*Author

Offline DoctorCTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Regeneration bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64683.msg1266026#msg1266026
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:51:54 pm »
Wasn't sure where to put it, since not a it's not just arena or AI or something else.

Little background. I was fighting Divine Glory the other day with Adrenastaves counter presented in her Oracle thread. The interesting thing is that whenever I got EM from that fight, I'd always receive a 122 electrum.

Spoiler for I'm not lying, I swear:

Now, first thought that comes to mind is "Doc lied and used something that has either SoD or Stone Skin", which would explain everything, if I actually lied, but I didn't. So, I had to do a little brainstorming session.

Took a while and few battles against Serket with PDials, but I think we might have a hypothesis on this problem. See, when you fight Serket with PDials, you have a very high chance of collecting over one hundred poison damage on yourself. And when that happens, game decides to turn all this 100+ damage into healing (SoSacs and whatnot), and while only for a heartbeat, your current HP blinks OUT of boundaries of your max HP. You can try that, it works in trainer.

So, what does that mean for us? If something like SoSac can blink your current HP out of boundaries of max HP, can something else do that? Apparently, yes.
Spoiler for Long and boring explanation:
You see, there's a very special fact about Druidic Staff's regeneration ability - it actually comes BEFORE weapon attacks. How I'm so sure? Try getting hit by a 1 HP arena deck that only dealt like 2 or 3 damage, and then get EM. Druidic staves will grant EM, while life draining spells or creatures won't.
It's easily explainable by the fact that vampires and life-draining spells heal you depending on their damage, so they should calculate their attack first and then heal you. Staves heal you the same amount of HP, regardless of whether or not they hit anyone (Try going against  :aether stall with adrenastaves),
which gives them opportunity of healing before attacking

With that in mind, we have a weapon that heals before it attacks. And since delay last only a split second, it most likely just doesn't give game enough time to "realize" that player's max hp is lower than his current hp, which results in player getting EM score for 105 HP as oppose to 100 HP, which apparently only differs in two coins. And no, anything else doesn't work, we can only have 2 coins above our average EM (though SoDs and Stone Skin are still a thing)

Tl;DR - Druidic staves give you slightly (2 coins) bigger outcome when facing 1 HP decks or Divine Glory. Go exploit that ;)
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Regeneration bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64683.msg1266029#msg1266029
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »
old  :sillyspin:

But seriously, I can confirm. I've seen this countless times in games when I used to play Pdials, so there's likely a thread somewhere in the archive about it.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline DoctorCTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Regeneration bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64683.msg1266033#msg1266033
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
old  :sillyspin:

But seriously, I can confirm. I've seen this countless times in games when I used to play Pdials, so there's likely a thread somewhere in the archive about it.

Ye, but PDials don't make additional money off of that  :silly:
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Regeneration bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64683.msg1266034#msg1266034
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 06:18:49 pm »
It'd have to do with how the game is coded.

Probable order:

Healing from Staff puts you at 105/100 HP
Damage from Staff hits the opponent
(game ends if they drop to 0 health or less)
Healing is reverted to 100/100 HP

Since the game ends before the current HP is reduced to the max HP, it calculates your electrum off of your current health of 105 HP. The EM victory just subtracts the current health from the max HP which would be 0 or less.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:20:38 pm by majofa »

blarg: