*Author

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1150988#msg1150988
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 10:59:07 am »
I had fun in the two 4e campaigns I was in, short as they were. I can find some resources we used and whatnot (maps are important for the immersion) and should have time to join. I'm thinking either my classic Pala or a Chaos Sorc I've been wanting to make.

Sneak peek at the storyline?
And what books are we allowing? I don't think more than PHB2 is necessary, personally.

Level 1 Chaos Sorc made with the offline character builder:

Spoiler for Hidden:
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Mai'itae Sha'arlan, level 1
Halfling, Sorcerer
Build: Chaos Sorcerer
Spell Source: Wild Magic

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 17, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 13, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 17.

AC: 13 Fort: 11 Reflex: 13 Will: 16
HP: 31 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Intimidate +9, Diplomacy +9, Bluff +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Dungeoneering -1, Endurance +1, Heal -1, History, Insight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion, Stealth +3, Streetwise +4, Thievery +5, Athletics

FEATS
Level 1: Implement Expertise (staff)

POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Acid Orb
Sorcerer at-will 1: Chaos Bolt
Sorcerer encounter 1: Bedeviling Burst
Sorcerer daily 1: Dazzling Ray

ITEMS
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Implement, Staff, Adventurer's Kit
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Background bonuses (Auspicious Birth, backstory coming), equipment and 22 point buy (I think justa was thinking of this when he said 20 point buy) should be confirmed by the DM.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:41:33 am by Higurashi »
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151038#msg1151038
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:51 pm »
Since burd is thinking about waiting for 5th edition to fully come out, and since people were talking about continuing to do oneshots to learn about roleplaying, I'm willing to host a Ironclaw oneshot sometime. Bug me in chat or pm if you're interested.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151466#msg1151466
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:33 pm »
I would like to ask a few questions and suggest a few stuff:

* Are you going to run sessions on chat (real-time) or have each player post his/her move in a daily/weekly basis (possibly with a countdown timer)? In the 1st case the session is going to run quite smoothly but people have to be of the same timezone and have the same amount of free time (which is quite impossible) while in the 2nd case the session is going to run at a snail's pace.

* How many 4th edition books/stuff/rules/errata do you accept? What kind of house rules are you going to implement? According to my experience, it is better to have every player know the rules since the beginning in order to avoid future quarells and misunderstandings.

* Are you going to use battle grid? If yes, you may use the elemental icons ( :chroma :entropy :death :gravity :earth :life :fire :water :light :air :time :darkness :aether :underworld :rainbow :electrum) to represent the tileset (1 icon= 5x5 ft. grid square) and facial expressions (  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ?_? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ) to represent characters, NPC and monsters. However, it is possible to run the game without battle grid, though it would be better to avoid a lot of tactical (pull/push/slide) Encounter Powers & Daily Powers.

* What is going to happen if a player doesn't show up in the chatroom or don't his/her character action at the appropriate topic within the turn's deadline? Are you going to run that character by yourself for this turn or for the whole encounter, using every single item and Encounter/Daily Power and Utility Power at your disposal? Are you going to drop him/her, though this may kill the rest of the party? After all, combat encounters are designed according to the level of the current party by taking into account every single party member and one member less may cause lots of problems, especially if one of the 4 roles remain unclaimed [4 roles= Defender, Leader, Striker, Controller]). Are you going to have this character act like being "Dominated" by the player's party (a.k.a. one basic attack at the nearest enemy but no any powers). Are you going to have the character take a "Full Defence" action or just staying idle? Finally, what if the character actually dies during the absence of his/her owner?

* Are you going to use an online Random Number Generator (e.g. Random.org) to calculate the dice results? Are you going to actually calculate everything by tossing around your d20 dice-set that sits near your monitor and informs us after that?

* What kind of freedom your players are going to have? Are you going to run a sandbox campaign (go everywhere you go, do whatever you wish, but you also take full responsibility of the consequences), a run-by-the-nose campaign (the king sends you there to do that, you are Lawful Good so you have to obey, you complete the mission, then the mayor sends you to another mission, once again you have to obey and go to the 2nd mission, you complete the 2nd mission, then the king sends you somewhere else, repeat, repeat, repeat...), anything between (a run-by-the-nose system where you have some serious choices to do or a sandbox where you can move around only a very small area, like a city or a village).

In order to have a faster running/more enjoyable experience, I suggest you should use plenty of Minions. Sure, when you gather with your pals around a table to roll some dice and having fun, minions go out too fast to be really enjoyable, but since we are going to play online and the faster a combat goes the less people become bored I think tons of Minions is a must-have. A Standard monster or max two (or an Elite monster in the rare case) with a fair number of minions of the same level is probably the best. Better leave Solos for the very rare occasion (I think they are going to need tons of time to go down during an online session) and better have them underleveled in order to go down faster than normal.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151537#msg1151537
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 12:58:29 am »
Really, really interested. I love DnD 4e and would love to be part of a full campaign. I've DMed for some cousins for a level 1-2 adventure, but they lost interest :/

I have 2.32 GB worth of PDFs of DnD 4e books, as a resource. This includes PHB 1-3, DMG 1-2, MM 1-3, the Arcane/Divine/Martial/Psionic/Primal Power supplements and the Rules Compendium. But I agree that PHB 3 is clunky. Maybe even exclude the Primal heroes?

There's also this website I found (http://roll20.net/) which can be used to organize tabletop games like this. I haven't really experienced it, so I can't say anything about how good it is. But worth checking out.

Also, dibs on Bard. We need a Leader in the group!
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151538#msg1151538
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:13 am »
I really really loved the first session. I'm a rogue , got a huge 300 exp, and eager to play some more
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151559#msg1151559
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:52 am »
Really, really interested. I love DnD 4e and would love to be part of a full campaign. I've DMed for some cousins for a level 1-2 adventure, but they lost interest :/

I have 2.32 GB worth of PDFs of DnD 4e books, as a resource. This includes PHB 1-3, DMG 1-2, MM 1-3, the Arcane/Divine/Martial/Psionic/Primal Power supplements and the Rules Compendium. But I agree that PHB 3 is clunky. Maybe even exclude the Primal heroes?

There's also this website I found (http://roll20.net/) which can be used to organize tabletop games like this. I haven't really experienced it, so I can't say anything about how good it is. But worth checking out.

Also, dibs on Bard. We need a Leader in the group!

I'm going to steal Roll20 to look at for some groups I know that are interested. It looks promising.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151585#msg1151585
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 06:08:39 am »
Time to come up with the most predictable backstory ever.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151621#msg1151621
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 02:38:55 pm »
That first test run on Thursday was the first time I ever played D&D. It was just one battle, but between charging boomerangs and being a complete and utter asshole, with the most health and just teleporting around, it was so fun.
Yay, one of my childhood dreams is done (Even though I'm still a kid.)

Why haven't I said thank you yet!? Stupid ungrateful bastard I am, clearly. ;~;

Ah well, dibs on warlock. Espithel (Pronounced Es-Spy-Thel, not Es-Pee-Thel. YOU CAN PRONOUNCE IT >:U:<) is hungry for souls and revolution.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:06:18 pm by Frozengaia »

Offline justaburdTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151695#msg1151695
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 08:37:31 pm »
So I've had a chance to sort of get familiar with roll20, so we'll see how it works out.

And read my last post ya?

Also, here's the link for the campaign on roll20. It might be nice to read some of the handouts under journal.

Might be a good idea to be there a little early to get familiarized with stuff.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:53:45 pm by justaburd »
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151699#msg1151699
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 08:45:34 pm »
I'm probably going to stream this attempt on Elements Radio just to work out some kinks on that end, too.

Also, do you want us to make new characters?

• justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151705#msg1151705
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »
old is fine, but if you didn't like your old one, you can make a new one.
Chirp? *looks around*

• Chirp!
Re: D&D 4e https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55420.msg1151735#msg1151735
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 01:44:44 am »
Ended. Hope everyone had fun. I think I should host this earlier or something.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:13:51 am by justaburd »
Chirp? *looks around*

blarg: