*Author

Offline AfdarentyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
(Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246694#msg1246694
« on: September 24, 2016, 09:49:02 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sr 4sr 4sr 4sr 4sr 5of 5of 5of 5on 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 5pa 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mv 7mv 7n5 7n5 7oe 7oe 8pr

I'm fairly sure I got countered. But I'm playing 15 upgrade Mono Air, so it didn't matter much. Good games, Aether, sorry for the luck.

One of the most intense set of games I've played. I can't remember a play-by-play, but I had good quanta draws, often EE for fast damage, and enough SoFr to beat out his steals and deal damage past the Dims - though only very narrowly.

We ended up playing about 5 games with all the desyncs. Of the wins, one match I had 4 SoFr in the top 12, which meant I could easily deal enough damage through the Dims to win. Another match there was only one Dim, so my Dragons had a large enough window to win without SoFr. In the final game I had a very fast start, but blrawen had all the Dims he needed, and (I assumed) a lot of steals. I saved up to play three Dragons, then played out my SoFr one at a time. I needed 3/6 Dragon attacks to go through with 1 SoFr out, and got exactly 3.

Of the two desyncs, one was a match where blrawen drew no Dims. I'm pretty certain I'd have won that if my AI hadn't used Shockwave instead of saving up for a Sky Dragon. The other I needed SoFr to trigger 3/5 times with two of them out. On my side it triggered twice, on his side it triggered three times.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:16:18 pm by Afdarenty »

Offline blrawen

• Reputation Power: 2
  • blrawen is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Tinker hard, mindgate better
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246695#msg1246695
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:51:49 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5up 5up 5up 5up 5up 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622 622 622 808 808 80l 80l 80l 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pt

Great games, really fun, always one turn or 2 away, but sofree hates me apparently  :P
Better watch your step, you don't want to fall off the world! War 10 :aether soldier

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246696#msg1246696
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:58:15 pm »
Love spending 3.5 days during deckbuilding trying to counter this specific deck. 

Gratz to air on winning war, this war was designed for u guys to win. Best of luck to you guys, but honestly you won't need it.

This will be the last war I participate in with shards.

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246697#msg1246697
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:05:55 pm »
Love spending 3.5 days during deckbuilding trying to counter this specific deck. 

Gratz to air on winning war, this war was designed for u guys to win. Best of luck to you guys, but honestly you won't need it.

This will be the last war I participate in with shards.
That deck got an average ttw of 8.5. You must have some deck that is faster than that? your bow maybe?
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246698#msg1246698
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »
in testing, it wins in 5. And there are a lot of variations of this deck

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246700#msg1246700
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 10:10:15 pm »
No point participating in a war not designed for you to win? Makes sense

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • never trust a badger
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246703#msg1246703
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:17:05 pm »
No point participating in a war not designed for you to win? Makes sense

I take pride in being able to come up with a counter for any deck that teams could send to us. The only way to beat this deck and its variation in a bo5 is by RNG. I made a handful of decks that were 50/50 vs monoair sofree, but there are no counters for aether against this deck.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246704#msg1246704
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »
Great games, really fun, always one turn or 2 away, but sofree hates me apparently  :P

great attitude. New player to war playing all his matches with skill, high activity and sportsmanship.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:21:38 pm by JonathanCrazyJ »
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246705#msg1246705
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »
We were trying to counter the same deck last round. Unfortunately other teams get into a tougher spot a little faster. I'm wondering if you'd rather general for a not-top-4 shardless war team in shardless war over aether for sharded war

As an aside, this is a pretty good example given it's half upgraded Air with sofr. I recall as a WM you were talking about balancing war by giving more upgrades because as decks become more upgraded matchups become more coin flippy
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:28:55 pm by serprex »

Offline AfdarentyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246706#msg1246706
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 10:20:51 pm »
I will say that this is the second time I've played blrawen this War, and both times he's played really well. Good job! Keep it up.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • never trust a badger
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246708#msg1246708
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 10:28:29 pm »
I'm wondering if you'd rather general for a not-top-4 shardless war team in shardless war over aether for sharded war

Yes, actually. Hain and I discussed many wars ago the possibility of joining gravy trials and leading gravity to a war win and showing everyone that gravity isn't weak. Light almost (should have) won a shardless war also.

The idea that only top 4 elements can win shardless wars is absurd.

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Air Gen) Afdarenty 3-0 blrawen (Aether Lt) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63145.msg1246711#msg1246711
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 10:37:43 pm »
in testing, it wins in 5. And there are a lot of variations of this deck
The deck simulator is a bit tricky to use, 8.5 ttw was wrong. With a deck vs pillars it does 7.1 ttw which i super fast since a player can make it slightly quicker. Probably produces lots of 5 ttws. Aethers power has never been it's speed but it's power to protect itself and avoid things. So I guess this deck uses that weakness which makes it hard for you to counter. Only way to beat it is a faster deck or mass CC. So I get your concern. But that is only true if the deck is played by a Gen or Lt. Otherwise you should be able to counter it fairly well. 
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

blarg: Hyroen