Poll

At what point in time should the story open? (Elaboration in posts is welcome.)

A while before the test so that everyone meets?
Shortly before the test so that we don't interact until we reach the other side?
Just after we cross to the other world, before we lose contact with the facility?
A certain time later after we cross and after everything goes wrong?
Sometime else?

Poll

Once we have the chance to go our separate ways, should we break up 'teams' into different RP threads in order to keep the story organized?

Yes, that's a good idea.
We could, but I have a better idea (please elaborate).
No, we really shouldn't because (please elaborate).
No, who cares about being organized?
Something else!
Note your location in a spoiler at the beginning of every post (Arum).

*Author

Offline Lunaris

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • "I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning."
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222241#msg1222241
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 03:18:15 am »
Name: Izabelle Dixon
Other Aliases: Goes as Z when out and about to keep her identity safe.
Preferred Species/Race: Human
Preferred Appearance: Long, bright red hair. Ice-blue eyes. Standing at about 5'7, muscular. Gotta be strong in what I do. 
Primary Elemental Affinity: Entropy. Gotta love chaos
Secondary Elemental Affinity (if applicable): Death. One of my favorite things
Profession: Assassin
Notable Hobbies: Gaming, archery, fencing
Concerns About Test (if any): Nothing.
Test Expectation Rating out of 5 Cakes: I don't even know what this means, so how about a 3/5..cakes
Signature: Izabelle "Z" Dixon
Team F.R.O.G.S | Brawl #6
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!
:entropy ~AbomiNation~ :entropy

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222244#msg1222244
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 03:58:00 am »
Spoiler for application:
Project #9066 - Epidimensional Location Excitement Motivating Extradimensional Novel Transit Status

Name: Nile Rusus
Other Aliases: N/A
Preferred Species/Race: Human
Preferred Appearance:
- Hair is dark gold in the front but becomes a natural brown in the back
- Bright green eyes
- Rather short at 5"6', skinny yet muscular
Primary Elemental Affinity: Time :time, being born in Egypt gives an eerie natural affinity with Time
Secondary Elemental Affinity (if applicable): Air :air, worshipping Horus mainly grants some affinity towards Air as well
Profession: Came from Giza, Egypt to study abroad, currently majoring in Physics
Notable Hobbies: Good at swimming, used to swim for school in Egypt; cutting paper snowflakes is fun
Concerns About Test (if any): Might set back the studies and take away from his short time in his studying abroad experience; also, all the dimension warping might set him unstable and make him go crazy again..
Test Expectation Rating out of 5 Cakes: 4/5 stars, not dealing with the silly cakes

Signature: Nile Rusus

I have a question for everyone else while we're still in preparation, and those who have yet to sign up may also pitch in before the story actually starts. Would you rather begin:
- When we meet at the testing facility, to have some early interaction?
- Just before we go through the portal, to describe feelings and changes in the dimensional shift?
- Just after we go through the portal, to hit the ground running with fresh problems?

I'd say that we should meet at the testing facility, like how Arum said to do it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:21:17 am by AD TienzuStorm »
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Timdood3

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Timdood3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Air Enthusiast
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222248#msg1222248
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 05:18:11 am »
Name:  Joey Faral
Other Aliases:  None
Preferred Species/Race: Avian Humanoid
Preferred Appearance:  Tall and lithe, with silver plumage accenting my thin and fragile-looking arms and torso.  It gets in the way of getting dressed, so I usually go without a shirt, something that would probably make me uncomfortable if not for the feathers.  My legs are less avian, allowing me to wear pants, thankfully.  Other avian features include my eyes:  golden, my stance: walking lightly, seeming always ready to take flight, and my rather pointed face: completely human but clearly reminiscent of something hawk-like.  My hair matches my silver feathers except for a black streak on the left side.
Primary Elemental Affinity:  I've always identified heavily with :air, which should be obvious from my favored appearance.  Flight, freedom, and the ideal of existing everywhere.  While I can't fault anyone for choosing anything else, it seems almost foolish to choose any of the more restricted elements.
Secondary Elemental Affinity (if applicable):  Entropy.  Chaos and randomness are things that I've always been attracted to.  Luck seems to always come my way when I need it to, so why not honor it by choosing :entropy?
Profession:  College student, part time in customer service.
Notable Hobbies:  Naturally, flying kites amuses me.  It's a bit odd and probably isn't even notable, but having the feeling of control while also being at the mercy of the winds is just so satisfying.  And let's not forget gambling.  Probably more notable than flying kites, I have a tendency to throw half my paycheck at the chance to multiply it.  Usually it doesn't work, though I can't say I've never won enough to keep me going.
Concerns About Test (if any):  I'm concerned that there may be...limitations.  I'm not overly concerned, but concerned enough to write it down.  I'm note sure exactly what's possible in this virtual world, I fear it will just have the same limitations real life would have, even if it is in a fanciful world.
Test Expectation Rating out of 5 Cakes:  8 doughnuts.  (Converting it, that makes four cakes).

At this time, accessing the sub-regional dimension and, in its use, applying uniform distribution of friction is a developmental imperative in an emerging guided fantasy. The same being licensed herewith (except those consultants and in the survivor of such date the Committee under Warrant Agent and all respects be required by it may the same and shall have all of the rights except those belonging to a Stockholder which the latter have acquired in new Directives issued upon the surrender of Certificates or the return of a product duly described by an on-duty Theft Investigation Agent appointed by Licensee, or in Licensee's absence, a family member, if available, who has been both charged with and acquitted of larceny, or otherwise the Committee, with respect to the extent lawful) all stamp taxes and acknowledgement of the Procedure being duly issued as well as second-party recognition that the Participant has made this Agreement or superseding order in writing and in person, according to customary law, the User may request a restoration by the Company and the Plan, but he shall be in no event of supplication informed of Contents issued after the Procedure but before the restoration in its acting as the same, and local taxes cannot be exercised until and unless the Company has been indemnified by the local government for all tax revenues. Parties agree that the terms and conditions, set hereinafter and thereuntobefore, are subject to considerable and deserved mockery, and are bound together solely by a redundancy of fabricated prepositions.

Signature:  Joseph C. Faral

-----------

And back to All: I have a question for everyone else while we're still in preparation, and those who have yet to sign up may also pitch in before the story actually starts. Would you rather begin:
- When we meet at the testing facility, to have some early interaction?
- Just before we go through the portal, to describe feelings and changes in the dimensional shift?
- Just after we go through the portal, to hit the ground running with fresh problems?

Would be glad to hear back!

I say we just get right into it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:48:44 am by Timdood3 »

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222354#msg1222354
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 04:35:03 am »
Name: Chip Faral

Other Aliases: Cats need no alias'.

Age: 4 in standard human years, which translates to 28 in cat years.

Preferred Species/Race: Cat

Preferred Appearance: A sleek, glossy cat, with fur the color of silver, with occasional streaks of black through his neatly kept fur. A bit on the smaller end of the spectrum, as far as cats go, but, eh, better for flying. With that mentioned, akin to his owner, Joey Faral, Chip also adorns a pair of wings, feathers the same color as his fur. Chip's eyes are akin to the imagined color of the sands of :time, golden yellow. His tail is curiously kinked about 3/4 of the way up, curving his tail in the form of a question mark.

Primary Elemental Affinity: Chip mainly aligns with :air, like his owner.

Secondary Elemental Affinity (if applicable): Chip also aligns with :time, unlike his owner, who aligns with Entropy. Chip much prefers order and control, rather than randomness. Silly Schrodinger.

Profession: Catching mice.

Notable Hobbies: Weaving between feet, barfing in shoes, destroying furniture, and sleeping.

Concerns About Test (if any): Cats don't care about much.

Test Expectation Rating out of 5 Cakes: 2.5 cakes.

Notes: Chip is non-verbal, however, he uses Joey Faral as his interpreter, due to their Feral Bond. This bond remains through the transition of IRL to VR.

At this time, accessing the sub-regional dimension and, in its use, applying uniform distribution of friction is a developmental imperative in an emerging guided fantasy. The same being licensed herewith (except those consultants and in the survivor of such date the Committee under Warrant Agent and all respects be required by it may the same and shall have all of the rights except those belonging to a Stockholder which the latter have acquired in new Directives issued upon the surrender of Certificates or the return of a product duly described by an on-duty Theft Investigation Agent appointed by Licensee, or in Licensee's absence, a family member, if available, who has been both charged with and acquitted of larceny, or otherwise the Committee, with respect to the extent lawful) all stamp taxes and acknowledgement of the Procedure being duly issued as well as second-party recognition that the Participant has made this Agreement or superseding order in writing and in person, according to customary law, the User may request a restoration by the Company and the Plan, but he shall be in no event of supplication informed of Contents issued after the Procedure but before the restoration in its acting as the same, and local taxes cannot be exercised until and unless the Company has been indemnified by the local government for all tax revenues. Parties agree that the terms and conditions, set hereinafter and thereuntobefore, are subject to considerable and deserved mockery, and are bound together solely by a redundancy of fabricated prepositions.

Signature:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222434#msg1222434
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 11:52:07 pm »
Name: Yu'zsc

Other Aliases: None

Preferred Species/Race: Shadow

Preferred Appearance: An evee-shaped cloud of darkness, with holes letting the background being seen. A more convenient form for social events such as these is a feathered human, clad in a dark robe, only shape giving off the relief

Primary Elemental Affinity: :darkness is where i was born, and that to which i return

Secondary Elemental Affinity (if applicable): :entropy. Very whimsical

Profession: Anything that catches my interest. Currently, helping a local charity.

Notable Hobbies: Reading, searching for anything that could enhance power.

Concerns About Test (if any): None.

Test Expectation Rating out of 5 Cakes: .5 cake.

Notes: Tends to not talk much.

Signature:
Spoiler for Hidden:
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Silver EmeraldTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222436#msg1222436
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 12:06:57 am »
I've received less replies to the question in my last post than I have writers.

As such, I've put up a poll asking when each RPer would most rather open the story. If you have any inclination to elaborate on your poll answer and haven't already done so, I'd be glad to hear it.
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222567#msg1222567
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 12:43:39 am »
I was bribed

By dawn

Spoiler for Hidden:
Name: Jane Starkwood
Other Aliases:  Jane The Dragon
Preferred Species/Race:  Dragon
Preferred Appearance:  Hatchling dragon (European style, with four limbs and wings and whatnot).  Approximately 2 meters tall.  Pink scales.  Menacing appearance.  Green eyes.
Primary Elemental Affinity:  Entropy.
Secondary Elemental Affinity (if applicable): Darkness
Profession: Writing.
Notable Hobbies:  Drawing, fighting.
Concerns About Test (if any): Well, this seems exciting! Who am I going with? Although, exciting as it is, When exactly are we coming back? Does anything that happen here have the possibility of affecting me later on? What if I die in here!?
Test Expectation Rating out of 5 Cakes:  4 cakes.

Signature:
Spoiler for Signature:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:03:08 pm by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Timdood3

• Timdood3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Air Enthusiast
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222581#msg1222581
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 02:21:10 am »
Discord.
I told you to edit it, flesh out out and make it more than just sorry phrases.
You disappoint me cord.

• Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1222662#msg1222662
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 08:53:28 pm »
Thanks for signing up, all!

The plan is to begin by Tuesday; this thread will remain in case anyone else happens by and wishes to join in later.
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1223000#msg1223000
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 03:14:29 am »
Additional information will be added to this thread and the opening post from time to time, including but not limited to:

- Geographical and political information
- NPCs
- Other documentation

Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (and Related Discussions) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1223363#msg1223363
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 05:25:35 am »
We now have a new poll question about what's going to happen once we arrive!  Mostly since, if we go separate ways, the posts may be fragmentary and difficult to sort through. We'll have good reason to work in teams, but probably not all twelve together.

Please take a moment to vote, and reply if you choose a response-requested option!

Offline ProBacon

• ProBacon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Best Bacon
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality Sign-Up Thread (+Questions, Comments, Concerns) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61117.msg1223364#msg1223364
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 05:31:16 am »
Although the idea of people splitting up into teams is a good idea, I feel that the teams will be assigned therefore people who have already established more or less a relationship in the conference room have a chance to not be in the same team therefore the interaction in the conference room was for nothing. I say (if you want) you can get people to travel with or or give your self the option to travel by yourself.
:air War 11 - Team Air :air
:darkness War 13 - Team Darkness :darkness
:life War 14 - Team Life :life
The mind is your only true companion

anything
blarg: