*Author

Offline shockcannonTopic starter

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
(Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3 - 2 Afdarenty (Earth Mercenary) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67689.msg1295849#msg1295849
« on: February 16, 2020, 01:15:41 am »
A Sprinkle of Gravy
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4so 4so 4so 4so 4so 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f7 5f7 5f7 5fu 5fu 5fu 749 749 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 8pl

GG

Also, why does everyone have to play deflag vs. us? Do I need to start full out rushing again?

You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: (Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3 - 2 Afdarenty (Earth Mercenary) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67689.msg1295850#msg1295850
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:17:35 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 58u 58u 58u 58u 58u 58u 596 596 596 596 596 596 5ij 5ij 5rq 5v0 7dm 7dm 7hi 7hi 7hi 7hi 7n0 80m 8pp

GGs, fun match up! Nothing more terrifying than knowing you're going to be dead to bolts any second. I'd normally do a game by game description, but it's quite late here and they've all blurred into one so I'll attempt to give you a feel for the games below.

Very difficult for us to win this without an early Doll or unless Fire doesn't have an early Fahren, but it's a reasonably comfortable win when it happens. Well, Shock had a turn 2 Fahren in every game, meanwhile I had a Doll early in three of the five games. Unfortunately in one of those three the turn I drew a second Nova was the turn I was killed by Bolts.

I completely misread shocks deck - thought I was playing against 3-4 Gravity Shields and 4 Fahren, in no small part thanks to an early Deflag in G1 met immediately by a second Fahren before we were 10 cards in. After that I saved Deflag for Gravity Shield, and found that though Shock drew very few Shields in G2, he had two in the top half of his deck in G3... I assumed he was running 3. Had I known his exact decklist things probably would have been easier.

Misplayed a couple of times, particularly in game 5. I was very slow to play creatures out and didn't have a Deflag, so was pretty worried about pushing damage through Gravity Shield. So worried, in fact, that instead of just attacking when Shock had no Shield played I delayed my own creatures with Wardens to bring them down to 5 hp. It turns out that Shock never actually drew a Shield, so I might well have won had I just gone for it - though looking back, I don't think I would have. I was down to under 50 health at that point, we were 15 cards in and Shock had SoB in hand plus 50 Fire quanta. Now, to check VODs to find out the truth... Edit: Yes, I was dead anyway.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:07:30 am by Afdarenty »

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: (Fire Gen.) shockcannon 3 - 2 Afdarenty (Earth Mercenary) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67689.msg1295851#msg1295851
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:19:23 am »
:earth discards 12

anything
blarg: Hyroen