*Author

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1009257#msg1009257
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 01:25:23 am »
Sundial sets all creature's attacks to 0.  It does not stop them from attacking.

I thought I had found an awesome way to stop Adrenastave healing....

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1009296#msg1009296
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 07:15:15 am »
Sundial sets all creature's attacks to 0.  It does not stop them from attacking.

I thought I had found an awesome way to stop Adrenastave healing....

Sundials sets all creature's attack to 0, mechanically yes.
But be careful, Adren do not think the creature's attack is zero.
For example, 15ATK adren creature gain only one additional turn under Sundial, not four.

And, staff's "regenerate" skill is activated every TURN, not every ATTACK. It heals you even it's stopped(frozen, delayed).
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline ArwulfTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Arwulf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Play a card, any card!
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1009588#msg1009588
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 01:11:40 pm »
First of all, thank you for all the input. Even now I have received enough suggestions to have my work cut out for me for the next couple of weeks. I will reply to each of your suggestions in due time, I noticed members are already correcting/editing each other's suggestions as well.

It will be an endeavor in itself to stay on-topic, as I would not like to overlap with Bugs/Mechanics (too much) but instead focus mostly on how one might (mis)read cards in relation to how they work out when actually played in different situations. I have thought about this for some time and I think the best context scenario I can come up with is this:

Optional:

Spoiler for Hidden:
A player who owns all the cards available in Elements, who has read all the cards, is familiar with the basic rules of the game is deciding on a set of decks. The player has access to the wiki and to the bugs/not a bug list. BUT, this player has never played a single game of Elements. Also, this player has only one point in time to make these decks. He or she has to build all their decks before playing so the element of 'trial and error' is eliminated from his or her deckbuilding skills.

This thread aspires to be the missing link for this particular player; it tells about the exceptions, loopholes and variations in game mechanics. After reading this thread (and the above mentioned threads) the player should no longer encounter any surprises about mechanics and be able to build decks that do not fail on grounds of unforeseen exceptions.

Sort of  8)

Greatly improvides

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1009590#msg1009590
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »
First of all, thank you for all the input. Even now I have received enough suggestions to have my work cut out for me for the next couple of weeks. I will reply to each of your suggestions in due time, I noticed members are already correcting/editing each other's suggestions as well.

It will be an endeavor in itself to stay on-topic, as I would not like to overlap with Bugs/Mechanics (too much) but instead focus mostly on how one might (mis)read cards in relation to how they work out when actually played in different situations. I have thought about this for some time and I think the best context scenario I can come up with is this:

Optional:

Spoiler for Hidden:
A player who owns all the cards available in Elements, who has read all the cards, is familiar with the basic rules of the game is deciding on a set of decks. The player has access to the wiki and to the bugs/not a bug list. BUT, this player has never played a single game of Elements. Also, this player has only one point in time to make these decks. He or she has to build all their decks before playing so the element of 'trial and error' is eliminated from his or her deckbuilding skills.

This thread aspires to be the missing link for this particular player; it tells about the exceptions, loopholes and variations in game mechanics. After reading this thread (and the above mentioned threads) the player should no longer encounter any surprises about mechanics and be able to build decks that do not fail on grounds of unforeseen exceptions.

Sort of  8)

Downward capability version of this?
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline ArwulfTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Arwulf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Play a card, any card!
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1009604#msg1009604
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »
I am not sure what 'downward capability' means, but yes, somewhat like the thread you linked but then more precise and with card images. Mostly, though, it focuses specifically on the card text.

From the linked thread entries such as the following have no place here for various reasons:

Spoiler for Hidden:

- "Supernova costs 2 :entropy and generates just as much" - can be deduced from the card itself

- "Empathic Bond will heal you for every creature on your side, even if its frozen, poisoned,... You will be healed as your creatures attack." - Does not conflict in any way with how the card is written or how game mechanics function.

- "Hitting a creature with 5 or less hp with Rage Potion will kill it." - Obviously

Greatly improvides

Offline pulli23

• Reputation Power: 3
  • pulli23 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's going on here?
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1009836#msg1009836
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 11:02:24 am »
I found parallel universe weird when targeting airborne creatures who's airborne have been removed. Maybe the actual weirdness is with the removal of airborne (they should keep the "airborne" ability, but receive a status "webbed").

Offline salox

• Reputation Power: 3
  • salox is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Card text inconsistencies, Check this out, it helps https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1046967#msg1046967
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 12:00:59 pm »
as suggested by Tirear, I'm posting this issue here, about the wording of fog shield:

today in pvp1, I was pointed out that it made miss a weapon, but the card says creatures.....

I said that it's been working like this forever, and actually I think it's the way it has to work, but just the wording isn't correct

hope they fix the wording :P

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Card text inconsistencies, Check this out, it helps https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1079047#msg1079047
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 12:15:35 pm »
I found parallel universe weird when targeting airborne creatures who's airborne have been removed. Maybe the actual weirdness is with the removal of airborne (they should keep the "airborne" ability, but receive a status "webbed").
Deja Vu and PU do not copy the airborne status.

In other words, if you use 'Web' to remove airborne on a creature, its copy will regain airborne.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:17:21 pm by UndeadSpider1990 »
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Inconsistencies: WIS - WID https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1079048#msg1079048
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 12:21:07 pm »
Immortal creatures are affected by shields because they thematically phase into existence when attacking and so get affected by shields.

Purely thematically speaking, how come Phase Monsters can't figure out a Phase Shield?
And why is a Phase Spider incapable of it at all?
:P
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline Zergva

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Zergva is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Slightly new to Elements
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Card text inconsistencies, Check this out, it helps https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1088420#msg1088420
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »
Why does SoSac is cumulative? As like if the 1. SoSac swap the damage-heal, the 2. should heal 48 life and swap it back, so nothing happens...

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Card text inconsistencies, Check this out, it helps https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1088423#msg1088423
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »
It misses from the Original Post that Sanctuary also protects you from the opponent's Shards of Bravery.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: Card text inconsistencies, Check this out, it helps https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44161.msg1088473#msg1088473
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 06:17:22 am »

the creatures that the skull buckler kills turn into ELITE skeletons
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

anything
blarg: Tirear