*Author

Offline shockcannonTopic starter

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
(Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3-1 serprex (Darkness Salvager) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66939.msg1286330#msg1286330
« on: February 24, 2019, 01:51:09 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fu 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 7dg 7dg 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tb 7tb 7th 7th 8pt

G1: No SoPa for them. Devourers and arctic squid were annoying but vampire dagger is too strong. Phoenixes didn't really do much other than add 7 damage when I played them. That was enough though. We traded nightmares, so that was fun. I wasn't entirely sure what his deck was besides SoPa and devourers so I held steal a little long. Since I had multiple copies in my hand from the start I should've instantly stolen a dark pendulum. This would've helped against devourers and gotten my phoenixes out a little sooner.
G2: SoPa draws weren't amazing but they did come at a fairly normal time despite not being in starting hand. Luckily I had steals. Stole early SoPa. He also lacked an early squid, which allowed my phoenixes to actually do damage. Managed to clutch out the win just before 10/10 devourers and dolls started hitting me.
Spoiler for Hidden:
G3: He had good draws and I had no chance. Didn't have the cards I needed to stop the SoPa. I apparently misplayed here and could've won but oh well.
G4: I think we both misplayed here. Serprex nightmaring arctic squid might have saved me. Gave me extra creatures to play so I wouldn't stay freeze locked forever and could actually deal damage since vampire dagger was taken out my frozen dolls. Close game though.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Every game I drew SoBra and used it when his hand was full (usually on the first turn) so I could draw extra cards without him drawing extra cards. Might've helped me a bit.

They had the guts to send me SoPa devs even though I predicted it to TorB in chat. Bravo. Made me smile the instant I saw water mark. Also I probably got lucky with RNG. ALSO, I think mono darkness would've crushed this deck from us.

GG serprex. I enjoy playing against you. You're almost as cool as me.  :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:33:09 pm by shockcannon »
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: (Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3-1 serprex (Darkness Salvager) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66939.msg1286331#msg1286331
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 01:53:18 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 5i4 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5j2 5j2 5j2 5j2 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5ut 5v0 5v0 5v1 7gk 7i6 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pp

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: (Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3-1 serprex (Darkness Salvager) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66939.msg1286332#msg1286332
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 02:16:07 am »
When opponent gives you exact deck you ask for and wins anyway because drawing SoPas is really hard. Well played, shock. Well played...

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: (Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3-1 serprex (Darkness Salvager) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66939.msg1286333#msg1286333
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 03:02:45 am »
[02:58] serprex: Think I actually misplayed that last game, even with sopa in last 8 cards
[02:58] serprex: If I never NM squid, I don't get low on water & can keep 6 phoenix & a vagger frozen
[02:59] serprex: Since I had voodoo that means he only had 48 damage, plus NM. That gives me ~35 health to play with
[03:00] serprex: There's enough quanta in the deck to keep things frozen even after 4 steals take quanta

So it wasn't just RNG. I misplayed the game I won too, lost focus & made a couple bad decisions shock didn't capitalize on

What I'm trying to say is, yes, I predicted this deck correctly. But when it came down to it, shock outplayed me

I nightmared because I wanted to deny a draw. But I knew he was stealing pillars, so I was giving him all the cards he needed. I'd forgotten Who is the beatdown?

I thought I had to nightmare him while his water quanta was still too low to spam squids. What a misconceived notion. I felt playing Nightmare was inevitable, but I needed to accept Nightmare as a dead card until I could finish him or needed to prevent lethal damage. I too greatly feared my opponent drawing cards, & I failed to recognize that until I draw SoPa, my deck is a control deck. Just because the only healing in it is a dead Nightmare & Minor Vampire, doesn't mean it can't play control

Which is to say I shouldn't've swapped a Vamp for a Nightmare, because Nightmare is too skill intensive a card for me to play correctly. But I don't blame only myself. I blame JCJ & Torb, who didn't reveal this knowledge to me while I brought up the topic of Nightmare in this matchup. Instead shock had to teach this to me

Playing Nightmare early was an emotional decision. I'm use to having time to apply my rational process, but in pvp the timer pushes me. When my deck draws as intended, I am the beatdowwn. When I could feel shock beating on me, I fed into panic & looked for action where I needed inaction. Nightmare gives one beatdown the upperhand over another. I figured I'd draw sopa soon & I wanted to stiffle shock's momentum. These are anstract concepts far removed from the reality of the board state

I told shock I was feeling better after losing this than most matcchs. That was while I was still under the impression that it was just the risk of playing sopa. But now this is the worst, brings me back to that sleepless night after losing to Higgs in a semifinals. But then the radio played Cold in the Summer & I felt the stress wash away. Goodnight
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:15:54 am by serprex »

blarg: