*Author

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212071#msg1212071
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:06:11 am »
:entropy :death :gravity :earth :life :fire Planechase :water :light :air :time :darkness :aether

You're on the hunt. You don't know the target's name. You don't know what they look like. All you know is their signature card.

And someone's hunting you too.

Chase through the 12 elemental planes in search of your mark. Defeat them in a duel, and you'll take their power, their prestige, and also their target as your next.

Make alliances. Share information. Fight battles.

Who will be the last ones standing?

Step 1: Register a Character

I envisioned this originally as a sort of roleplaying tag game. I highly encourage you to roleplay, but you don't need to spend too much time on it if you don't want to.

Either way, you'll need to register with at least a character name if you wish to play.

After Sign-Up period is closed, I'll get you to PM me with detailed character information! This will be hidden from other players at the start of the game, but they will gather more information eventually.

Your character starts with the following:

1. A name and description.

2. A signature card. You'll get to choose from among the 12 Rare Weapons, and the 12 Alchemy cards. First come first serve basis. I will let you know if your choice has been claimed already. It's up to you to keep your signature card secret as possible!

3. A starting location. This will be one of the 12 elemental planes.

4. Access to 3 cards of your choice from your starting location. You will use these in duels! More on that later.

5. You also get access to 1 card of your choice from any element.

*Nymphs and Shards are unobtainable. Signature cards are reserved. Free access to Pillars and Pendulums.

6. You get :electrum 100 to start with. You will need this to buy access to more cards and perform special actions!

Step 2: Ready, Set, Action!

Unlike other forum games and PvP Events with a round system, Planechase will operate on a semi-realtime system to perform actions.

Each time you post, you will specify ONE specific special action that you perform. Each action has a potential cost, a potential cooldown before you can post again, and each of them will affect the game in different ways.

By default you must wait at least one other post before posting again. Some actions you must wait until the next page begins.

Here's a list of each action:

Action 1: <Tag CHARACTER> :electrum No cost

Tagging people is the most important action this game revolves around. When you tag someone, I will tell you their signature card, and then the two of you will either Duel or the tagged person can run away.

Your goal in the game is to tag your target, and then defeat them in a Duel. If you do, you gain access to their signature card, a significant bounty, and then you move onto their next target while they get eliminated from the main event.

You can only tag someone on the same Elemental Plane as you. Also, a variety of actions that a person can perform will render them safe from being tagged temporarily or until they perform another action.

For example, if you've just been tagged, or you just tagged someone, nobody can tag you until the result of your encounter is finalized.

Once you tag someone, you can't tag them again until either of you have left the plane.

If you tag your target, I will let both parties know. Getting tagged by your hunter forces you to Duel, you have no option to run away.

If you tag your hunter for some reason, I will also let both players know, but you both disengage immediately.

Action 2: <Planeshift to ELEMENT> :electrum Cost varies

There are 12 Elemental Planes that you could be on at any given time. These are sorted additionally into 4 Greater Realms, and 3 Greater Planes of Existence.

By spending :electrum, you can Planeshift to another Elemental Plane in the same Realm or Greater Plane.

The Greater Realms:

You can shift to any other Plane in the same Realm for :electrum 10.

:fire :entropy :death - Realm of Destruction

:water :gravity :life - Realm of Worlds

:earth :time :light - Realm of Ages

:air :aether :darkness - Realm of Space

The Greater Planes:

Your other option is to shift to any other Element on the same Greater Plane of Existence.

Planeshifting to the opposite Element in a Greater Plane costs :electrum 30 (:entropy to :gravity for example). Shifting elsewhere costs :electrum 20.

:fire :water :earth :air - Material Plane

:entropy :gravity :time :aether - Cardinal Plane

:death :life :light :darkness - Spiritual Plane

Planeshifting has the normal cooldown but you can only Planeshift once per page.

Please always track what Plane you're currently on somewhere in every post. It will make things much easier to keep track of.

Action 3: <Accept Duel> :electrum No cost

If you've been tagged, reply with this action if you choose to accept the Duel.

Duels are best 2 out of 3, with the same deck used.

Winner of the Duel gets up to :electrum 15 from the loser plus an additional :electrum 10 bonus reward.

Winning against your target gives you a large bounty of :electrum 100.

You can't be tagged again until you announce the end of your Duel.

More on that later.

Action 4: <Run Away> :electrum 5

If you don't want to take the Duel, you can simply pay out :electrum 5 to whoever tagged you.

They will still know your signature card. You can also be tagged by someone else immediately after.

You can't run away if your hunter tags you.

Normal cooldown.

Action 5: <Victory!> :electrum No cost

Use this action to announce that you've finished a duel. The winner gets their rewards upon posting this action, and it frees up both players to take other actions.

After finishing a duel, you can't be tagged again until you either post again or the game reaches the next page.

If you were the one being tagged and won the Duel, you can choose to <Planeshift> as a free action in this same post instead of the normal reward.

Standard posting cooldown.

Action 6: <Start Quest> :electrum No cost

Use this action to start a quest lasting until the beginning of the next page.

You can be tagged at any time during your quest.

You also can't perform other actions until your quest ends.

You don't actually have to do anything for your quest, but I encourage you to act out something interesting should you feel like it.

Action 6: <Finish Quest> :electrum No cost

Use this action to collect your quest rewards. Standard reward is :electrum 20.

You can be tagged any time after finishing a quest.

Normal cooldown.

Action 7: <Shop Request> :electrum No cost

Use this action to talk to a shopkeeper on your current Elemental Plane. This will be how you get access to non-signature cards.
Make sure to list the cards you're interested in. You will be able to buy cards that are in Element, as well as cards from the other category.

You only have to buy a card once to have permanent and infinite access to it.

The Game Master will post back with a list of current prices. Prices will fluctuate according super secret GM tech.

Sometimes cards will be out of stock. There will be scheduled restocks at the GM's discretion.

You can be tagged at any time while shopping. If you do, you must finish your duel before you finish shopping.

You can't perform other actions until you finish shopping.

Action 8: <Finish Shopping> :electrum Cost Varies

Use this action to finalize your trades.

List clearly which cards you want to buy, if any. If you have enough money, you will gain access to those cards.

You can also tip the shopkeeper :electrum 2. If you do, he will PM you information about your target, if he knows anything.

You can be tagged immediately after you finish shopping. Standard posting cooldown.

Action 9: <Secret Shop Request> :electrum 5

You can spend :electrum 5 to shop secretly. It will be exactly the same as a normal shopping request, except handled entirely in PMs.

You don't need to declare a finished trade in a secret shopping request. Instead, you'll be safe from being tagged until the beginning of the next page.

You can't perform another action until the next page begins.

Action 10: <Hide Out> :electrum 5

If you don't want to spend time in the shop but still want to be safe from getting tagged for a bit, you can choose to Hide Out instead.

Hiding Out keeps you safe until the start of the next page.

Unlike the Secret Shop though, you can end your hiding prematurely by performing another action.

Standard posting cooldown.

Those are all the actions for now, maybe if we need more I can add them!

Step 3: Let's Duel!

As previously mentioned, duels are best out of three. But there are a few additional rules to keep in mind.

Upgraded cards are NOT allowed.

You use the same deck for each game in your duel.

Your mark MUST be the same as the Elemental Plane you are currently on!

You MUST include at least three copies of any of the signature cards you've collected in all of your decks.

Other than that, you may only use cards that you have bought access to. If you own a card, you can include 0-6 in your deck. If you don't own a card, you CANNOT use it.

30 card minimum as normal.

This will be aimed as a casual event, so I'll leave things like Desyncs up to your discretion. If you want outside opinion, feel free to PM me or find me in chat if I'm on.

Try and finish your duels within 7 days. I may hand out penalties situationally if someone fails to complete a duel too often.

When you finish a duel, PM me your deck codes so that I can check their legality. You do not need to post them publicly if you want to keep your cards secret.

The winner reports the result of the duel in-thread with the <Victory!> action.

That's it, have fun, and hopefully it doesn't become a fiery mess of inactivity and bad organizer handling!

Q&A:

Spoiler for Questions and Answers:
Can I add anything unrelated to my action to my posts?

You're free of course to ask meta questions or discuss the rules. Please keep any information-related posts to private conversations.

Other than that, try to keep your posts to your actions and roleplaying segments. Also remember not to double post!

Are we allowed to share information at any time?

I will allow you to make any kind of private alliances should you so wish and share information privately with friends.

Keep in mind that everyone will chase everyone in the end though!

Please do not share specific people's information publicly in the thread without permission. Keep it to private conversations.

Can I PM you my signature card now? Or do I have to wait until later?

Feel free to PM me your full character information if you wish to reserve it early.

However, I will not confirm your character until full registration officially opens. (This is to minimize information you can pull out of it.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:53:09 am by EvaRia »

• Legendary Member
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212072#msg1212072
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 09:09:39 am »
Registration

Please provide a charactername if you wish to register.

1. kirbylover314 as kirbylover314
2. Linkcat as...
3. Zawadx as Slave 24
4. Fippe94 as...
5. dawn to dusk as...
6. Tymaret as Talrasht

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 07:08:41 am by EvaRia »

Offline kirbylover314

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212073#msg1212073
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 09:10:33 am »
in

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212074#msg1212074
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:16:09 am »
In.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212076#msg1212076
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:58:29 am »
Do we learn the name of our target at the start? Do we get a new target upon beating the old one?

How many upgrades for duels?
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212077#msg1212077
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:01:52 am »
Do we learn the name of our target at the start? Do we get a new target upon beating the old one?

How many upgrades for duels?

You know the Signature Card of your target, but not the name.

When you beat someone, that person's target becomes your new target.

Unupped only, for now. I may add in an upgrade path later once the rest of the game settles out.

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212078#msg1212078
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:08:09 am »
Huh, I don't see how much RPing will be done if we must keep our signature card a secret. Yes, it promotes an alternative route to focus on, but did you intend all the characters to be shady person-in-the-shadows or goofs with no idea what they're doing? /shifty

Anyways, signing up. I'll take the char name 'Slave 24'.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212079#msg1212079
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 10:09:54 am »
Are we allowed to say nything not related to any action in the post? For example sharing information or asking for it? Are we allowed to PM each other and share information at any time? We only send in PM to you with signature card etc after signups is over, or can we take a signature card right now?

Anyway, in. Name later.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212086#msg1212086
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 11:45:30 am »
Are we allowed to say nything not related to any action in the post? For example sharing information or asking for it? Are we allowed to PM each other and share information at any time? We only send in PM to you with signature card etc after signups is over, or can we take a signature card right now?

Anyway, in. Name later.

I think the information game should be kept mostly outside the public thread. You're free to ask meta questions etc. but otherwise keep your posts related to your actions and roleplay.

I'm not going to be able to control the flow of information anyways, so I say feel free to make alliances and share info with your friends. Just keep it out of the thread.

You can feel free to PM me with full character information now to claim it early. I will only confirm it once character creation begins officially though.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212234#msg1212234
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 05:02:49 am »
snine as *TBD*

Offline Tymaret

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Tymaret is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1212236#msg1212236
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 05:14:09 am »
A combination of Elements and Planechase? Oh, I'm definitely interested in this.

Signing up as Talrasht.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:23:45 am by Tymaret »

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Planechase! PvP Event meets RPG meets Forum Game https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60209.msg1213066#msg1213066
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 10:43:14 pm »
Gonna do a bump for 7 days registration.

If there isn't enough interest, I may have to drop this :(.

Please give it a try if you're interested!

blarg: kirbylover314,Linkcat,Zawadx,Fippe94,dawn to dusk,Tymaret