*Author

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Not-a-bug List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg173252#msg173252
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 04:37:54 am »
Please add a fifth not-a-bug for stupid AI decisions.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Not-a-bug List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg178983#msg178983
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 12:01:31 pm »
only difference is ascetic, at most being useful as a way to get around earthquake
Aesthetic. I don't think marks are ascetic. At the most they're outcasts.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

kitty45

Re: Not-a-bug List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg279891#msg279891
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:16 pm »

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg381415#msg381415
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:56 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't have Moderator rights to this section yet, so I can't actually make any changes to the lists.

As soon as I get Mod rights, I'll makes any necessary changes.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg382276#msg382276
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 09:50:37 pm »
With the introduction of the Arena, people are going to get confused about deck age/dexterity, too.
In addition, some might get confused on why their Stone Skin or Chimera doesn't get them over 500 in a stat.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Scaredgirl

Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg384998#msg384998
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't have Moderator rights to this section yet, so I can't actually make any changes to the lists.

As soon as I get Mod rights, I'll makes any necessary changes.
Actually you've had them for about 2 weeks I think. I double-checked the permissions just now and and everything should be fine. In case you didn't know, your name does not turn green but you will notice some cool new buttons.

EDIT: removed fail estimate

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg385024#msg385024
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 04:29:03 pm »
Yeah, sorry.

I'll start adding things to the lists as soon as I find the time to go through everything properly.

Scaredgirl

Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg385062#msg385062
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 05:54:30 pm »
Yeah, sorry.

I'll start adding things to the lists as soon as I find the time to go through everything properly.
I had a feeling that my "2 weeks" was incorrect so I went to check it, and yes it was incorrect. I gave you the permissions a week ago, after your previous post, so everyone can just disregard my previous post. :)

There's no rush with fixing the section. Take as much :time as you need.

Offline Gorthos

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Gorthos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • laser robot eyes
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg392044#msg392044
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 05:48:14 am »
I am a software developer.  A couple of these are absolutely bugs.  Just because you found the explanation based on how the software was written, doesn't mean that's the way it should work.  If the program seems inconsistent to the user, it's probably a bug.

Lobotomizer + Adrenaline
"I lobotomized a creature with adrenaline, but it's skill didn't go away."
"I can lobotomize momentum, but not adrenaline?  Bug!"

When a creature is targeted with adrenaline, it is not given a new active ability.  Adrenaline is a passive ability, and as such, can't be lobotomized.  Momentum, meanwhile, adds a (possibly second) active ability called "momentum", so it can be hit by lobotomize.
So that's why the game doesn't make adrenaline go away - but SHOULD it work that way?  From a gameplay perspective there's no reason why momentum is active but adrenaline is passive.  It should be consistent and have them both be active, and both removable by lobotomizer.

Losing attack due to burrow
"I played momentum on my shrieker, giving it 11 attack, but when I burrowed and unburrowed it only had 10 attack."
"My 9 attack creature burrowed to 4 and unburrowed to 8.  Why did it lose attack power?"

When you burrow a creature, it automatically rounds down it's attack power.  When the creature unburrows, the game merely doubles the burrowed creatures attack power, and doesn't restore the previous attack power.
So this is a rounding bug.  You have to ask yourself if it really makes sense from a gameplay perspective that burrowing and unburrowing a creature would change its attack.  It does not - this is a bug.  Maybe not a high priority to fix, but it's there.

Offline preimage

• Reputation Power: 1
  • preimage is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg392977#msg392977
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 03:32:41 pm »
Lobotomizer + Adrenaline
"I lobotomized a creature with adrenaline, but it's skill didn't go away."
"I can lobotomize momentum, but not adrenaline?  Bug!"

When a creature is targeted with adrenaline, it is not given a new active ability.  Adrenaline is a passive ability, and as such, can't be lobotomized.  Momentum, meanwhile, adds a (possibly second) active ability called "momentum", so it can be hit by lobotomize.
Actually this explanation is not quite valid, I guess.
First of all, it is the status effect Momentum (denoted by an 'M' icon on a creature's portrait) what makes creatures ignore shields, not the skill Momentum (written explicitly under the portrait). The skill Momentum practically does nothing but preventing creatures from having the skill Bioluminescence when Luciferin is cast; it is a dummy skill like 'sword' that flying Short Swords and Long Swords have.

The Lobotomizing effect removes all skills (by the term 'skill' I mean a creature's so-called 'active ability' written under its portrait) AND the status effect Momentum from a creature. Of course the skill Momentum is removed when lobotomized because it is a 'skill'; regardless, the status effect Momentum is also knocked off even when the creature does not have the skill Momentum.

So as in the above post, I don't see a good reason why the status effect Momentum can be lobotomized but Adrenaline is not. This situation hinders us to say about 'status buff' and 'status debuff'; lobotomizing preserves status debuffs such as poison and gravity pull, knocks off status buffs like momentum, but why not adrenaline? Adrenaline is generally considered to be a buff, isn't it?

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg393036#msg393036
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 06:42:56 pm »
It's a bit complex due to there not being any terms for the five different statuses a creature can have. I'll use the terms I've always used to describe them here:

There are passive skills like ranged and airborne that usually can't be removed unless there's an active skill specifically designed to do so (Web on Airborne). These are listed in text on the back of the card (mouse over it while in play).

Active skills like Dive and Growth that can be lobotomised, but not Rewound. These are listed in words on the front of the card (under the card, visible while on the field).

Passive statuses like delayed, frozen and invulnerable (the latter is what Quint gives, and it only removes freeze). These and buffs can be Rewound.

Active statuses like Momentum and Overdrive that can be lobotomised and Rewound.

And symbol statuses like Adrenaline, Momentum and Quint. These all work uniquely since Momentum adds a symbol and an active status, Quintessence adds a symbol and a passive status, and Adrenaline only adds a symbol. Adren thus works the most like a non-freeze passive status. The only difference is that it's not listed on the back of the card in text.

These are only my terms, but categorising them like this has helped me understand the game. Whenever a new card is added, I can categorise it accordingly, and I don't have to get confused. It helps a ton to have your terms straight when discussing cards as well.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Gorthos

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Gorthos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • laser robot eyes
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner
Re: Not a Bug https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11523.msg393043#msg393043
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 07:01:29 pm »
Not buying it - there's no gameplay reason why adrenaline is a different kind of ability than momentum.  So one is passive and one is active - that's the bug.  They should both be the same type of ability since they both are cast on the card and passively influence how the creature attacks.  Note that lobotomizer doesn't mention anything about "passive" or "active."

You could go into incredible detail on the internal function of the entire program and claim that nothing is a bug because you can trace through the code to see why it happened.  But that's not what bugs are.  Just because you understand why it happens doesn't make it not a bug.

blarg: