineering', I don't know if it's the right translation in english. It has a lot of programming and A LOT (in caps) of algorithms. They have a very good base of maths of course.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline CuCN

• Reputation Power: 25
  • CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.CuCN is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Toxic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Degree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55965.msg1158546#msg1158546
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:43:16 pm »
In spanish the carreer you are looking for is called 'informatical engineering', I don't know if it's the right translation in english. It has a lot of programming and A LOT (in caps) of algorithms. They have a very good base of maths of course.
In English this field is Computer Science.

Offline SavageTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Savage is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements Veteran
Re: Degree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55965.msg1158589#msg1158589
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 06:36:48 pm »
Could I still pursue computer science as  masters even after applied mathemathics?

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Degree https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55965.msg1158601#msg1158601
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:57:23 pm »
Could I still pursue computer science as  masters even after applied mathemathics?
No idea, you would have to call certain universities if they accept math guys for the master.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

blarg: