*Author

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223036#msg1223036
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 05:48:29 am »
[Nile was just asking him about the apples]

Nile put down the apple. Seems as if this solitaire player was really serious about his cards.

He decided to follow the conversation the other person at the table was having (was their name Jaye or something?) with the man with the cat. Nile wanted to get to know what was with the man and the cat anyways, so getting into their conversation would help gather information. He could hear bits and pieces of the conversation.

"Avian... Kitsune business... sorry"

Nile scooted over to a seat next to them. He wasn't sure if he really wanted to speak now. He hardly knew what a kitsune was. From his memory, he seemed to remember it being related to a fox in some way, but that was it. His studies didn't cover such obscure things.

He bit into his chocolate apple and decided to just listen in. Maybe get some education done too.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Silver EmeraldTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223037#msg1223037
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 05:50:14 am »
"Hmm?" Broken out of his thoughts, Jaye looked back up. "Oh. Short version is a multi-tailed fox with magic abilities. Long version is...well, actually, the short version will do for now. Since I'm a hobby writer, I usually make up the details I can't be certain about anyway. Fortunately, having come up with characters, I already had an idea who to be...though only time will tell how well I live up to being in her paws."
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Arum

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hard hearts for hard days.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223039#msg1223039
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 06:33:08 am »
The flight was long, though impressive. In less than two thousand years, hell, less than fifty, we had developed a way to cross entire seas in less than a day. Now the only complaints were that it affected the body.

Jet lag, so to speak of it, sucked.

At least he managed to nap a bit in the cab, as the driver took him to this "Departure Science". Chasing pipe dreams, heh. In any case, it was interesting, and if it didn't have what he was looking for, oh well.

His only notion that time had really passed was when the cab stopped and the driver nudged him awake.

"That'll be seventy dollars, mister."

Slightly disoriented, James Azazel dug through his pockets, searching for his wallet, and when he found it, pulled out a clean-ish $100 he had gotten from currency exchange.

"Keep the change," and he stepped out, headed to the Departure Sciences Headquarters, and to the surely sterile underbelly of the beast.

On the way in, he passed multiple people, all crowding against a balding man. Stopping, he turned to the man, who was coughing, and waited.

"Who might you be?" after the coughing fits subsided and the people fussed.

"James Azazel. Here for the testing, sir."

"Down that way. I'm fine, really, don't worry."

Following the pointed finger into the surprisingly blinding abyss, James walks. That is mostly it. Walking.

Eventually, he comes to a door, and opening it, sees a cat eating some kind of chocolate confectionery, several people arguing about... humanoid animals, of all things, and a couple people on their phones.

Slipping in quietly and heading to the corner, he stands, observing everyone, especially how the cat is generally more interested with the male in the heated debate, and watching as the other man moves from the end of the table to them.

Maybe he'd join the debate, but a bit later, after everyone had come.

O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline Timdood3

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Timdood3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Air Enthusiast
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223040#msg1223040
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 06:38:11 am »
"Hmm.  I'm no good at writing, not that I have time to.  In any case, I'll let you get back to whatever thoughts you were having."  He turned to the lovably aloof foreign man that had approached.  "Is there anything I can help you with?"

Spoiler for OOC:
"That'll be seventy dollars, mister."
-
These are some damn expensive cab rides.  Or are they?  I've never ridden in a cab.
--
"On the way in, he passed multiple people, all crowding against a balding man. Stopping, he turned to the man, who was coughing, and waited."
-
The building doesn't have a traditional entrance (i.e. doors), refer to OP.
--
"several people arguing about..." "Heated debate"
-
We're not arguing I just asked him what a kitsune was ;-;

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223041#msg1223041
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 06:42:20 am »
Unimpressed by Mr. CEO, Sky walked into the room, surveying the occupants. He made a slight nod towards the cat, picked up an apple off the floor, leaned back in a chair, and started eating.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223060#msg1223060
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 11:22:39 am »
After walking for a few hours, Yu'zsc finally reaches the laboratory.

Pretty bland place. Nice fountain tho. Hey, individual that calls himself the organiser. Hidden room with already many people? Cool.

A little commotion happened, what with the fruit on the floor. Hmm. Let's observe from a corner of the room for now, and since i'm going to spend so some time with those people, let's run them discreetly through the datacenter. A little background check never hurts.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223082#msg1223082
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 02:15:54 pm »
[Chip won't/can't eat chocolate, @Arum]

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223084#msg1223084
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 02:35:08 pm »
Nile sighed inwardly after Jaye finished explaining about kitsunes. Seems as if this Jaye guy didn't know much about them either. So much for an educational opportunity.

However, more interestingly, the cat man turned to him and asked if he needed anything.

Nile stuck out his hand. "I'm Nile Rusus. Pleasure to meet you. Say, do you and your cat happen to have names?"
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline Arum

• Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223089#msg1223089
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »
"I'm Nile Rusus. Pleasure to meet you. Say, do you and your cat happen to have names?"

Nile Rusus doesn't look like much, at least to James Azazel. Foreign, and looking rather out of place. James knew the feeling; America was such a strange location. The female, Jay? Jane? He'd have to ask later. She looked like the first to come here, if her fidgeting was anything to go off of. And he was not exactly sure she was female; she looked rather... masculine.

On the second look around, the cat didn't seem to be eating the chocolate. It had a face of utter hatred, and while he was pretty sure cats shouldn't eat chocolate, he wasn't about to stop one that was viciously eviscerating the faux-apples.

In the other corner, another unassuming man was standing, but this time, James was interested. Not many people chose to stand in corners, and those that did were usually learners, to observe and not change what happened, in order to learn. Even more interesting, however, is that the man seemed to know who they all were, judging by the expressions he made and the tapping on his phone. They'd have to talk, sooner or later.

The second look around also caught either an arrogant or carefree man sitting in a chair eating one of the chocolate apples, apparently not caring about the taste.

Also noted was the wide berth of space that was given to a man wearing a temperamental expression. He likely shouted at the rest of them, though for reasons unknown.

James sighed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:06:47 pm by Arum »
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223094#msg1223094
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »
Jane opened her eyes. Had she slept through all this ruckus? It seemed so, as she was no longer surrounded by the busy streets and loud noises of the city. Instead it was darker now, and everything was quiet. The rustling of leaves and soft whistling of the wind. Letting out an immense *Yaawwwn*, she quickly straightened herself to a sitting position. Thinking for a moment, she picked up her bag, and shuffled through it. Checking to see if everything was there. Art pad, check. Punching gloves, check. Just in time, as the cab driver looked back at her.
"That'll be $35.50, please." Jane just sighed, and sifted through her pocket, quickly pulling out two twenty dollar bills and throwing them at the driver. He flinched, but took the money anyway. Halfway out the car, Jane heard a barely audible comment from the guy. "I guess even girls like you can be selfish." Without another word, she opened the driver's door, and grabbed his collar.
"Would you like to say that again?" She growled before letting go of his collar. "Some people need to learn some manners." She walked away without another word, bag on shoulder. Stopping in front of the building, she noticed a string of cars were already lined up in the parking lot. Was she late? Strolling along, she also noticed there was no door, no windows. Circling around to the other side, there was still nothing. A lone fountain stood there. Walking closer, Jane peeked into the bottom. Fish, fish of all varieties and colors. She smiled. At least there was some life in this dank place. She sat and watched for a moment, before a rumbling in the ground brought her back to reality. What was this? An earthquake? Looking around, she noticed a change in the scene. A circular white elevator stood out. Mustering up some confidence, she walked slowly over to it, and poked her head inside. A man stood inside. He looked frail and small in such a space.
"Jane," he called, "Jane Starkwood, correct?" he stopped in a coughing fit before continuing again. She just nodded suspiciously.
"And you are...?" She questioned him.He pointed to his name tag, Dave Smithson - CEO, Departure Science. Jane just shook her head as he ushered her into the elevator. How could she resist this? She was invited, and she just couldn't wait to start. Once at the bottom, the man took the lead, leaving Jane to follow behind. Everything was white. The floors, the walls, and everything in between. This wasn't what she expected. It was uncomfortable, as if she were being taken somewhere unknown. It was only a matter of time before the end of the line stopped. A room full of people lay in front of her. noisy, talking people. Just like the city all over again...
Walking in, she held her head high, trying to look confident.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:13:41 pm by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Silver EmeraldTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223098#msg1223098
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 04:07:42 pm »
The entry of more participants again gained Jaye's attention. 'So many quiet people...not that I'd complain, though usually places get noisier...' Someone who crept in just to stand in the corner, then a man who took a dropped apple without hesitation, a slightly older man busy with his phone, plus a young woman who (in Jaye's opinion) was trying maybe a little too hard to exude confidence. To each of the four, Jaye introduced himself, then asked their names...and repeated his question about who they were planning to be on the other side.

Footsteps occasionally passed the door, though as no-one entered it was likely just other staff going by.
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Arum

Re: Virtual Reality (RP) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61169.msg1223100#msg1223100
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 04:14:33 pm »
"I am James Azazel, though you may call me either. It's a pleasure to meet you, Jaye Granger," spoken in a low voice. "And as for my form... well, when we get across, you'll see."

Jaye Granger was clearly male, up close. James was piqued; he was certain in his ability to tell gender. In any case, Jaye had kipped off to the other newcomers.

He, she, was interesting, regardless of gender.

James continued to lean on the wall as he watched Jaye move around the room, Nile and the cat's owner now talking alone.
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

blarg: