*Author

xKelevra

Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg199945#msg199945
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2010, 02:43:17 am »
My philosophy on religion: God didn't create humans; humans created God.

MrMojo

Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg200150#msg200150
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2010, 11:10:37 am »
My philosophy on religion: God didn't create humans; humans created God.
True dat.

I mean, humans came before dinosaurs?

Are you forreal?

Offline lolicjj

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lolicjj is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg200159#msg200159
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2010, 11:51:33 am »
Another religion about atheism that i like to read, especially I'm Catholic..

Look. Even I'm 12 years old kid that didn't know a lot, but I'm sure there's some mystery about God and Jesus out there. One that i found is the mystery about Jesus Shroud.

I didn't believe to God a lot, but since i must, i do it.

Just being yourself and don't debate about religion is the way to peace the world, not to mock other religion.

Follow Which way you want and it'll tell you who you are, sooner or later

iampostal

Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg200922#msg200922
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:54 am »
something cjjkrenz said i had to reply to" Just being yourself and don't debate about religion is the way to peace the world, not to mock other religion."this doesnt work if the other religion wants to convert or kill you as some extreme religious zealots believe.history has shown over and over and over that religion is NEVER about peace because even if your religions is 100% peace some other religion will call you a heretic and decide you must die because you are wsrong. Why atheism is simply:because it doesnt make claims about unreal things without evidence and claim them as true.and to the person who listed all the "prophets" ...has no one found it odd that as intelligent a species as we are today in 2010 that god has only chosen to communicate with illiterate men (always men),shepards farmers and peasants from 2000 years ago rather than talk to his much improved human species? its stunning how things like yeti,ufo sightings, and other supernatural claims have reduced almost 50 in the last 5 years alone...why?because everybody has a cell phone with a camera.it is no coincidence that as we attained the means to verify supernatural claims people like god became very very silent

Vindo

Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg205807#msg205807
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2010, 03:24:22 am »

Look. Even I'm 12 years old kid that didn't know a lot, but I'm sure there's some mystery about God and Jesus out there. One that i found is the mystery about Jesus Shroud.

Just being yourself and don't debate about religion is the way to peace the world, not to mock other religion.

It's important to debate and question religion, otherwise how would anyone have an informed decision about the way they have lived their life?

For example I may have been brought up in an atheist family and never heard of God and since no one informed me about the possibility I may have just earned a ticket to hell.

Or I could have been brought up in a strict catholic family and never have been taught about other religions or the possibility that a God does not exist. I would be pretty annoyed if I died and went to hell Scientologists got it right and no one told me.

Offline lolicjj

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lolicjj is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg205994#msg205994
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2010, 12:16:11 pm »
Nah, lets take a look.

In Bible it said ," God creates world, plant, animals, and human".

But, if we look at some historical book it said ," Eugene Dubois found a jawbone, teeth, skull top, and left femur in the village of Sandpipers, Indonesia. Eugene Dubois estimates that the brain volume this creature is 900 cc, larger than the species of monkeys that peak brain volume is only 600 cc.  Because the type of creatures found in the village Sandpipers position is between apes and humans, then given the name Pithecanthropus Erectus."

So which one you believe? If the Bible is true and the history is fake, OR The history is true and Bible is fake? Or you think this was a paradox? I don't know.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg206018#msg206018
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2010, 01:38:22 pm »

Excuse me? I fail to understand that sentence.

Offline DragonZProductions

• Reputation Power: 5
  • DragonZProductions is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just call me DZP
Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg216979#msg216979
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2010, 05:06:39 am »
Nah, lets take a look.

But, if we look at some historical book it said ," Eugene Dubois found a jawbone, teeth, skull top, and left femur in the village of Sandpipers, Indonesia. Eugene Dubois estimates that the brain volume this creature is 900 cc, larger than the species of monkeys that peak brain volume is only 600 cc.  Because the type of creatures found in the village Sandpipers position is between apes and humans, then given the name Pithecanthropus Erectus."

So which one you believe? If the Bible is true and the history is fake, OR The history is true and Bible is fake? Or you think this was a paradox? I don't know.
Are you sure that god is just one of several FG's that have a Mark of 3 and fully upgraded cards?
just had to say that... now to be realistic about this though...
Alright why can't both be right... When I would say I made lunch do I also say that I got a up, went to the refrigerator, opened the refrigerator, grabbed the meat, grabbed the coca-cola, closed the refrigerator, etc. no I just say I made lunch.  When it says "God creates world, plant, animals, and human." it could have gone down where god created the world, then he created plants, then he created animals (which would include the named Pithecanthropus Erectus) and then created man later on.  There is no time period to this either so therefore this could have been a very long and drawn out process in order to have created humans.
I'm A Dragon!

QuantumT

Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg216983#msg216983
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2010, 05:13:23 am »
Nah, lets take a look.

Are you sure that god is just one of several FG's that have a Mark of 3 and fully upgraded cards?
just had to say that... now to be realistic about this though...
Alright why can't both be right... When I would say I made lunch do I also say that I got a up, went to the refrigerator, opened the refrigerator, grabbed the meat, grabbed the coca-cola, closed the refrigerator, etc. no I just say I made lunch.  When it says "God creates world, plant, animals, and human." it could have gone down where god created the world, then he created plants, then he created animals (which would include the named Pithecanthropus Erectus) and then created man later on.  There is no time period to this either so therefore this could have been a very long and drawn out process in order to have created humans.
That's fine until you start using this "god" figure to justify all kinds of other things.

It also doesn't work with the people who really try and interpret the bible as literally correct in everything it says, but they can be dismissed.

Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg217007#msg217007
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2010, 05:56:34 am »

Look. Even I'm  12 years old kid  that didn't know a lot, but I'm sure there's some mystery about God and Jesus out there. One that i found is the mystery about Jesus Shroud.

BANHAMMAH!!!!

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg217013#msg217013
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2010, 06:13:04 am »
Might as well add my own two cents.

Let's just assume that there is a God. This God is all powerful, all knowing, and can control everything.

Now let's assume that this God also created the world. If he's so powerful that he can make an entire universe from nothing, who's to say he can't make bones that appear billions of years old to humans? Who's to say these bones were not put here as part of his great plan just to throw us off track and make us think that Humans created God, not the other way around? Who's to say he can't use his power to make us think we are the only life force in the universe?

It is my belief that God does not want us to be his slaves, he wants us to chose him, to love him, and to be willing to be his servants.  That has, and always will be, my view on religion.

Rip on me if you want, but that is who I am. Deal with it.

I'll close with a quote from a godly man I once knew... "If I live my life uprightly and it turns out there is no God, so be it, I lived a good life. But I'd hate to be the guy who lived his life for the vain pleasures of this world assuming there is no God, but was wrong."
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Why Atheism? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6397.msg217137#msg217137
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2010, 10:28:22 am »
*snip*

I'll close with a quote from a godly man I once knew... "If I live my life uprightly and it turns out there is no God, so be it, I lived a good life. But I'd hate to be the guy who lived his life for the vain pleasures of this world assuming there is no God, but was wrong."
I don't disagree with what you said, even though I'm atheist. Assuming God exists, I agree with what you said, and more importantly how you said it. That's a very good stance to have.

I only reply because of the quote you used. It just rubs me the wrong way some, but that could be me just reading too far into it. It seems to me like it's pointing at atheists, and generalizing them. It's probably not, and I'm just reading into it, but I just wanted to point to that.

And that's a problem I have generally, about how some people tend to view atheists. We are often put down, thinking we are some heathen sinful person, when that's usually not true. I'm not saying you specifically think that way or anything of the sort, your quote just got me onto this topic.

Atheists are no different than every other person. We all sin, some more than others, and we all have negative qualities, some mroe than others. But there isn't much correlation between what you believe and just how far up you are on the sin scale. I've known people who claim they are Christian and do more sinful things then i would have imagined. On the opposite, I've known atheists that are nicer, and more good natured than most religious people I know. it's those 'gems' that do fit the stereotype that really give people of a respective group a bad name. And its, more than not, the bad ones that get the most attention, and spread around the stereotype around more.

I personally don't believe in God, a god, a goddess, multiple gods and goddesses, or anything of the like. The reason is for a lack of credible scientific evidence. I don't have a hard time believe there is a god, or goddess, or whatever, I just choose to follow a more scientific path, at least until some hard scientific evidence. My mind won't be swayed on that as I don't believe such evidence exists as of yet, if ever at all. I've heard and scene plenty of people defend both sides and provide what they say is evidence, but for everything that I know, I can't see what they present as evidence supporting their claim for religion. But that's me just rambling now.

I kind of went right past my point. Regardless of what you believe, or don't believe, it shouldn't influence you being a good person. You shouldn't be a good person because a religion tells you to. I think that is pretty stupid. You should be a good person, do good things, because you want to, because that's who you want to be, and because it's generally accepted as the right thing to do. I know religion has a large basis in what everyone sees as right and wrong, and it's hard not to be influenced some that way. Some things are obvious(don't murder) and somethings are more blurry(adultery), but after so many years, those things have evolved into a general acceptance of right and wrong, with some moral ambiguity sprinkled here and there.

I know many people who will, and have, argued what i'm about to say before, and regardless of what I say, people will most likely discuss it, but what I believe is that if a god does exist, you just need to be a good person to gain the rewards of whatever religion that god is about. I know, at least in Christianity, just being a good person doesn't grant you access to heaven, but you have to believe Jesus is your lord and savior. I just can't wrap my mind around that. Why would a loving god turn his child away, not because he was a bad person, but simply because he does not believe? That's just...it's just wrong in my mind. And just simply believing in Jesus doesn't grant you access to heaven too, at least, I'm somewhat sure of that. I could be wrong because of the line "For he who does believe in Me shall not perish but have everlasting life." There could me more before or after it that I don't know or other lines. But that's just me rambling again.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

blarg: