*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
(Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg434970#msg434970
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:05:58 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4st 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5uk 5ul 5ul 5ul 5up 5up 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 5v1 606 606 606 606 606 6rd 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7t4 7tb 7tb 7um 8ps
Second mark card is upgraded, extremely close matches, but Ghostmare trolls Earth, AGAIN!

Match 1 Won:
kirchj failed to draw anything useful as I was slowly chopping away his health with my feisty dagger. I was suspecting something like UW's boltbow, and was glad to see my Dagger easily kept 3 Graboids at bay. I wasn't so glad when I saw that Deflag and started using some more creatures, they all got CC-ed quickly, but kirchj lost too much health from that Dagger to recover. I should've Nightmared more to stall that Deflag longer is what I learned. 1-0
Match 2 Lost:
So much early quanta, so few cards I needed, outrushed 1-1
Match 3 Lost:
Terribad 1 Pendulum draw, I was forced to discard a Reverse Time and couldn't play stuff when I wanted it to. I thought Stealing his Earth Pillar + Nightmaring his Shrieker would slow him down, but his Earth quanta generation soon became overwhelming. Learned not to Nightmare those Shriekers again when there's so much room in his hand. 1-2
Match 4 Won:
I had an amazing draw with 2 early Daggers, it took kirchj a while to draw one Deflag (all those sacrifices to prevent his draws will not be forgotten!) but quickly drew a second one to deal with the replacement afterwards. Dagger made enough of a difference to make it a win though. Trolling those Shriekers with rewind to stop kirchj from drawing new stuff was pretty fun, too. 2-2
Match 5 Won:
I got happy when I saw kirchj's draw, no QTs or QPs and thought, yes. It ended up as the closest game of them all though, my first Dagger got deflagged the same turn it was played and my second was the last card. My Nightmares did minimal damage, and in the end I knew I needed only 2 more creatures + Dagger. Except there was only one creatures. Luck would have it kirchj finally ran out of CC since all those nightmares kept him from drawing any more. If that last Dragon got CC-ed I would've lost.

ggs kirchj! These games kept me wide awake even though it's past midnight over here :P
Perfect round #3 I <3 you.

kirchj33

Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg434972#msg434972
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:06 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4vj 58o 58o 58o 58o 595 595 5aa 5aa 5aa 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 5fb 61q 6qq 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 80a 80a 8po

RNG hates me lately....

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg434973#msg434973
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:09:27 am »
We should pack some more CC next time... seriously this is getting old and ridiculous
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg435057#msg435057
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:22:00 am »
We used TWO Daggers this time. Hah.

Ghostmare rides the RNG wave to yet another victory... How long will it last?
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Antagon

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Antagon is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg435112#msg435112
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:47:04 am »
never saw a better anti-deck since shieldlock against monogreen (before scorpion!), shocking loss for you, team earth, but great choice.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg435152#msg435152
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 02:12:55 pm »
10, ten, TEN CC cards and 3 deflags against 7 creatures and 2 daggers... and it couldn't win? :o

Ghostmere is really a terrible matchup for Earth this War... And ironically enough, The Immortal was pretty much the only hard counter available - and Ghostmere killed that too.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg435153#msg435153
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »
Well 10 CC cards sounds nice and everything, but those BBs were basically dead weight. They could either render the target immune to any other CC once it's undelayed or I could simply rewind and reuse it. It's only the other 8 CC cards that bothered me. In fact, it's remarkable kirchj almost always seemed to have one of those ready when there are 7 creatures and Nightmares to block kirchj from drawing for several turns. Especially since there were only 4 cards that could fuel those Lightnings, 3 of them Steal-able and inconsistent.

kirchj33

Re: (Darkness) Gen. TheonlyrealBeef 3 - (Earth) Gen. kirchj33 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34477.msg435184#msg435184
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:09:19 pm »
I believe it was the 7th creature that threw the balance of this counter off.  I truly feel I still had a large deck advantage, but having to counter NotP with a creature-based deck is not fun, or easy.  I can remember all throughout war, other earth members saying that the tough thing about NotP is even if you design a great deck and play it perfectly, you still have a chance to lose.  In regards to the BB's, I only drew them twice, once I discarded early, a second time it was inconsequential.  I had considered adding wardens instead, but was afraid of those being rewind fodder.

Good luck to darkness and the TorBsters in the rest of war.

blarg: TheonlyrealBeef,kirchj33