*Author

Offline Odii OdsenTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
(Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284189#msg1284189
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:42:03 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 61o 61q 61q 61q 61q 61u 61u 61u 622 622 622 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ak 80i 8pu

Original deck and used in the first game. I won because of early Jade Shield against early Guards. Lightning on Charger worked pretty well. Late Frogspam but not too late.

5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 61q 61q 61q 61q 61u 622 622 622 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ak 80i 8pu

Used this deck in game 2 and 3. Early Frogtal combination in both games. Outrushed.
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284191#msg1284191
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 08:47:57 pm »
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55t 55t 55t 55t 55t 576 576 576 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 745 745 747 747 747 747 747 747 8ps

G1 loss: Won toss, everything going good. I get him down to around 30 hp. I got 3 mercs on my side. Waiting for that fractal but didnt care, i had 3 RT's and 4 GPulls in my hand. He plays frog and fractal. No worries, lemme just grav pull 4 of them and RT the other 3. hand is empty, look at his side, only 1 frog has GPull on it... ProTip: Cant GPull more than 1 creature.

G2 loss: Lost toss got stomped

G3 loss: Lost toss got stomped
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284193#msg1284193
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 09:04:00 pm »
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55t 55t 55t 55t 55t 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 744 745 745 745 745 747 747 747 747 747 747 75m 75m 75m 8ps

Here's the deck as it was meant to be played.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline asdw152

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • yes
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284197#msg1284197
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 10:53:13 pm »
WM's have deliberated. Life's deck is sideboard, and the update to the role requires 5 upgrades rather than 8. Gravity's deck is missing 2 cards and reallocated upgrades.

Both teams have illegal decks, but:

Life's deck is labeled legal as we didn't change the sideboard upgrades on the gdocs, nor did we catch this.
Gravity's deck was a simple mistake of pulling the wrong version.

WM's decide that both teams lose this round, but suffer no discards.
Unstable Gas Can't Melt Steel Golems.
War #10 Team Death
War #11 Team Entropy
War #12 War Master

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284198#msg1284198
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 11:40:01 pm »
woah woah

both teams lose but don't have discards?? That's never been a thing. The only options which are fair to the other war teams are:

1. Both decks are illegal, so both teams lose and get discards as if they lost.
2. Both teams lose, so nobody gets salvage, but the team that actually lost gets normal discards.
3. the result is as normal, but both teams get a minor penalty for illegal deck.

You can't just act as if this shit-show never happened lol!
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284199#msg1284199
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 11:47:01 pm »
imagine round 15

imagine 3 teams left

Team A gets a bye and watched teams B and C play

Team A expects one team to get +6 and the other -24, for a net -18 to their rivals

instead, teams B and C BOTH field illegal decks... oh well, nothing to see here, no discards.

So with teams B and C both fielding ILLEGAL DECKS, team A suffers.

This precedent CAN NOT stand
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284200#msg1284200
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 11:50:24 pm »
Using the wrong deck has always been a loss with normal discards.

Offline moehrpi

• Reputation Power: 9
  • moehrpi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not War
  • Awards: Last Tournament Before Flashpocalypse (2021.01.10.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner	- March 312018 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner April 14thWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284202#msg1284202
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 11:55:49 pm »
I agree with JCJ on most points. Fielding an illegal deck and not losing sounds just wrong. The reference that was given out in chat (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-2-167/(earth-gambler-3-1)-ryli-3-0-asdw152-(discards)/msg1244674/#msg1244674) does say it was an explicit clearance given by WMs. Which wasn't the case here.

So the big question I see is: Do WMs guarantee for the vault tool's efficacy?

What I can't see is how Gravity does not lose with an illegal deck that's entirely their fault. Correct me if I am wrong about that assumption.
If those questions are answered you can move on to other questions like 'Is a (further) penalty warranted?' But I am not particularly opinionated in that regard.

Edit: missed JCJ's second post, also bit of a rant. But I absolutely fail to see the logic.

imagine round 15

imagine 3 teams left

Team A gets a bye and watched teams B and C play

Team A expects one team to get +6 and the other -24, for a net -18 to their rivals

instead, teams B and C BOTH field illegal decks... oh well, nothing to see here, no discards.

So with teams B and C both fielding ILLEGAL DECKS, team A suffers.

This precedent CAN NOT stand

To carry this example to extremes: Team A knows one of those teams gets eliminated, it's just that they aren't.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:59:28 pm by moehrpi »

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284203#msg1284203
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 11:59:06 pm »
WM's have deliberated. Life's deck is sideboard, and the update to the role requires 5 upgrades rather than 8. Gravity's deck is missing 2 cards and reallocated upgrades.

Both teams have illegal decks, but:

Life's deck is labeled legal as we didn't change the sideboard upgrades on the gdocs, nor did we catch this.
Gravity's deck was a simple mistake of pulling the wrong version.

WM's decide that both teams lose this round, but suffer no discards.
can you explain the both teams lose but suffer no discards part?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:13:59 am by immortal feud »
recovering firestall addict

Offline asdw152

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • yes
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284217#msg1284217
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 04:58:31 am »
To everyone angry at the decision, I apologize, and will try not to make decisions like this again.

My logic when talking to math about this was that both sides made honest mistakes. Life was rushed at the end and even I forgot the update to sideboard.
I think now that my ruling on Gravity was too soft. It was a simple mistake as well, but it can't be overlooked that this could have been avoided.

I messed up at my actions, and I'll offer a rematch with both teams using correct decks. If there's backlash against that, then I'll just give both teams discards.

I apologize again. PM WMs if there's any comments or complaints about this.
Unstable Gas Can't Melt Steel Golems.
War #10 Team Death
War #11 Team Entropy
War #12 War Master

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284221#msg1284221
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 06:18:48 am »
I'm in favor of rematch with correct decks
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Life Sideboard) Odii Odsen 3 - 0 MasterWalks (Gravity Lt.) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66701.msg1284222#msg1284222
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 08:10:57 am »
Ha! Who says WM always wins 8-) looks like it is Drama 1-0 WM in round 1 :P
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

anything
blarg: