*Author

Offline ffunTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
(Time) (sub) Lt. dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg434974#msg434974
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:22 am »
by ffun
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rm 5rm 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5s4 5s4 5s4 5s4 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7ri 7ri 7ri 8ps

I had to sub this round for DD because he couldn't find his nymphs for this deck.

For the 1st time ever, I was very happy to see a gravity mark and know :earth would be playing their pulvy grab deck. Our deck had a great chance of winning against it, but MartyrX's horrible RNG on all three rounds made it even easier, although I honestly would've liked better if he had decent hands, as it is not fun to win or loose in this way.

First match MartyrX had lots of burrowed grabs, but the novas didn't seem to arrive for him to evolve them (and, even then, I had a couple of RT waiting in hand). That gave me a clear road to play my critters to outrush him. 1-0

In the second match MartyrX got a horrible hand and no pillar for 3(?) rounds. That slowed him way too much for any real competition, even though BBing my 2 nymphs and playing an early fog shield were a bit annoying. 2-0

On the 3rd round it seemed like a joke... he also got a bad pillar start while I was flooded with pillars. But definitely his hand was much, much worse than mine. Nymphs gave me a great card advantage as well, and again it was an easy win. When he finally got the quanta to try something, he was almost dead. 3-0

It's great to finally win vs :earth, but unfortunately not the most fun matches to play. Tough luck for you MartyrX, and thanks for the games!

Offline MartyrX

• Reputation Power: 4
  • MartyrX is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • !!!PULVERIZE!!!
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg434976#msg434976
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:16:51 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 58o 58o 58o 58v 58v 58v 590 590 590 590 590 590 595 595 595 5ia 5og 5up 5v1 61q 778 778 778 8pl

I couldn't have said it better myself.  RNG was not happy with me tonight.  Good Games ffun.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg434996#msg434996
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:12:27 am »
While it would still make sense for Time to sub, this is a good reason why sub penalties should still be around, as they weren't this round.  A 6 card difference probably wouldn't have caused Time to not take this deck, but to be able to sub without penalty seems a bit wrong, since it is a rule in place for the entire rest of the event.  Perhaps this belongs in the feedback thread instead, but thought it was worth mentioning, nonetheless.

Congrats to team Time, you guys finally got that Pulvy out of your butt.

This is my Pulvy...
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435000#msg435000
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:27:02 am »
4 Nymphs...double-you tee eff.

And hmm...yeah that removal of the sub penalty really turned into quite the strategic advantage on this one
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435045#msg435045
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 03:13:24 am »

And hmm...yeah that removal of the sub penalty really turned into quite the strategic advantage on this one
If i understood correctly, its not a penalty sub, its just no salvage. So, with 0 salvage this round, there was no danger. Although yeah, it was a pretty nice move.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435048#msg435048
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:06 am »

If i understood correctly, its not a penalty sub, its just no salvage. So, with 0 salvage this round, there was no danger. Although yeah, it was a pretty nice move.
Yes you understood correctly, as that is what I was referring to.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435054#msg435054
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:02:54 am »
My rectum was still smarting from my other earth match and I couldn't bear to sit down on my sore butt for an hour for this match, so I sold all 12 of my time nymphs, forcing ffun to sub for me.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435099#msg435099
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 07:50:23 am »
4 Chrono-Nymphettes - I am jealous. This deck choice (and sub) was a nice move for team Time (exploiting its possibility to a new level). Also a little revenge against team Earth doesn't hurt. Congrats.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435128#msg435128
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 11:59:14 am »
While it would still make sense for Time to sub, this is a good reason why sub penalties should still be around, as they weren't this round. 
Yes. In the old wars the salvage was never reduced to 0, so the wording worked. With all those new ideas it's good to have a penalty of 3 cards for subbing (maybe a general penalty, but always full salvage??)

kirchj33

Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435204#msg435204
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 04:41:30 pm »
This substitution was well within the rules, but it just feels dirty :earth!

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435205#msg435205
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »
This substitution was well within the rules, but it just feels dirty :earth!
War is dirty (I suppose this will be changed for next war).

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Time) (sub) dragonsdemesne 3 - (Earth) MartyrX 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34478.msg435207#msg435207
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:52:09 pm »
:time used the cards that were in their vault versus the cards that were in :earth's vault.

blarg: ffun,MartyrX